+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phelim on the Moor

Thread: extra character slots

Soulwalker

Default extra character slots

i know if i buy the base game of Rift i will get the extra character slots but if i dont buy the base game but go straight for the storm legion expansion will i get the extra character slots or will i still need to buy the base game?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuntu96 View Post
    i know if i buy the base game of Rift i will get the extra character slots but if i dont buy the base game but go straight for the storm legion expansion will i get the extra character slots or will i still need to buy the base game?
    Both the RIFT and Storm Legion products grant permanent unlocks to your account. Owning the base game will open extra character and bag slots, while Storm Legion will unlock the expansion Souls (Harbinger, Tempest, Tactician, and Defiler).
    Perma Band in 9 continents and one Solar System!

Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    Both the RIFT and Storm Legion products grant permanent unlocks to your account. Owning the base game will open extra character and bag slots, while Storm Legion will unlock the expansion Souls (Harbinger, Tempest, Tactician, and Defiler).
    While I realize that this is a direct quote from the F2P FAQ, I want to clarify that both the base game and Storm Legion will open the extra character and bag slots. Storm Legion gives you the souls as well.

I would try to find a Storm Legion physical box at a store somewhere, because they're $20 in a lot of places. Buying the bag unlocks and/or the souls from the store is going to cost a LOT more than $20, especially because the bag unlocks are account-wide if you buy the game. If purchased in-game from the Rift Store, bag unlocks are about $5 per bag per character, and the storm legion souls will cost over $20.
    Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 06-14-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    While I realize that this is a direct quote from the F2P FAQ, I want to clarify that both the base game and Storm Legion will open the extra character and bag slots. Storm Legion gives you the souls as well.

I would try to find a Storm Legion physical box at a store somewhere, because they're $20 in a lot of places. Buying the bag unlocks and/or the souls from the store is going to cost a LOT more than $20, especially because the bag unlocks are account-wide if you buy the game. If purchased in-game from the Rift Store, bag unlocks are about $5 per bag per character, and the storm legion souls will cost over $20.
    Well i bought the storm legion expansion 2 days ago but i didnt get extra inventory or extra character slots

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by adraken109 View Post
    Well i bought the storm legion expansion 2 days ago but i didnt get extra inventory or extra character slots
    Did you buy the Expansion Only copy? The expansion only (no 30 days free, no base game) will only give you the souls.

+ Reply to Thread