Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Not so cool for old newcomers

Soulwalker

I dunno what game OP been playing lately but 6 gb is about the minimum for a game these days (that is non MMO). For MMOs 16GB like Rift requires is on the small side, DCO 20 GB, Terra 27GB and SWTOR and TSW both are 40 GB.

Soulwalker

Oh as for install size just google requirements for rift it tells you that it requires 15 GB of disk space (this is for Rift storm legion release day 0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantillary View Post
    Given the size of the 2.3 patch (1.63Gb), I believe he'd've been whining about even that. And that's the minimum size of the patch he'd've had to've downloaded even if he had've installed Storm Legion from a CD.

It's a no-win situation for him.
    Ever try to download 1.63GB patch to a Commodore Vic-20 via 300 baud modem? I can see why he's complaining.

Title should have said... "Not so cool for old-timers".

I do have to include myself in that... I remember Heathkits with toggle switches.
    Last edited by Ynrapbag; 06-15-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by naaier View Post
    Please show me the link where it tells me exactly how many gigs I can expect to download as a new gamer.
    Here you go!
    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...r-playing-rift
    Hard disk space: 15.0 GB

Soulwalker

8/10

Would read again

Successful troll is very successful!

Really folks, you think someone who pays for bandwidth will not check how much of said bandwidth it takes to download a game? Also anyone that can turn on a computer and open IE (I KNOW that is what he's using if this is actually true!) knows that a MMO will be bigger than 18MB!

Feed the trolls not! Let them die in obscure embarrassment.

Soulwalker

It would have been worse had he got it all installed, then realized that the bandwidth required to keep the game playing is quite high for someone paying for a cap.

Let me get this straight you at one point owned this game since you had played this years ago. Unless you have a mental disorder you would have remembered that this game takes up close to 10 gigs in the original version. If you had such a ****ty ISP provider then chances are you must have purchased the box version; if you had the box version why didnt you reinstall using the disc ffs. If you are truly well versed in this genre of games then you would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that a multi gig down load was a given.

Personally I think you are either willfully ignorant or you're a troll.

LOL what a whiner. You have no idea how foolish you look. MMOs are big, they have always been big. You knew there would be big downloads. If you didn't, then you obviously haven't been paying attention in any of the games you've previously played.

I've seen some many complaint threads in all my years of MMO'ing (which precede yours, trust me), but I've never seen one so frivolous, so petty, so just plain wrong.

My condolences that you have to pay for bandwidth the way that you do. Where do you live, Latvia?
    Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That won't help either because that's a disc more than likely from release. So you've got a few years of patches + Storm Legion to download.. Which leaves him in the same predicament.
    Pretty much what's going on with me. Bought the collectors edition when it came out. Re-installed today. Still have 10g of patches and whatnot to d/l. Good thing is, should be done by the time I get off work tonight. Anxious to see what's changed since I left.

Quote Originally Posted by mojorysen33 View Post
    8/10

Would read again

Successful troll is very successful!

Really folks, you think someone who pays for bandwidth will not check how much of said bandwidth it takes to download a game? Also anyone that can turn on a computer and open IE (I KNOW that is what he's using if this is actually true!) knows that a MMO will be bigger than 18MB!

Feed the trolls not! Let them die in obscure embarrassment.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I'm 37*, I remember old school gaming. And I've never heard of a "MUDZ." There were MUDs, MUCKs, MOOs, and MUSHes, but I never ran across a MUDZ. Unless that's just a horrid typo, he was pulling out something that sounded old as part of his troll.

And, yeah, anyone who has played an MMO knows they're not a small download.

*"I'm thirty-seven!"
    "What?"
    "I'm thirty-seven, I'm not old."

Create a web site (inherently a bandwidth sink) to complain about the bandwidth necessary to download the game?
    Careful what you wish for.

Soulwalker

I am not a little brat - I've been online since BBS was around, I owned a Commodore Vic 20 and wrote computer games, I was big on MUDZ. This is just a big money hole and I'm not impressed.
    So you have been playing online games that long and haven't figured out that when you don't play in a long time they have big updates?

I don't care, I wasn't warned of the large downloads that would happen AFTER the measly 18mb download! You obviously don't pay the high bandwidth costs that I do. The sudden jump from 18mb to Gigabytes is unacceptable. I have uninstalled the game and will not come back. To some it might be fine, but not to me. It's misleading and downright unfair. I know some countries have really fast connections and unlimited bandwidth etc but not here in South Africa - we pay for every last nanosecond of data. If I had known it was going to be gigabytes of downloads I would have just deleted the email and carried on with something else to entertain myself.

Bottom line - NOT COOL. I feel cheated and swindled. Having read the TOC about credit cards etc I'm glas I didn't carry on with this.

Good riddance.

Rift Disciple

Viva de influx of de "maple story" peeps!

Soulwalker

I don't understand why you aren't mad at your internet service? I have never heard of paying for used bandwidth. It sort of seems silly to choose that style of payment for a online game player.

Also just by playing wouldn't you eat tons of bandwidth?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast