+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hunt Rifts?

Default Hunt Rifts?

So I've been back for a couple of weeks now after a year + absence and I still don't fully understand the hunt rifts. I've seen the vendors in TB and even got a quest to do one, but I'm not clear on what their purpose is?

Also, are those 10k planarite lures the only way of opening them and if so...there must be a new source of planarite or something because I only seem to get about 100-200 planarite per rift right now so that 10k cost seems impossible...

And also, totally unrelated, I have a big stash of expert lures from back in the day...are those still any use at all or can I safely junk them?

Smile Planarite and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
    So I've been back for a couple of weeks now after a year + absence and I still don't fully understand the hunt rifts. I've seen the vendors in TB and even got a quest to do one, but I'm not clear on what their purpose is?

Also, are those 10k planarite lures the only way of opening them and if so...there must be a new source of planarite or something because I only seem to get about 100-200 planarite per rift right now so that 10k cost seems impossible...

And also, totally unrelated, I have a big stash of expert lures from back in the day...are those still any use at all or can I safely junk them?
    Hi Kerri, welcome back to Rift!

The hunt rifts are a way to get rep with certain factions such as the Torvan Hunters, they are needed to get your epic planar essences as you hit 60. The lures are costly, but usually if you get in a good group or a guild run you guys can coordinate which lures everyone should bring with them.

Planarite rewards have greatly increased with Storm Legion, you'll rack it up before you know it. Make sure you're jumping into zone events to get planarite and infinity stones.

The old school lures are only useful in Mathosia (vanilla Rift content), so they won't do you any good in Storm Legion content. I have a bunch in my bank for a rainy day

I wrote a guide here for returning players about Storm Legion. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rm-legion.html

I would suggest finding a returning player friendly guild to help you with your new adventures in Telara!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I thought this thread was about me.

Telaran

I haven't looked at the guide posted above, but in a nut shell:

* You want Torvan rep. To get it, you need to do a LOT of hunting rifts.
    * There are probably 40 different hunting rifts (guessing). You want to do all of them.
    * You don't need to provide the lure to get credit, but you do want to contribute lures when you can.
    * You can solo all the level 50 hunting rifts at 60. You want to do them all so you can buy the Great Hunt Level I lures.
    * You want to do all the GHR Level I rifts so you can buy the GHR II lures. And do on.
    * There are GHR groups (level 60 - I, II, III, IV, V) going on all the time. Just ask in chat, or look for them in Ashora and crash the group (there will be no more than two open raid tears - shown in yellow - in Ashora at any given time, so if a group is currently active, monitor the tears on your map; if one changes to a rift, that's where the group is). Any group will likely welcome additions, as there's no reason not to. A single group can last for hours, with people constantly rotating in and out.
    Last edited by Habard; 03-11-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Telaran

P.S.: * Track which hunts you've done via Achievements \ Planes \ Hunting Rifts

Plane Walker

Keeri, just so you know, from a typical great hunt rift, I generally get 2k - 3k planarite. With a larger group doing a great hunt 4 or 5, I can get over 4K. So that 10k planarite does not seem as large a hurdle as it used to.

Thanks for all the information. I'm curious though, if regular hunts are for rep and eventually the ability to do great hunts, then what are the great hunts for? Is it all just for gear? Does that mean there's no expert T1/T2 type dungeons at 60?

Kerri, the Greater Hunt Rifts are for more rep with the Torvan Hunters, greater rewards and some are part of quests.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I thought this thread was about me.

Thanks for all the information. I'm curious though, if regular hunts are for rep and eventually the ability to do great hunts, then what are the great hunts for? Is it all just for gear? Does that mean there's no expert T1/T2 type dungeons at 60?
    The Hunt Rifts/Great Hunt Rifts are an addition to the game. 10 and 20 man Raids are still a part of Rift in Storm Legion, but they added the (Great) Hunt Rifts giving folks another form of fun/advancement. Hunt Rifts are ways to force bosses from their planar homes to come to Telara. It's almost like a T1/T2 Raid but in the open world that anyone can join in on. The various bosses all have their own mechanics and techniques that you have to follow to beat them, just like dungeon bosses.

Why do them? Well, they award Notoriety for the Torvan Hunters faction, and that is the Faction that rewards the best Lesser Essences, as well as some nice capes. Do you _have_ to do them? No, not really, but you'd be missing out on some powerful Lesser Essences.

Here is the rare "Friendly" Essence:

Code:
    Apprentice Berserker's Sandstone
    Bind on pickup 
    Planar Essence Lesser 
    Strength +30 
    Endurance +22 
    Attack Power +19 
    Earth Resist +29
    And here's the level 60 Epci "Glorified" Essence:

Code:
    Hunt Prime Berserker's Sandstone
    Bind on pickup 
    Planar Essence Lesser 
    Strength +63 
    Dexterity +26 
    Endurance +41 
    Attack Power +40 
    Earth Resist +50
    Pretty massive difference, eh, especially considering you have 4 lesser essence slots?
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) & Oxenheart - Warrior (60) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me / us (or if you here a "Huzzah!" after a zone event)!

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I wrote a guide here for returning players about Storm Legion. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rm-legion.html
    Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful.

I would have been very tempted to transfer my old toons off of my now-defunct ("test") shard to Faeblight but I just cannot get into RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffle View Post
    Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful.

I would have been very tempted to transfer my old toons off of my now-defunct ("test") shard to Faeblight but I just cannot get into RP.
    Faeblight is way more than just RP, we have everything the others have. The difference is that we don't harrass the players that do RP. Try a test toon over here you might actually be surprised at what the server is really like. We have a lot of friendly people and most don't RP, but just like the atmosphere here.

Quote Originally Posted by Loht View Post
    Faeblight is way more than just RP, we have everything the others have. The difference is that we don't harrass the players that do RP. Try a test toon over here you might actually be surprised at what the server is really like. We have a lot of friendly people and most don't RP, but just like the atmosphere here.
    Thanks. I may do that. I am starting over from scratch and only got my first new toon up to 12 or so last night.

I got talked into rolling on a RP server with a RP-heavy guild in TOR and I didn't find that I enjoyed the experience much.

I moved my new toon over to Faeblight last night (lvl 16 now). I am already impressed with the quality of banter in the 1-29 channel compared to Deepwood.

Soulwalker

What's your toon's name? Wafflehaus?

Close, Waffelhaus.

In rep grinding, I see that Level 5 GHRs give about 700 Torvan rep for completion, and some additional for in GHR activities. Are other level GHRs the same? All give 700? Also, if you were to do HRs in Cape Jule at level 50, what Torvan rep would you get? I assume not 700; however, if similar rep, the speed to complete the rift might be somewhat beneficial if you were wanting to get Torvan rep pronto.

So for each level I-V GHR (Ashora) and HR (level 50 zones) what Torvan rep can you expect to get for those that have dabbled into this better.

Thank you,
    PC1: Asus P8P67 Deluxe - i7 2600k: OC to 4.8Ghz - PC2: Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 - i7 3700k: OC to 4.6Ghz
    PC1: TriFire HIS Radeon HD 6990+6970 - PC2: EVGA 680 FTW
    PC1: 3X HP ZR24w monitors in portrait @ 3600X1920 - PC2: HP ZR30w 2560X1600 Monitor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast