+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark of Ascension, Greater Mark, Infernal Mark??

Soulwalker

Default Mark of Ascension, Greater Mark, Infernal Mark??

So I did my first expert dungeon and had the option of picking different plagues or marks. I've found the guys in Sanctum where I can use my plague achievement, then plague of achievement and the gear I just bought. Then what looks like better gear with the Mark of Ascension. The question I have is..where do you spend the greater mark and infernal mark?

I plan on getting marks of ascension since it's a big upgrade and I'll get more of them than the greater or infernal...does that sound about right?

Any help would be appreciated!

• If you do not plan on leveling beyond 50, I would recommend you pick the Infernal Marks of Ascension as those are the highest tier gear you can receive for level 50.
    • If you do plan on leveling beyond 60, the mark-based gear does not matter and you can essentially just use the marks for "costume" pieces and buy the ones you like the most to toss into your wardrobe.
    • The gear you purchase with Greater Marks of Ascension is out in Moonshade Highlands -- Reclaimer's Hold is the porticulum location. The NPC's name is Yolanda Vimmar "Hammerknell Raid Merchant."
    • The gear you purchase with Infernal Marks of Ascension is at Ember Watch (Ember Island). The vendors are the forges towards the back of the area near the mailbox.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-05-2013 at 12:23 PM.

I stream a lot. I'm pretty terrible, so don't expect much ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ.

π

Cupcakey explained everything you need to know, but let me just add that when you turn level 48, if you have purchased Storm Legion, you're going to get green quest rewards for level 50 that will put most of that gear you're looking at in Mathosia to shame, and it'll take about 30 minutes to go from level 48 to level 50 questing in Brevane and Dusken.

However, to get enough of that pre-Storm Legion raid gear to even come close to it, you will have to put in hours upon hours of level 50 expert dungeons, with the long waits, the wipes, etc.

By all means, do as many dungeons as you can because they are fun and group content is really the core of Rift at end game. The better you become at learning your role and all that, the better asset you will be at 60. But I wouldn't really worry about the pre-Storm Legion Marks of any kind. Again, unless you plan on just playing without Storm Legion.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (60) | Oxenheart - Warrior (60)
    Woecaller - Mage (60) | Elmstalker - Rogue (60)
    Loughlaigh - Cleric (60)
    4 more 50+ ... Lawd Hep Me

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    What happened to "@ No Quarter"? Or you coming back to Faeblight to be "@ Exposure" again?
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Loughlaigh - Cleric (60)

Soulwalker

I just hit 50 and the wife 51 and we plan on going to 60 and hopefully getting with a raiding guild. So, if I'm understanding correctly, NONE of the marks really matter since we will be getting the best and brightest while raiding at 60.

In order to raid though, we'll need XX amount of hit and toughness and whatnot. Wouldn't the lower tier gear help to reach that? OR...does the gear that drops on the way to 60 from quests, and all the various rifts, beat the mark, plague stuff?

Sorry for the questions...and thanks so much for the answers!

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Welcome to Rift!

And, yes, the gear that you will receive in the Storm Legion areas will have the basic hit you will need until you hit 60.

At that point, you will need to do the expert dungeons to get gear to ready yourselves to raid in the one 10 man and two 20 man instances. I will say that toughness is a little bit harder to come by, unless drops out in the zones have changed in the last couple of updates, so watch for those pieces if you want to tank. There is good gear from the infinity stone world merchant, too.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Most Storm Legion green gear will have +25 Hit, whereas old world/Mathosia blues and purples might have +13. Crafted gear with Storm Legion augments will be very powerful and will have +25 Hit per piece if that slot gets +Hit. Get into a guild and there will no doubt plenty of folks able and willing to help you make great gear if you gather up the materials. And now, the entry level SL augments are super cheap, less than 10 plat a piece (whereas in the 3rd tier augments are in the 150 plat range).

And yes, after you get strong enough gear-wise, you begin the gear progression treadmill, running normals, then experts, Chronicles, etc. Don't expect to see +Toughness on gear outside of Experts, so you may have to DPS a bit first and roll on what you need.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Loughlaigh - Cleric (60)

Infernal Mark gear looks amazing for the most part. I might even just build them up for the beautiful gear.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carnalpleasure View Post
    Infernal Mark gear looks amazing for the most part. I might even just build them up for the beautiful gear.
    Plus, you still get Planar Attunement XP for running them (with the daily bonus), so if you're not PA capped, it's not an entirely bad way to build up PA.

Additionally, you will get notoriety for the mathosia based factions. Not that it would get you anything gear-wise that matters in SL. But it might matter to you if you are a completionist and/or want certain pets and mounts from the faction vendors.
    Last edited by Mandarb; 02-06-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Telaran

Once you hit 50 spend a little time on Ember Island<sp> the PA bonus is nice and good simple quests, plus good gold. SL gear is far better but SL monster have tons of health!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyda View Post
    Once you hit 50 spend a little time on Ember Island<sp> the PA bonus is nice and good simple quests, plus good gold. SL gear is far better but SL monster have tons of health!
    I remember hitting level 53 on release day, and my main(who was a low geared alt), was getting smacked around like a whimp. lol Made leveling difficult..Thank god for IA's and Hunt Rifts.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Soulwalker

Full infernal from prior to SL and just coming back, level 56 before I started replacing any of it so yeah it's worth getting with those infernal marks.
    My only problem is what do I do with all these extra marks from pre-SL now, yo used to be able to buy PA exp crystals, now they just waste a line in my currency list. Absolutely nothing to spend them on, can't even vendor the gear so that's pointless too.

+ Reply to Thread