+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Guide for Returning and New Players to Storm Legion

Default Guide for Returning and New Players to Storm Legion

I have made a quick and concise guide especially for returning players to Rift that are new to Storm Legion.

Below are some notable changes with Storm Legion and a jump-start guide to getting you to the new content and on your way!

Getting to Storm Legion Content

Traveling to Chancel of Labors in Iron Pine Peak is your first step to accessing the new content in Storm Legion. It is here on the frozen lake to the south of Chancel of Labors where the portal is to venture into Cape Jule or the Kingdom of Pelladane. Cape Jule looks and feels like Ember Isle and Pelladane has a feel similar to Stillmoor.

The portal will take you to either of these zones, there isn’t much difference in questing and quest rewards between the two, travel to both of them and determine which one you like better. Make sure you pick up the new portals in the SL zone.

Getting to Tempest Bay

The new zones you first encounter in SL have a quest taking you to the new cross-faction major city, Tempest Bay. There is an easy way from Cape Jule. take the IPP portal to Cape Jule, from there pick up the portal in Daemon Loci, then run due east towards the coast. You should find a town called Tulan, on the docks near the water is an NPC that will take you to Tempest Bay. This captain is a nondescript looking NPC, their name is, “Captain Lok Okupilo”, they are on the right of the docked ship. This is the same NPC that is part of the quest line from Tulan to secure transport to Tempest Bay.

Once in Tempest Bay it can be a bit daunting, it is larger than Meridian and Sanctum put together. The portal is deep in the city, so there is a bit of running from the docks outside of Tempest Bay to the portal. On your way to the portal is the crafting area to your right of the large staircase you ascend in Tempest Bay to reach the class trainers and portal master.

Crafting

New crafting level cap is 375.

The first towns you encounter in Cape Jule and Pelladane have some crafting trainers, notably butchering, mining, foraging, survivalist, and fishing. Generally the skill needed for SL crafting is 290. Tulan in Cape Jule and Tuldio Retreat in Pelladane have the other crafting trainers and class trainers along with portals. These are your two major hub cities in the first two SL zones.

Master Craftman’s Marks are earned from doing daily crafting quests once you reach certain crafting levels. These are combined with the weekly earned Grandmaster Craftman’s Mark to purchase recipes from crafting recipe vendors. Artisan Marks are still earned and used.

I want to make a note on fishing, it is no longer needed to fish certain skill levels per zones, any zone in SL will give you skill points towards a max level of 375 fishing. A minimum fishing skill of 270 is needed in all SL zones.

Questing

Picking up the quests in IPP and completing them before you take the portal on the ice to the new zones will start story line quests that take you into the Storm Legion.

One of the main changes to quests with the launch of SL is a carnage quest. If you kill a certain mob it will automatically give you a quest to kill X amount of those mobs. The hand in for the quest is easy, there will be a notification in your right hand corner of your screen for turn ins. These quests are very beneficial for butchers, as many of the quests include beasts.
    There are however still quest hubs throughout Storm Legion.

You will find many quests include story quests that will lead to a cape at the end of the quest line, these quests are available in both Cape Jule and Pelladane.

Quest rewards will soon replace your epic purples from raids and experts in chocolate Rift. Make sure you try doing some onslaughts in the new zones, there are several areas in each of these two zones. The rewards include the new currency and planarite and of course XP.

Currency

With the launch of SL there are a few new currencies. First one you will encounter is Empyreal Sourcestones. These are earned from completing instant adventures, carnage quests, onsluaghts, and zone events in the lower level zones of SL. Empyreal Sourcestones will allow to purchase upgradable gear in Tempest Bay from the Adventure Dealer.

The other new currency is Infinity Stones. These work the same as the Empyreal Sourcestones but are used to purchase higher level and better quality gear. These are earned from doing zone events, instant adventures, carnage quests, and hunt rifts. This currency is used in Tempest Bay to purchase goods from The World, Lycini and Hunt Rift Merchants.

Planarite is still earned and used.

Empyreal Slayer’s Marks are used to purchase expert dungeon gear and Frozen Eclipse Stones are used to purchase raid gear, these merchants are found in Tempest Bay.

Hunt Rifts

Hunt Rifts are a new edition to SL. Using planarite you can purchase the lures needed to open up hunt rifts. They are sold by the Torvan Hunters in Tempest Bay. There are six Torvan Hunter NPC’s that will allow you purchase different rank lures for opening hunt rifts, the ranks are based on your faction rep with the Torvan Hunters. The hunt rift lures use planarite to purchase, higher ranks use the new SL currency along with planarite to purchase.

Gaining rep with the Torvan Hunters will allow you to purchase essences, capes and dimension items. The Torvan Hunters also sell the DRR lure.

Hunt rifts in general scale to the amount of players there are to to close the rift (not as many mobs will spawn if there are only 3 players vs. 10 players). They work like other rifts within the game; mobs spawn and you kill them with objectives during different phases of the rift. Hunt Rifts have a main spawn called a “Herald” and there are quests to collect items from these Heralds that help you gain Torvan Hunter rep.

Mounts

Mounts are purchased using platinum and Lucky Coins just like in chocolate Rift. At level 51 there is a mount vendor in Tempest Bay that will allow you purchase an epic steadfast 130% speed bear mount for 300 platinum.

With the introduction of SL several mounts are available with a 150% mount speed. A bear mount and an armored spindrel mount are available through the Eternal City Saviors faction and the Necropolis Caretakers faction respectively. Level 50 is required along with revered rep for both factions; the mounts cost 1000 platinum each. For 200 Lucky Coins you can purchase a spider mount at level 60 in Tempest Bay.

General Class Changes

Level cap is now 60.
    New souls available for each calling:
    Cleric: Defiler
    Warrior: Tempest
    Mage: Harbinger
    Rogue: Tactician

More information on each of these new souls and guides for each class are available in the Rift forums here http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...lasses-telara/

General Game Changes

Both Defiant and Guardian players can group up, be in the same guild and talk cross-faction (This change was made before SL in patch 1.10). The LFG system is also cross-faction and it is also possible to speak to players from other shards through chat.

If someone tags a mob that another player is killing whether by healing someone attacking the mob or doing damage to the mob will get credit for participating in the kill. They will receive quest items, quest credit and cash drops. So if someone comes up running to help you kill some mobs, they’re not stealing it, just getting credit too!

Guild level cap is now 25.

The new Warfront, Karthan Ridge is available at level 50.

Dimensions

Dimensions allow you and/or your guild to own a piece of Telara. Using craftable , acquired and purchased items, your imagination is the limit in building a retreat. Your dimension can be private or public, allowing others to RP or spend time in your customizable part of Telara. When people visit your dimension they can give you a positive vote that will help your dimension’s ranking for post popular dimension on your shard.

Hope this helps! Happy hunting!

Please leave any suggestions or feedback!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    I thought this thread was about me.

Soulwalker

Wow, this helps more than you know. I can't wait to have some time to log in and check it out! Def. bookmarking this post. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alelle View Post
    Wow, this helps more than you know. I can't wait to have some time to log in and check it out! Def. bookmarking this post. Thanks!
    Glad I could help at least one person
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 01-28-2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I'm a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post

Traveling to Chancel of Labors in Iron Pine Peak is your first step to accessing the new content in Storm Legion. It is here on the frozen lake to the south of Chancel of Labors where the portal is to venture into Cape Jule or the Kingdom of Pelladane.
    Quite possibly the most useful part of the whole thing, too. I don't have the xpac yet, so I don't know how clear this is natively, but getting there is - as they say - half the battle.

Thanks M.
    Last edited by Salanth; 01-28-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: okay so they don't really say that...
    - Salanth

Prophet of Telara

You might want to add that for returning players, they need to go to Ember Isle and pick up the quest for Nexus Infusion. It took me up to L53 to realize there was an easier way to do Onslaughts!

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    You might want to add that for returning players, they need to go to Ember Isle and pick up the quest for Nexus Infusion. It took me up to L53 to realize there was an easier way to do Onslaughts!
    I think it's still a possibility to get it in EI however you automatically get it at level 51 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I think it's still a possibility to get it in EI however you automatically get it at level 51 now.
    If you're 50 when you came back, then you get it at 51 automatically. If you were sub-50, then you get it at level 50.

Give me feedback! I'm hoping this thread is helping others

This will definitely help when I get that far with this game, which I'm really hoping I'll reach to. the Storm Legion contents sounds pretty cool. I've heard there are some glitches with Tempest Bay though, with people randomly dying from falling through the ground or whatnot. I suppose there's bound to be glitches though, but hopefully they'll start putting a fix with them. Thanks for the post~! Bookmarking this for when I get this far in the game and can easily find it ^^

Hope this is still helping others!

I already knew you rocked, but this wonderful gesture only confirmed it.

Meag is right on all points.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EnochianCub View Post
    I already knew you rocked, but this wonderful gesture only confirmed it.

Meag is right on all points.

Awww shucks

Tcm
    Soulwalker

Hey, Nurse. I read the guide and it helped out a ton, (It's Tcm (obviously)) But yeah, so thanks for the guide and I bookmarked it so I can come back and read it anytime instead of getting on and being like pssshhhhttt what was this again.

Default Thank You!

Thank you for making this thread. I just re-subbed after being gone since April of 2012 and boy do I feel lost! I have 3 lvl 50's and have no idea what is going on, lol. The pvp soul is gone, and now there is the whole planar attunement thing, not to mention the new (to me) equipment slots. Any idea where to find a guide for a level 50 that knows less about the current state of the game than your average level 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqenhgar View Post
    Thank you for making this thread. I just re-subbed after being gone since April of 2012 and boy do I feel lost! I have 3 lvl 50's and have no idea what is going on, lol. The pvp soul is gone, and now there is the whole planar attunement thing, not to mention the new (to me) equipment slots. Any idea where to find a guide for a level 50 that knows less about the current state of the game than your average level 20?
    There are patch notes but they can be overwhelming. I'm working on another guide that will be for new players.

I do have a suggestion though, join a returning player friendly guild. Which shard are you on? If you're on Faeblight or are willing to transfer (it's free) let me know!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast