+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Guide for Returning and New Players to Storm Legion

Default Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    There are patch notes but they can be overwhelming. I'm working on another guide that will be for new players.

I do have a suggestion though, join a returning player friendly guild. Which shard are you on? If you're on Faeblight or are willing to transfer (it's free) let me know!
    I'm hitting the patch notes tomorow, spent most of today looking at different build guides. Going to Faeblight sounds like a good idea, but I see its a the RP'ing shard; I know some guilds take the whole RP thing seriously, is that how you guys are?
    Last edited by Jaqenhgar; 02-10-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqenhgar View Post
    I'm hitting the patch notes tomorow, spent most of today looking at different build guides. Going to Faeblight sounds like a good idea, but I see its a the RP'ing shard; I know some guilds take the whole RP thing seriously, is that how you guys are?
    Philanthropy respects RP, but we don't make it a requirement. It's not a major guild focus, being casual and having fun is more our focus
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Default Sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    Philanthropy respects RP, but we don't make it a requirement. It's not a major guild focus, being casual and having fun is more our focus
    You guys sound awesome, I'm going to transfer my toons later today, after I slog through the patch notes. My rogues's name is Deadgirl, Gregor is my warrior, and to tell you the truth I forget my other characters names (It has been a while) I'm Defiant side, but I don't think that matters anymore. Who should I contact when I get to Faeblight? Oh, and I don't have anything against RP, just wanted to make sure I wasn't expected to speak in antiquated English when talking to guildies.

Default Sounds great

sorry double post
    Last edited by Jaqenhgar; 02-11-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: double post

You guys sound awesome, I'm going to transfer my toons later today, after I slog through the patch notes. My rogues's name is Deadgirl, Gregor is my warrior, and to tell you the truth I forget my other characters names (It has been a while) I'm Defiant side, but I don't think that matters anymore. Who should I contact when I get to Faeblight? Oh, and I don't have anything against RP, just wanted to make sure I wasn't expected to speak in antiquated English when talking to guildies.
    Hello!
    You can contact any of the toons listed in my signature. If I'm not around, send us a guild invite request through the guild finder by typing <Shift G>.

Hope to talk to you soon!
    CQ needs a enema.

Nurse is a hawtie!!!!

=p (fellow guildie)
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Default RIFT NOT worth your money.

Rift not worth your money to come back. THE CODE OF conduct / TRASH IS JUST THAT. TRASH . THE ALLOW PLAYERS TO name their characters names like " Mis carriage" the word Ra pe is not filtered. and and you can harass any and every one trashonWorlds does nothing. call player names like children do in grade school. So-called Mature gamers?? what a joke. yes they'll ban me for this. If yoU hated Blizzard's WOW, YOU HATE RIFT TOO FOR THE SAME REASONS. I BOUGHT A YEAR thinking this was a better game it is the same and even worse. MMOgame Massive Mstake Online Game. Trion trash and go bankrupt and no one would care. There are better Gamer softwear companies like EAGames " Challenge Everything". TrionTrashyWorlds is not the best. the Biggest the is the Crappy " Code of Trash" that suits only a few. Trion was trying to remake and try a "World of Warcraf"t type game. Copy cat hmmmm i say Kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by Christanton View Post
    I got better things to do. Like i can read and learn
    the BIBLE
    Made reading your BS absolutely worth it.

Also, please don't speak for my community. We seem to be a lot more welcome here than in any MMO I've ever played.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Default changes

I'd also like to add to this thread that you no longer have to train your callings abilities and there is also no longer falling damage. Not really related to SL I guess, but good to know. Those two things really suprised me when I returned to Rift.
    Yoooo hoooo RunninCrew! Where my RunninCrew at?! My Guild Site & Logo created by me http://runnincrew.guildlaunch.com/

I got better things to do. Like i can get an education.
    There you go...fixed it for ya!

What a joke You allow the name Miscarriage (death of a child my wife lost 2 and i know a few more ladies in the game are offend by the

Name you allow) and the word **** My wife before meeting me was ***** ( that is offensive to many lady gamers Yet you allow the

words to be used and not one of these are filtered by your dumb *** ****ing "code of trash". YOU dumb Fools At trionworlds Violate

the Gaming world. Your code of Joke is just that a joke. YOu need to rethink your ****ing " Code of Conduct TRASH ". I never called

someone Gay which mean Happy, and Never called someone Queer which mean weird. and you didn't see people were saying I was

molested by the Catholic church by a Priest. So you and your Child molesting . i know a few that were molested as a child my wife was

more. Volation do you really think i am scared?? I am Not I am going to make a petition going to MAKE you With Force change you trash

of a game." Code of trash" and the normal
    response from you is put them on ignore. Is that another joke from you at Transexualworlds? you better rethink your trash and the

trash you allow on you crap of a game. you trashy players. You allow so much and that is not filtered you it is you the Violates your

players. EAGames is looking mighty good they have never had a problem with a Code of Conduct and I have never seen ANY trash in

chat like You and Blizzard.
    You are a Joke of and a Volation to your players.
    What a joke You allow the name Miscarriage (death of a child my wife lost 2 and i know a few more ladies in the game are offend by the

Name you allow) and the word **** My wife before meeting me was ***** ( that is offensive to many lady gamers Yet you allow the

words to be used and not one of these are filtered by your dumb *** ****ing "code of trash". YOU dumb Fools At trionworlds Violate

the Gaming world. Your code of Joke is just that a joke. YOu need to rethink your ****ing " Code of Conduct TRASH ". I never called

someone Gay which mean Happy, and Never called someone Queer which mean weird. and you didn't see people were saying I was

molested by the Catholic church by a Priest. So you and your Child molesting . i know a few that were molested as a child my wife was

more. Volation do you really think i am scared?? I am Not I am going to make a petition going to MAKE you With Force change you trash

of a game." Code of trash" and the normal
    response from you is put them on ignore. Is that another joke from you at Transexualworlds? you better rethink your trash and the

trash you allow on you crap of a game. you trashy players. You allow so much and that is not filtered you it is you the Violates your

players. EAGames is looking mighty good they have never had a problem with a Code of Conduct and I have never seen ANY trash in

chat like You and Blizzard.
    This is making me laugh so I'll let you continue. You seriously think I care? Answer is NO. you made the trash Code you decide to allow

trashy words like a character name "miscarriage" you allow the word "****" in you game. You Allow players to call your players to say I

was molested as a child by a Catholic Priest. you allow other to say "gay" in chat.Yet you do nothing. i say it and you ban me. GM eat

you gay *** and get aids i don't care. I will make a Patition and get all to sign and I hope to close you trashy game doors. MMO Massive

mistake Online Trashy game from TransexWorlds gay games. ok gay means HAPPY, Queer mean WEIRD, and *** is a CIGARETTE in

England. **** is still **** in America and a Miscarriage is a death of a child my wife had 2 including my son. My wife before she met me

was Molested by her dad and age 7. my wife also before me was ***** by a guy at her job. YOU allow these words without a filter or

and just cause for someone being
    Banned from you trashy game. Is this the type of Clientele you want in you game OH, Wait you allow the words so that would be you

**** up not mine. Yes , I am mad you allow trash and I push it to the limit. I did this to see what type of trash TrionTrash really is. RIFT

= Rest In ****ing Trash.
    this is making me laugh. Appeal my ***.
    Your trashy game causes me to Sin and think Sinful thoughts. If you hand Causes you to Sin cut it off. if a group of people Cause a

person to Sin Cut it off. So, your trash game causes me to Sin and think about Sinning You are cut off. take my money I don't want to

Sin I don't want you trashy code of conduct that only does some any good. I made it to level 60 on my mage and so who cares i beat the

game. funny thing Your game when you start a guild has Catholic name for ranks until a player (guild master / owner) changes them.

your game Not only causes Sin But promotes it. Me and my wife will BUY and player other games from say EAGames or other

companies and NOT by TrashOnWorlds or Blizzard. I can also say the Heck with games where it is allowed to trash others, Harass

other, and chat with trash and Garbage mouth in a game. I got better things to do. Like i can read and learn
    the BIBLE , real History and Astronomy.

/tldr wut?
    CQ needs a enema.

Rift Disciple

Default on RP subject

Oh, and I don't have anything against RP, just wanted to make sure I wasn't expected to speak in antiquated English when talking to guildies.

Just as when any player picks up a game and pursues thier particular interest in it, RP can be really varied. It is a really common misconception that those into RP like to sit in a pub 24/7 drowning in "THEEs" and "THOUs." The truth is that while there are certainly some who stick to that format, most stick to what they find comfortable. What that means, is that some enjoy going out into the game environment and playing the game but talking in character. Personally, I never use that "antiquated English" myself. Most RPers actually just try to stick to the relevant language of the world they are playing in. So whatever you hear most NPCs saying, is likely to be what people are RPing. The point for them is just getting into the game and playing around with that world as much as possible. Some actually write really in depth story lines that piggy back on the existing lore.

I suppose what I am trying to say here is that while it may seem like a foreign concept to some how players could be interested in RP, it really isn't any different than someone being an avid achievement hunter or even a PVP enthusiast. There are players who can raid and pvp as well as RP too, just as there are some who could care less about RP but still have no interest in either Raiding or PVP.

If interested in RP, or even remotely curious as to what it actually is about, there are player built guides to it and Faeblight is even fortunate enough to have a community site that caters to the RP community. http://www.faeblightunited.com/
    Kaipa/Zeasphon/Pasius of http://www.philanthropy-community.com/
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.--Ayn Rand

The only suggestions I'd add is to get started on your hunt rifts early and do the torvard hunter quests as much as you can.

They give good experience and are fun to me at least haha.

Umm other than that, I'd focus on notoriety while lvling up more than experience, just take it slow and do all the story and such quests and knock out your profession related carnages.

Remember you can forage boglings and treants!!!!
    Valenntine@Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Awsome thread ty.
    As a returning player this kind of posts are the best

As a Euro it made me curious enough to leave me old chars behind and reroll on your server .
    I must say i am not only enjoying the game but also the most of the people on your server are nice
    Last edited by bloodlust; 03-10-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Good Stuff!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast