+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New player who just hit 50

Soulwalker

Default New player who just hit 50

Hi all,

I'm a new player and i recently hit level 50 purely by questing. I was wondering, what's next? I tried to go to storm legion content cape jule but the mobs were too strong for me (im a rogue btw).

Can anyone advise me on where I should continue playing? Like is there any place for me to continue questing?

Btw im at gmt+8 deepwood looking for guild too.

Thanks

Rift Chaser

I'd suggest persevering in Cape Jule. The rewards from the first few storyline quests will boost your gear dramatically and you'll soon be breezing through the content.

Also try normal expert dungeons and make sure you have runes on all your gear (good level 50 runes should be cheap now).

Shadowlander

Stick it out in Cape Jule/Pelladane.

I went there at lv48 and headed straight for Pelladene. I did find the mobs tough to kill, and was having to drink after every kill. Perseverance paid off and I soon build a set up of Storm Legion greens. Problem in my case was there is a restriction of lv50 on them.

For you, you won't have a problem after the first hour of perseverence in Pelladane/Jule because you will be gearing as you go.

What sort of spec are you using? I'd suggest something like 51 sin/8 RS/7 Tact with Leeching and Enfeebling Poison.

Leveling with a pure DPS spec isn't as viable in Storm Legion. Having a soloing spec that's survivable is very important.

From my own experiences, I've noticed this is where most people make a mistake when transitioning into Storm Legion.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    What sort of spec are you using? I'd suggest something like 51 sin/8 RS/7 Tact with Leeching and Enfeebling Poison.

Leveling with a pure DPS spec isn't as viable in Storm Legion. Having a soloing spec that's survivable is very important.

From my own experiences, I've noticed this is where most people make a mistake when transitioning into Storm Legion.
    This

I made this mistake by leveling from 48-57 by using a deep MM spec. After trying out a tacts/MM/RS spec last night (Martian) it makes me wonder how I even made it this far.Instead of pulling individually as was the case with MM, I can now just run in and AOE 3-5 mobs speeding up rampages immensely.

I can link you this spec if you want, though its probably in the Rogue guides section somewhere.

Rift Master

Try this build. Zero or little down time and you kill quickly http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Konji View Post
    Try this build. Zero or little down time and you kill quickly http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-spec.html
    I started using this spec at 46 and was able to go into Cape Jule at 48 and found it to be quite easy, really, especially as I started getting the gear rewards from the quests that's so much better than anything you can get in "the old world." They're wearable as you get them, so I was more or less already "fully SL geared" before I even hit level 50.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pkudude View Post
    I started using this spec at 46 and was able to go into Cape Jule at 48 and found it to be quite easy, really, especially as I started getting the gear rewards from the quests that's so much better than anything you can get in "the old world." They're wearable as you get them, so I was more or less already "fully SL geared" before I even hit level 50.
    This is not really true and depends more on what you did in the old world. If you have the raid gear from ID you will go far with that not having to change until your half way through SL. But yeah if you just level up to 50 without really getting much good gear, then i am guessing the upgrade will be huge when you switch to SL.

As most already pointed out, you will probably have to change spec and go with a grind spec that provide some sort of self heal or really high dps so mobs goes down before you do.

Check the guides for your class in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by leaa View Post
    This is not really true and depends more on what you did in the old world. If you have the raid gear from ID you will go far with that not having to change until your half way through SL. But yeah if you just level up to 50 without really getting much good gear, then i am guessing the upgrade will be huge when you switch to SL.

As most already pointed out, you will probably have to change spec and go with a grind spec that provide some sort of self heal or really high dps so mobs goes down before you do.

Check the guides for your class in the forum.
    This is absolutely true. I went to Cape Jule at level 48 as soon as the teleporters in IPP unlocked. I was wearing the level 41 and 44 crafted greens for my armor and jewelry, 2 blue weapons drops from Fall of Lantern Hook and I was just fine. You do not need dungeon or raid gear to go, you need a good build, and that "Granpa's" build is VERY good. Kill times for the SL mobs were about 15 seconds as I was starting out and as I got the gear upgrades in the new areas the kill time dropped to about 8-10 seconds. It self-heals from both the Curative Engine in Tactician and also the Heal-over-Time you get after making a kill from the Riftstalker. It works very well regardless of the gear.
    Last edited by pkudude; 01-08-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Shadowlander

This is absolutely true. I went to Cape Jule at level 48 as soon as the teleporters in IPP unlocked. I was wearing the level 41 and 44 crafted greens for my armor and jewelry, 2 blue weapons drops from Fall of Lantern Hook and I was just fine. You do not need dungeon or raid gear to go, you need a good build, and that "Granpa's" build is VERY good. Kill times for the SL mobs were about 15 seconds as I was starting out and as I got the gear upgrades in the new areas the kill time dropped to about 8-10 seconds. It self-heals from both the Curative Engine in Tactician and also the Heal-over-Time you get after making a kill from the Riftstalker. It works very well regardless of the gear.
    I wouldn't say the build is all that vital either. It helps, but isn't vital. What will get you through 48-50 (when you can equip the starter greens) is sheer determination and great deal of perseverance. Once you hit 50 you'll have a good number of greens and it will get easier and easier.

As a new 50 I definitely recommend doing the Chronicle: Ceremony of Attunement quest. And actually, I would do the other 3 chronicles as well. Though originally made for a duo of 50s, system changes have made soloing the elite creatures in them do-able, with some care. You'll get a bunch of free stuff and that'll help you move on. Storm Legion will throw full sets of vastly more powerful gear at you quickly but if you're far behind the Chronicles can be a good stepping stone. By the way, the level 45 "Transplanar" gear sold in Stillmoore, Iron Pine Peak, and the 42 stuff in Shimmersand is decent gear for a new 50. If your gear is not pretty close to that at minimum, I would see it as a problem.

Soulwalker

Default Thanks all

Wow thanks to everyone who replied. I wasn't expecting so many replies.
    I'll try to purchase a new role since i was a pure dps rogue, and persevere through the new content.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Overthrown View Post
    I wouldn't say the build is all that vital either. It helps, but isn't vital. What will get you through 48-50 (when you can equip the starter greens) is sheer determination and great deal of perseverance. Once you hit 50 you'll have a good number of greens and it will get easier and easier.
    But you see.... with this build, Cape Jule (including those giant grab-centaur elite things) was *easy* at level 48 while wearing outdated green gear from the low 40's, and due to the quests in SL giving about 10x the xp that the quests did on "the old world" the total time played to get from 48 to 50 was *maybe* 3 hours at the outside, so there was no "determination" or "perseverance" required. Add in that the SL quest gear you get is wearable at 48, not 50 like you're saying, and well.. there ya go.

I'm not trying to troll you, but just because you had a hard time, doesn't mean everyone else did.

Soulwalker

But you see.... with this build, Cape Jule (including those giant grab-centaur elite things) was *easy* at level 48 while wearing outdated green gear from the low 40's, and due to the quests in SL giving about 10x the xp that the quests did on "the old world" the total time played to get from 48 to 50 was *maybe* 3 hours at the outside, so there was no "determination" or "perseverance" required. Add in that the SL quest gear you get is wearable at 48, not 50 like you're saying, and well.. there ya go.

I'm not trying to troll you, but just because you had a hard time, doesn't mean everyone else did.
    I'm playing as a cleric and I've got a super surviveable druid spec that I could pull 5 +mobs with in old world and survive just fine. The most I could pull in cape jule before any gear upgrades was 3 so there was a signifigant increase in difficulty. For kicks I tried my inquisitor dps spec and died to a single mob. I can kill multiple mobs at a time in that spec in old world without a problem. Just because you're SAYING you had no trouble at 48 with dated greens... doesn't make it true. And unless there was a patch... the greens I got require lvl 50 to use.
    Not trying to call you a lier. I think its just spec dependant. If you're speced properly it will just take longer to kill the mobs but its still not hard. Get slightly tanky with a form of self heal and some decent dps and you're all set!
    Into glory ride!

+ Reply to Thread