+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie from Brooklyn, NY!

Default Newbie from Brooklyn, NY!

Hiya! I just purchased Rift and Rift: Storm Legion a few days ago but haven't been able to get in-game because I didn't have a game time card so I couldn't redeem the retail codes located in the instruction manuals. Now I have spent 3 days looking for a Rift 60 Day game time card and whenever I actually found one at Gamestop, they were unable to scan it because it wouldn't register in their systems and therefore it couldn't be sold to me. Today I actually went to another Gamestop and they told me something that none of the other stores told me, which was this: "We no longer sell physical copies of Rift Game time cards". So I was about to just freak out because now I have a game that can't even be played. But then he said that the other Gamestop stores I went to should have told me this and they didn't so I guess they didn't get the memo or something. So what the guy was able to do was print out a 60 day game time code on a receipt for me and charge me the regular price for it as if I was buying a physical card which is $29.99. Wonder why they don't sell the cards anymore? So after the great hunt for a game time card, I redeemed my game time code and retail codes for Rift and Rift: Storm Legion so I'm a happy camper now. I'm even more happy that I can finally post in the Forums! I've been trying to make posts for a while, but I guess I couldn't do that if I'm on the Rift Lite trial. Once everything is done patching and stuff I'll be in-game in no time so I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in the world of Rift ^_^

I noticed when buying a giftcard for the steam store in Gamestop Denmark, that the code is printed out on the receipt there too. I think it perhaps is a new system they're implementing to limit the amount of cards they need in the store?
    Gamestop being Gamestop, I'd expect them to be slow and daft with just about anything. Good to hear that you're in now, however!

Non-subbed accounts can't post to the forums as far as I am aware, due to the heavy amounts of flaming and hating that arose when such was allowed - not because they'd want to censor people, but it was literally flooding the boards with people and opinions that did not compare to facts or anything (A lot of people seem to think that you can forever judge an MMO based on the first month, regardless of how many changes happened since etc..)

Welcome to Telara and have fun!

Thanks Talila! I bumped into a problem with the game. Since my laptop has no disc slot, I had to install everything on mom's PC, then copy and paste everything onto my portable hard drive and its gonna take about 4 hours for everything to paste itself into my laptop so I'm gonna be waiting for a while. But I do have a question: I redeemed the codes for Rift and Rift: Storm Legion, but on my Account page on the website, it still says I'm on Rift Lite. Any way to fix that??
    Last edited by InstantWaltz; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by InstantWaltz View Post
    Thanks Talila! I bumped into a problem with the game. Since my laptop has no disc slot, I had to install everything on mom's PC, then copy and paste everything onto my portable hard drive and its gonna take about 4 hours for everything to paste itself into my laptop so I'm gonna be waiting for a while. But I do have a question: I redeemed the codes for Rift and Rift: Storm Legion, but on my Account page on the website, it still says I'm on Rift Lite. Any way to fix that??
    My account says that as well but I have full access. You should be fine unless it limits you like Rift Lite...
    Faeblight Shard:
    Arendise
    Realm Reborn Character (If you're curious)
    Aure Isant

+ Reply to Thread