+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello out there

Soulwalker

Default Hello out there

Hi everybody a friend talked me into getting the game and now am looking to find out what class would be the best for me...I love to move around and get into things ( I don't like to sit around lol ) a class that can do some nice damage and heal if needed, pvp & pve..A class that's easy to play for now but can get hard as I get to know it. need for info ( thank you for your help and time )

If getting around is what you want Rogue might be for you. It has several souls you may find of interest. Riftstalker alllows you to have multiple ports to your target, marskman provides a speed buff on a short sooldown. Also if you want to travel in secret it provides assassin with a stealth ability. Rogue also offers healing as an option through Bard or tactician. It is however more focused on group healing rather than direct MT healing. Skilled rogues can excel in both PVP and PVE.

If rogue does not interest you then I would suggest mage as it is a high DPS class that also offers healing via chloromancer.

Sounds like you want a rogue, but perhaps a cleric or mage.

Rogues can't heal tanks, but they can do "raid healing" (A term used to describe healing a group) just fine. They have a very mobile ranged DPS spec in the Marksman soul. They can do melee DPS and tank as well. Their tanking soul, the Riftstalker, is based around teleportation. If you like moving around then it's definitely for you. They can also provide "support", which is a term for providing raid-wide buffs as well as debuffing enemies. Basically, you make your allies stronger and your enemies weaker.

Clerics can tank heal, raid heal, DPS (melee or ranged), or tank. Their healing is the most versatile of any class, but their DPS options are more limited and less mobile due to cast time requirements. They cannot fill the support role.

Mages can tank heal, raid heal, DPS (melee or ranged), or provide support. Their ranged DPS options are the most varied of any class, and they have a single healing soul in the Chloromancer that can either tank or raid heal as needed. They are also not very mobile due to cast times, but the Warlock soul is mostly based around instant-cast abilities.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy Rifting!
    Last edited by Crithappens; 11-27-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swordinstone View Post
    If getting around is what you want Rogue might be for you. It has several souls you may find of interest. Riftstalker alllows you to have multiple ports to your target, marskman provides a speed buff on a short sooldown. Also if you want to travel in secret it provides assassin with a stealth ability. Rogue also offers healing as an option through Bard or tactician. It is however more focused on group healing rather than direct MT healing. Skilled rogues can excel in both PVP and PVE.

If rogue does not interest you then I would suggest mage as it is a high DPS class that also offers healing via chloromancer.
    Great thank you for your help and info...

Plane Touched

Cleric druids also have teleports, and abilities to teleport mobs directly to you. Plus all the healing, etc. mentioned above. Rogues aren't the only teleporters anymore!
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Sounds like you want a rogue, but perhaps a cleric or mage.

Rogues can't heal tanks, but they can do "raid healing" (A term used to describe healing a group) just fine. They have a very mobile ranged DPS spec in the Marksman soul. They can do melee DPS and tank as well. Their tanking soul, the Riftstalker, is based around teleportation. If you like moving around then it's definitely for you. They can also provide "support", which is a term for providing raid-wide buffs as well as debuffing enemies. Basically, you make your allies stronger and your enemies weaker.

Clerics can tank heal, raid heal, DPS (melee or ranged), or tank. Their healing is the most versatile of any class, but their DPS options are more limited and less mobile due to cast time requirements. They cannot fill the support role.

Mages can tank heal, raid heal, DPS (melee or ranged), or provide support. Their ranged DPS options are the most varied of any class, and they have a single healing soul in the Chloromancer that can either tank or raid heal as needed. They are also not very mobile due to cast times, but the Warlock soul is mostly based around instant-cast abilities.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy Rifting!
    Well I guess ill be going with a rogue ( they sound fun to play ) and thank you very much for you info and help..

Plane Touched

Good luck and welcome to the game.
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Welcome to Telara

+ Reply to Thread