+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class Similiar to WoW Holy Pala

Soulwalker

Default Class Similiar to WoW Holy Pala

Cleric.. but which trees? is there any default calling purpose that acts like a paladin? I don't mean hots, I mean massive heals with good defense, some AoE... someone who played holy pala, especially in cata will understand, thanks!

The closest thing you've got is the sentinel, but even then that's more like playing a holy priest than a holy paladin, in my opinion.

Sentinel is kind of like a holy priest
    Purifier is kind of like a discipline priest
    Warden is kind of like a restoration druid
    Chloromancer (for the Mage) does not have a WoW counterpart in the slightest.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 11-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

snice I'm new can u recommend me some calling purpose ? finished tree is a good for me, like flame keeper? (sentinel + purifier), also what weapons are they using? I somply wanna something with onehand + shield, some shieldz and massive heals, not HoTs, so yea something like shaman/priest/paladin for healing

Ascendant

Sounds like you want a Justicar hybrid of some sort.

As for weapons, you do NOT use a shield. Shields do not get the massive spell power bonuses that totems (In WoW these were the "held in off hand" items) or staves do. Cleric shields are ONLY for Justicar tanking.

As for a spec, the purposes are OK but they aren't ideal. The most ideal way to do it is to set your soul points yourself.

For a pure tank healer that isn't a purifier:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...usRk..Vx0x.-10

Note that this is saying there are only 57 points spent in Sentinel. It should be 61. "Swift Plea" (Just below the very top of the tree) is actually a 5-point talent.

This build has a LOT of cooldowns, and alternately you can take a point out of the Purifier's "Searing Heat" to additionally gain the cooldown "Flashover" (forces your next heal to critically hit).

You said you didn't want anything with a lot of shields or HoTs. Well in this build you've got one of each.

The purifier's "Symbol of the Torch" is an instant-cast absorption shield.
    The warden's "Healing Spray" is an instant-cast HoT.

Besides those your main spell will be "Healing Invocation", which is a casted direct heal. (2.5s base cast time, can be reduced to 2s through talents)

If you want something a little more suited for dungeons, try taking 15 Warden as a subspec instead of Purifier. This gives you "Healing Flood", an AoE HoT, and "Healing Cataract", a casted AoE heal that is both more powerful than the Sentinel's "Healing Communion" and hits 10 targets instead of 5.

Hope this helps and happy Rifting!
    Last edited by Crithappens; 11-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread