+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to Rift

Soulwalker

Default Returning to Rift

Hello all,

With the open beta, I am giving the new expansion a nice try and am pretty happy with it. I played Rift about a year ago, up through the beginning of the Planar Attunement stuff. However, our shard died (Estrael) with the onset of Skyrim and I fell out of playing the game. I would like to return. I have very happy memories of Rift and even met my now-fiancee playing this game.

My question is: Where do I go? I originally moved my characters to Faeblight, but I honestly don't know what servers retained the community that I loved on this game. I play mostly Defiant, if it helps. I would like to find a nice, homey community that I can get back into and enjoy this game once more (and hopefully convince my fiancee to do so as well, we loved chronicles!).

Thank you for your time!

Telaran

Hey hey welcome back! I just came back too and its been a blast.

Anyway, I would have to say Faeblight is a great server, and since you are there anyway there would be no need to move.

One of the things that I noticed is that server transfers to certain servers ( Faeblight is one of them ) have been closed. So if you have another toon on another server that you want to move to Faeblight you cant.
    Unless you submit a ticket and a GM will do it for you, but only once.

Secondly, Guardians and Defiants can now group together, be in the same guilds together etc. Except you cant go to either factions cities.

I hope this info helps, and once again Welcome back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome back to the game With Storm Legion (SL) right around the corner there will be even more tons of stuff to do. Wolfsbane is a pretty busy server, as is Faeblight. Communities I have come across are nice...you always will have those special type of folks in 50's chat but thats a given. Just enjoy your time in the game and definitely get your fiancee to play again too
    Seltara ~ Defiant

I find Faeblight to be one of the nicest and friendliest shards in any MMO I've ever played (Level 50 chat not included... that's a cesspool, though it's nice the trolls all play there and leave others alone). I play Guardian, but I have made great Defiant friends as well. What you want in a guild will probably determine what kind of home you'll enjoy. Go to the Faeblight forums and ask around. Or if you see one of my characters in game, ask me about

"Order of the Recokoning". They're a great casual group, though PVPers and progression Raiders might find it heck on Telara.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Soulwalker

Thank you all for the advice. I'll pop over to Faeblight's forums and see what I can find.

(also, yay for cross-faction guilds! I remember we kind of did it anyways back in the day. :P)

Welcome back ;) Shatterbone awaits your return
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

+ Reply to Thread