+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilex011

Thread: Coming Back never really played it properly :)

Soulwalker

Default Coming Back never really played it properly :)

I have loved the idea of RIFT but could never quite get into it like I did with another MMO which I wont mention;). I Always liked the idea of tanking and was wondering if that's a justified way of leveling? Also is there a specific spec I should do or copy. Thanks in Advance

Shadowlander

Hey, I warmly welcome you back

Tanking is, most definitely, a valid way to level up, as tanks have the shortest (as in, instant) dungeon queues. Of all four callings the Mage is the only one that can't tank. Be warned though: tanking is a bit harder in this game than in that aforementioned non-mentioned game (I suppose we are talking about WoW): bosses may have, even in regular dungeons and while leveling, some elementary mechanics that you as a tank should be aware of. Just ask other people in your group if there's anything you should know before pulling.

Hope you enjoy your time with us

which calling? And how do you want to level up? Questing, Dungeons, Instant Adventures, Rifting?

Ascendant

Welcome (back) - currently we're all 'new' again with the soul changes that were implemented recently, and as of November 13th all will change again

Tanking, as said before, in itself is a good way, but there's a lot more to Rift ... it all depends on your tastes and likes ... and as the poster before me: what class (it does make a difference - still)

Soulwalker

thank you for your replies, they are most appreciated. In regard to Class I have read that there are ten's of ways to "spec" a tank i'am honestly unsure as to anything anymore. the comment about how the expansion will change things again makes me think is it viable to wait for that? of plough on and worry about that after? In regard to leveling it would most likely be through questing and the odd dungeon to break up the monotony :P
    Last edited by Spad; 10-31-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Welcome back! And yeah, mages can't tank, but in our minds, we tank, ohhh do we tank!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

find a shield and follow the trion suggested talent tree for tanking...as you learn the game you will want to change it later but it's good for leveling now.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    find a shield and follow the trion suggested talent tree for tanking...as you learn the game you will want to change it later but it's good for leveling now.
    And tell that you're a new tank if you decide to join an instance for the first time. 99% of the cases you get tips and guidance, only in the rare cases you have a malicious person in the group who will ruin your day.

+ Reply to Thread