+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Phelim on the Moor

Thread: Barriers for returning players

Default Barriers for returning players

I still had a sub while I was gone for a few months. So I have six specs to redo on each toon. That's cool... I get to see and learn the changes. What's not cool is paying 4.5p per spec to train these new spells. Shouldn't I get credit for the plat I spent on the now-obsolete spells? Upwards of 30-ish plat in training fees per toon when I spent all my previous money on shinies... ugh... just to break even...

Also, what was up with the "Leveled Up" animation when I first logged on to each toon? 50 /= 50?

Rift Master

1) While that would be nice, the truth is that 4.5p represents only a small amount of work (2 hours running dungeons, far less if crafting). And there needs to be a way to remove platinum from the game (i.e water purchases, crafting materials, healers, trainers, etc.) to prevent hyper-inflation from happening
    2) The leveled-up icon is from your PA. Now that PA is account bound, each of your toons gained the PA from the other. You'll also find that when you get a new PA level on one toon, when you log into the other, the level-ed up animation will play again.

I suggest you only train up 1 spec at a time as you have to figure out the new changes.

Not a big deal, it's all super cheap. Just play for a day or two and you'll have more then enough. Run few dungeons & quest. Looking for group tool works fantastic.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Also, what was up with the "Leveled Up" animation when I first logged on to each toon? 50 /= 50?
    You gained planar attunement levels because that's now account-bound.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

I still had a sub while I was gone for a few months. So I have six specs to redo on each toon. That's cool... I get to see and learn the changes. What's not cool is paying 4.5p per spec to train these new spells. Shouldn't I get credit for the plat I spent on the now-obsolete spells? Upwards of 30-ish plat in training fees per toon when I spent all my previous money on shinies... ugh... just to break even...

30 plat lol. What server are you on and I'll happily give you it?
    Bisqquit | R53

Quote Originally Posted by TheLithium View Post
    30 plat lol. What server are you on and I'll happily give you it?
    Sweet. I have seven 50s. Seven times 30 is (counts fingers). It's mildly entertaining that I trained every spec fully before I went awol so that I'd never have to pay for training again. A level increase certainly changes that, but I'm not looking forward to grinding just to break even. With any luck I can quit whining and buy something with infernal or hk marks and sell it on the ah.

Seven lvl 50s?! That's crazy!! How do you have so many? Do you get bored easy? I've been playing since launch and I have....1 50. But maybe I'm just odd that way. I always find so much to do on my 1 50, I just can't find the time to even lvl another one, let alone play and give it attention.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Ascendant

Sweet. I have seven 50s. Seven times 30 is (counts fingers). It's mildly entertaining that I trained every spec fully before I went awol so that I'd never have to pay for training again. A level increase certainly changes that, but I'm not looking forward to grinding just to break even. With any luck I can quit whining and buy something with infernal or hk marks and sell it on the ah.
    most people have 1000+ platin, many 10.000+ platin.

i myself recently spent over 2000 platin just buying artefacts ^^
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-03-2012 at 12:46 PM.

I make 50-100 plat a day not trying. In other words.. just selling stuff to vendors and the occasional item on the AH. I never understand why folks act like paying plat to train or whatnot is a big deal cause its a lot of money. This game is so easy to earn money in compared to many others. WoW was easier, but this is way easier then Warhammer or EQ was.

Just wanted to point out that not everyone who plays this game has hoards of platinum, nor does everyone know how to make oodles of platinum in a few minutes like so many of you seem to do.

For some of us, the respecs were costly, and we don't have surefire ways to make tons more. Glad that y'all do, but it's kinda egocentric to assume everyone else is the same as you.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Just wanted to point out that not everyone who plays this game has hoards of platinum, nor does everyone know how to make oodles of platinum in a few minutes like so many of you seem to do.

For some of us, the respecs were costly, and we don't have surefire ways to make tons more. Glad that y'all do, but it's kinda egocentric to assume everyone else is the same as you.
    I dont think we are ignorant to the fact that some make more money then others or play more then others, but you have to keep in mind that simply selling the everyday stuff you pick up from kills makes you significant money. It is astounding how many people just leave trash on corpses because they are worried about bag space instead of picking it up to vendor it and just making more frequent trips to sell stuff and empty your bags.

The amount of plat you can make by simply selling trash drops, and the occasional artifact or item on the AH (all gotten while just moving through the world normally) is significant. I had more money when i hit 50 then most in my guild at the time because i picked up and sold EVERYTHING.

This is why folks suggest dungeon runs. Not only do mobs drop more money, but there is still trash drops, and if you win boss loot thats rotting, it often sells for a ton.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post

making plat is part of the game as killing mobs or doing quests or raid or whatever. its like saying "oh i dont raid, where are my t5 shinies?"
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Yeah if anything it's a reminder how the forums reply to the topic versus reading the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Seven lvl 50s?! That's crazy!! How do you have so many? Do you get bored easy? I've been playing since launch and I have....1 50. But maybe I'm just odd that way. I always find so much to do on my 1 50, I just can't find the time to even lvl another one, let alone play and give it attention.
    Shoot I have 4 50s as well. Granted only one is geared to the teeth and gets more attention by all the world events and achievements. My others are back up to fill in a spot for raids that I am locked on main and want to help out lower raid members.

+ Reply to Thread