+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Phelim on the Moor
  • 1 Post By Telnedra

Thread: Hiya folks

Rift Disciple

Default Hiya folks

Just picked up Rift. Thought I'd pop by and stare at the forums while I download the game. Having a crisis of Guardians vs Defiants. So far it's a tie between the Dwarves and the Kelari. Spent the last day or so watching a ton of videos, streams and reviews and I'm pretty excited. This game looks awesome.

It is indeed awesome. Just wanted to say Defiant suck!!!! Sick burn!

Default Welcome

Welcome to Rift, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

As far as Defiant vs. Guardian, it's kinda hard to say which is better. One thing I noticed, for me, was that I had a LOT more lag in the Defiant capital (Meridian) than I did in the Guardian capital (Sanctum). Not sure why, and don't know if it was just for me.

I also found the porticulum (teleportation portal) in the Guardian starting zone (Silverwood) at Argent Glade to be considerably more convenient than the Defiant one (Freemarch) at Knight's Stand. That was the dealbreaker for me when it came to leveling my characters as Guardians.

Just my two cents, and I hope you have fun in Telara.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Domremy View Post
    Just picked up Rift. Thought I'd pop by and stare at the forums while I download the game. Having a crisis of Guardians vs Defiants. So far it's a tie between the Dwarves and the Kelari. Spent the last day or so watching a ton of videos, streams and reviews and I'm pretty excited. This game looks awesome.
    You're thinking of rolling a dwarf? Why?

Luckily on Greybriar we've reached our limitation of them, so.. if you're on Greybriar you best be rolling a Kelari.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You're thinking of rolling a dwarf? Why?
    Because beard.

Either way I ended up rolling a Kelari on Threesprings. And now I'm going to bed way later than I should because this game is awesome so far.

Dwarves rox!

I will always play a dwarf when I can!

Welcome to the game btw! I hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Kelari ftw! Welcome to the game, and enjoy the ride on up the levels. There is a lot to do and definitely get into the dungeons soon as you can they can be fun
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Telnedra View Post
    Kelari ftw! Welcome to the game, and enjoy the ride on up the levels. There is a lot to do and definitely get into the dungeons soon as you can they can be fun

I'm nearly level 30. Got sucked into the city event thing last night for like...two hours. One more boss until I have that achievement for killing all five. Sadly though, it leveled me up a little further than I anticipated, so most of my quests are a smidge outdated. Oh well. The game is awesome so far. Playing a uhhh...Cleric...of some kind? Lots of DoTs. Can't remember the name. Considering trying out a Bard or maybe the Support Warrior. Not sure. Thoughts?

Bard post 1.11 is really super awesome.

But remember! Play the class not the role! check all the DPS/healing support specs, cause classes are really versatile!

+ Reply to Thread