+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chomag

Thread: Online status

Soulwalker

Default Online status

Hi
    One of my friends invited me to this game long time ago, consequently he shows up in friends list in every new character that I do. I have returned to the game from some time of absence and I can now see that my (automatically added) friend is connected as "mobile". I do not find this amusing. Is there some way to block my online presence? If I remove him as friend, will he still see me?

It sounds to me like you are just misunderstanding how this works.

All it means is that he either has, or at some point had, the Rift mobile app that allowed him to chat in-game.

As added point, don't add people that you are not friends with to your friends lists.
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 10-23-2012 at 06:53 AM.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

Just a note - when you add someone to your own friends' list, the friend does not know and has no way to find out unless you tell them yourself. Only if you delete them would you stop being able to see when they are online. It works the same way for you. Anyone out there playing the game can add you to their list and track your presence in the game, through server transfers and through name changes, too.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Soulwalker

Thanks for reply but I think that you do not understand what I mean. My friend sent me an invitation to try out Rift, a trial that ended up in me buying the game. The game keeps track on that we are friends somehow and AUTOMATICALLY adds all his chars to my friends list and all my chars to his friends list.
    Therein lies the problem, I can not create a new char without AUTOMATICALLY being added to his list.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by rhino94 View Post
    Thanks for reply but I think that you do not understand what I mean. My friend sent me an invitation to try out Rift, a trial that ended up in me buying the game. The game keeps track on that we are friends somehow and AUTOMATICALLY adds all his chars to my friends list and all my chars to his friends list.
    Therein lies the problem, I can not create a new char without AUTOMATICALLY being added to his list.
    It's a good thing you guys are such good friends then

I was just making a point for others who read this thread. However, in order to disassociate your account from his, you would have to talk to customer service and see. I still don't know if they would change that connection since his rewards depend on the friends that he has gotten into Rift. You can try.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

The whole point of refer-a-friend, which it sounds like he used, is so friends can play with each-other and keep track of each-other. Why is it a problem that your friend shows up on all your friends lists automatically? it saves you the time of typing it out.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Looks like another case of online "I'm friends with someone but I don't want anything to do with them". Pretty normal these days, especially for websites like Facebook.

Soulwalker

It is very strange with all of the opinions regarding the purpose of me do not want to be automatically added to a friends list, yet you have no idea what is the reason for my investigation regarding this issue but still you make comments.
    I thought this forum and especially the newcomer thread was made for people to ask questions without the risk of being treated like an idiot

Then explain yourself better instead of trying to act victimized.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread