+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shard questions

Champion

Default Shard questions

So im giving the game another go, haven't played since...maybe may 2011? Anyway the game is harassing me to transfer my character to another server, and i see that all the pvp servers (whats left of them at least) are dead or low pop...not that open world pvp really existed before in any entertaining fashion.

So i guess im going to transfer to one of the 3 medium pop pve servers, one being RP.

Any suggestions, im guardian on the character ill be transferring. Hes a mage and a dwarf. Is it still very difficult to find raids as a guardian? Im assuming i wont be a GOS pyro anymore either...whats the current FOTM with mages?

Really im just here to ask what server i should transfer to..

Telaran

With the current changes in 1.10, it has opened up the chance for both factions to play as a team on PvE servers.

There are many raids going on, though being part of a guild that works together will be your best chance to get involved. Random groups often set unrealistic demands to enter, if you havn't been somewhere before.

I only know of Icewatch, it has been consistently active throughout with several guilds just moving here too.

Faction is no longer an issue on PVE Shards, which I would recommend if you plan on raiding more than wpvp. I went to Seastone Pre-1.10/GW2 and it was a ghost town, more so now with GW2 release.

Guilds and 50 chat are both Guard and Defiant now. You can pug into either sides raids.

I would recommend the follow PVE shards based on the populations.

Greybriar
    Deepwood
    Faeblight

Of course, added population also means ability lag and slow loads.

Hope this helps.

Wolfsbane is one of the more populated shards as well. It used to be the single most populated shard but that was before people started to disperse because they were angry about queues to log in.

If you want the absolute most populated shard, go with Faeblight. Sure it's an RP shard but to my knowledge that aren't any rules requiring you to be in-character at all times. A lot of the people there are just there for the population.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

RIFT Guide Writer

Greybriar is a good shard. Just stay away from Faeblight like the plague.

Rift Chaser

There is a reason certain players say to stay away from Faeblight one that I cannot post here because it violates Trions ToS concerning calling out particular players or guilds . . . . the shard is actually fairly friendly. Guardian side has more trolls however so prewarning on that.
    Even -Pax Illuminatus- Faeblight Shard
    Oddrit - Pax Illuminatus - Faeblight Shard

We, ah, are kind of overrun with people on Faeblight at the moment. That is is all I can say.

+ Reply to Thread