+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast MH/Slow OH weapons or does dps rule out?

Default Fast MH/Slow OH weapons or does dps rule out?

I was wondering, does the offhand weapon follow the speed of the main hand weapon or are they two separate entities that work independently, despite the character animation showing them swinging together?

It depends on your calling and the souls you choose. Usually dps wins out over stats or speed.

For rogues who count on poisons and such, daggers are the best weapon, definitely main hand. It seems that if a nice proportion of your damage comes from such, the faster weapon is better.

For warriors, dps on a weapon is king. Then you look at stats. Only for those using certain paragon abilities does the second weapon even count for anything other than a stat stick.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    For rogues who count on poisons and such, daggers are the best weapon, definitely main hand. It seems that if a nice proportion of your damage comes from such, the faster weapon is better.
    This is exactly what I needed. I should have said something about being a rogue, hehe. I had a slow, heavy hitting axe in MH and a dagger in Off. Switching now. Thanks a ton!

I do suggest that you check out the rogue section of the forums, though. There are some great and very comprehensive threads there.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread