+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: End game content

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default End game content

    Hi! I am looking at rift as my new home. Been playing wow for the past 5 years. I have a lvl 14 inquisitor and he is pretty cool. Now to my point.

    How is the end game content in Rift? I mean I hate the current end game content with WOW because it is so unforgiving... if you stand in the wrong spot and lag for 1 second you are pretty much dead. Is the endgame in rift the same? Also I like healing and will change specs at some point to heal, but is Rift so unforgiving as WOW? Hope someone can answer my questions.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalok View Post
    Hi! I am looking at rift as my new home. Been playing wow for the past 5 years. I have a lvl 14 inquisitor and he is pretty cool. Now to my point.

    How is the end game content in Rift? I mean I hate the current end game content with WOW because it is so unforgiving... if you stand in the wrong spot and lag for 1 second you are pretty much dead. Is the endgame in rift the same? Also I like healing and will change specs at some point to heal, but is Rift so unforgiving as WOW? Hope someone can answer my questions.

    Thank you!
    Rift's endgame progression goes along the following path:

    T1 Experts
    T2 Experts
    Expert Rifts
    Raid Rifts
    Guilded Prophecy/Drowned Halls
    Greenscale's Blight/River of Souls
    Hammerknell

    With a group of skilled raiders the beginning raids can be a good challenge, and Hammerknell is where things get a little crazy in terms of difficulty but by then you should be ready for it. Everything up to the raid rifts and the 10-mans (Guilded Prophecy and Drowned Halls) are puggable to a degree. The Greenscale and RoS raids less so unless guilds that have cleared them alot runs pugs on your server.

    Second thing you should know: if someone says "there's no endgame content" then they're either trolling, lieing, or both. Probably both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  3. #3
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Welcome to Rift.

    I got here from WoW after 5 years, too, lol.

    As a cleric, you can tank, heal, or dps. Rift's soul system is very different from WoW. That, and the rifts, raid rifts, etc., make it an interesting game.

    There are a lot of similarities with WoW - but I think the other things more than make up for it.

    As far as raiding goes, yeah, don't stand in the fire, etc., but that's nothing new.

    I started a new character yesterday, and this morning as level 10 I was closing rifts by myself, and also with other players, and questing, doing professions, etc. So, there's a lot of ways you can go during your playtime.

    There will be a grind later like WoW, but that's something you have to expect.

    Good luck.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    Welcome to Rift.

    I got here from WoW after 5 years, too, lol.

    As a cleric, you can tank, heal, or dps. Rift's soul system is very different from WoW. That, and the rifts, raid rifts, etc., make it an interesting game.

    There are a lot of similarities with WoW - but I think the other things more than make up for it.

    As far as raiding goes, yeah, don't stand in the fire, etc., but that's nothing new.

    I started a new character yesterday, and this morning as level 10 I was closing rifts by myself, and also with other players, and questing, doing professions, etc. So, there's a lot of ways you can go during your playtime.

    There will be a grind later like WoW, but that's something you have to expect.

    Good luck.
    Thank you! I do not mind the grind I welcome it because it lets me learn my class and the game. As for standing in the fire... well if you played Cata you may know what I mean...

    So far I really like the warfronts! they are the best...

  5. #5
    Ascendant JimboTCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    If you think "not standing in the purple crap" is unforgiving, you'll hate raiding in Rift. All but the most trivial bosses have multiple mechanics that you need to pay attention to and will completely screw up your entire group if one person drops the ball.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Vexille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalok View Post
    Hi! I am looking at rift as my new home. Been playing wow for the past 5 years. I have a lvl 14 inquisitor and he is pretty cool. Now to my point.

    How is the end game content in Rift? I mean I hate the current end game content with WOW because it is so unforgiving... if you stand in the wrong spot and lag for 1 second you are pretty much dead. Is the endgame in rift the same? Also I like healing and will change specs at some point to heal, but is Rift so unforgiving as WOW? Hope someone can answer my questions.

    Thank you!
    Rift is the easiest "adult" MMO currently on the market.

    1-50 is ridiculously fast.

    Endgame is modeled almost mirror image after WoW: quickie gerbil wheels for "casual" players: artifact collection, dailies, fake reputation, etc.

    Group required gerbil wheels mislabeled as "raids" (just like WoW).

    The primary difference right now is amount of content. Rift is very new and because 1-50 is so easy, people have burned through the end content at a blistering pace.

    If you like the WoW approach to content and endgame play, you'll probably like Rift.

    If you got bored with WoW, you'll be bored with Rift.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    Rift is the easiest "adult" MMO currently on the market.

    1-50 is ridiculously fast.

    Endgame is modeled almost mirror image after WoW: quickie gerbil wheels for "casual" players: artifact collection, dailies, fake reputation, etc.

    Group required gerbil wheels mislabeled as "raids" (just like WoW).

    The primary difference right now is amount of content. Rift is very new and because 1-50 is so easy, people have burned through the end content at a blistering pace.

    If you like the WoW approach to content and endgame play, you'll probably like Rift.

    If you got bored with WoW, you'll be bored with Rift.
    You've never even ran a single raid, have you? Or did you, but it was too hard to actually earn your gear instead of spending Justice Points on the top tier equipment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Vexille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    You've never even ran a single raid, have you? Or did you, but it was too hard to actually earn your gear instead of spending Justice Points on the top tier equipment?
    1. yes, I have raided - which is what drove home my conclusion that Rift = WoW.

    2. I don't bother with PvP, not since DAoC, since it's become nothing more than an ePeen fest in today's games.


    You sure like making lots of wild assumptions, don't you?

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    1. yes, I have raided - which is what drove home my conclusion that Rift = WoW.

    2. I don't bother with PvP, not since DAoC, since it's become nothing more than an ePeen fest in today's games.


    You sure like making lots of wild assumptions, don't you?
    You don't give me any more than canned, ad nauseum whining to work with so I don't have much to go on other than "she's a spoiled little WoWkid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Shioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post

    2. I don't bother with PvP, not since DAoC, since it's become nothing more than an ePeen fest in today's games.


    You sure like making lots of wild assumptions, don't you?
    ok...
    /10 chars
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.


  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Vexille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    You don't give me any more than canned, ad nauseum whining to work with so I don't have much to go on other than "she's a spoiled little WoWkid."
    How to spot an MMO fanbois...

    Favorite replies:

    A: Childish references to being an agent/employee/fanbois of another MMO

    B: Argues that you don't like their MMO because it's "too hard" and/or you're not "good enough".


    Congratulations, you hit both out of the park..

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    How to spot an MMO fanbois...

    Favorite replies:

    A: Childish references to being an agent/employee/fanbois of another MMO

    B: Argues that you don't like their MMO because it's "too hard" and/or you're not "good enough".


    Congratulations, you hit both out of the park..
    And the fact you say such all the time is irrelivant because...why? Or have you fotgotten most of your posts are nothing but complaining about casuals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara Shioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    And the fact you say such all the time is irrelivant because...why? Or have you fotgotten most of your posts are nothing but complaining about casuals?
    Actually to be fair vex's posts are amostly negative sure but they covber a wide range from rift, to s/w's and players, dungeons and MMo's in general.
    It is however hard to find a post that not negative, most are generalised or disguised enough that you cant actaully get a gist of the thought process, unless of course that is the thought process
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.


  14. #14
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shioc View Post
    Actually to be fair vex's posts are amostly negative sure but they covber a wide range from rift, to s/w's and players, dungeons and MMo's in general.
    It is however hard to find a post that not negative, most are generalised or disguised enough that you cant actaully get a gist of the thought process, unless of course that is the thought process
    They strike me as the words of someone who's very bitter and decided to lash out at the person (or game) who finally pushed them over the edge. Rift has probelms, of course. There are plenty of things I'd like to see changed since this game isn't perfect. Vex however speaks like a person with an adjenda, not criticisms, and it's an adjenda fueled by anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander Siryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalok View Post
    Hi! I am looking at rift as my new home. Been playing wow for the past 5 years. I have a lvl 14 inquisitor and he is pretty cool. Now to my point.

    How is the end game content in Rift? I mean I hate the current end game content with WOW because it is so unforgiving... if you stand in the wrong spot and lag for 1 second you are pretty much dead. Is the endgame in rift the same? Also I like healing and will change specs at some point to heal, but is Rift so unforgiving as WOW? Hope someone can answer my questions.

    Thank you!

    ...... WoW's current endgame is some of the easiest end game on the market outside of DCUO... Not to be insulting but if you have issues with WoW's end game you're gonna hate Rifts Endgame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts