+ Reply to Thread

Thread: something im dont understand

Soulwalker

Default something im dont understand

hi there i only started like a week ago. i understand the whole questing aspect being a WoW player. but the thing i am not understanding and wondering if someone can explain or point me in the direction of info, is these tears and rifts. and Footholds. what are the point of them. do we just get into doing them over and over to get more exp and planarite? i mean i am sure ill have more questions being only level 14 but hopefully i will get things figured out

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spineshade View Post
    hi there i only started like a week ago. i understand the whole questing aspect being a WoW player. but the thing i am not understanding and wondering if someone can explain or point me in the direction of info, is these tears and rifts. and Footholds. what are the point of them. do we just get into doing them over and over to get more exp and planarite? i mean i am sure ill have more questions being only level 14 but hopefully i will get things figured out
    They are mostly an implementation of the public quest system that Warhammer Online introduced. If you read the lore, you'll learn that the world of Telara is under attack from the other Planes of existence, and they get to our world through the tears/rifts.

The purpose of doing them is to gain planarite, and faction. Both of which you need and can use with specific vendors in your capital city.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    They are mostly an implementation of the public quest system that Warhammer Online introduced. If you read the lore, you'll learn that the world of Telara is under attack from the other Planes of existence, and they get to our world through the tears/rifts.

The purpose of doing them is to gain planarite, and faction. Both of which you need and can use with specific vendors in your capital city.
    okay that makes a bit more sense, i think the biggest thing for me then is to not blow thru everything like it is wow and enjoy the scenary so to speak

okay that makes a bit more sense, i think the biggest thing for me then is to not blow thru everything like it is wow and enjoy the scenary so to speak
    you get special marks for defeating invasions and can buy epic quality gear that is usually good for the next 10--15 levels. And at level cap you get raid quality gear and epic essences from raid rifts
    Last edited by Blays; 08-30-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

That is a good choice. There's a lot of story in the game, and you can really experiment and try out strategies while leveling.

Ascendant

there are also puzzles and cairns in every zone (stonefield has 2 cains, lake solace has 5 or 6! cairns) which you are not directed to in any quest line. If you find them, and finish the puzzle, you get loot. Sometimes green, but usually blue, and sometimes purple.

Also, if you DON'T close a foothold or rift, it may start spewing invasions that will take over your quest hub.... forcing you to stop and kill them. ;) built in forced interaction.
    Last edited by Milyssa; 09-01-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Plane Walker

Invasions can also give you collectibles that are only available through rifts. I think that, while the rifts are green or higher, you can get collectibles from them. Once they are grey tho, you can only get those specific collectibles (zone and rift faction specific) through invasions only, not footholds or rifts, to my understanding. Rifts and related footholds/invasions can net you experience, loot, planarite, and consumable items, both fun and useful. The planarite and blue/purple currency can also help you buy items or abilities that are useful. They have recently set it up so that you can either sell your blue/purple currency for planarite, or can purchase tokens that let you pass those blue/purple currency to your alts so they can use them instead, if you outlevel them. You want to look at the different planarite merchants, because you can buy equipment and abilities that help you as you level, and when you reach the level cap.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Calthine's Avatar

You might find this guide helpful:

Rifts and Invasaions at ZAM
    Calthine
    Community Manager
    ZAM Network

+ Reply to Thread