+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Silverangel69

Thread: Hi, I'm new.

Soulwalker

Default Hi, I'm new.

And I have no idea where to start aside obviously than questing, grinding, and leveling my skills.

I've already studied builds for my Warrior, I'm running a Paragon|Champion|Riftblade

However this is my first MMO and things like guilds, raids, groups/partying, all seem foreign to me.

Tips, anyone?

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Knowing the MMO vocabulary (acronyms) can be helpful. Here is a page on Horriftic intentions.

Learning to chat effectively is also important in groups. i.e. in your chat box type /g to switch to guild, /p to switch to party (including your group in a raid), /ra to switch to raid, /say to talk to anyone in a limited radius. Right-clicking your portrait will give you grouping options. Open the raid panel with "y", and you can do some things in there, especially if you're the leader. Click the welcome link at the top of the thread list in this forum to access other newbie materials.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-17-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Welcome to Rift!

The link that Angel posted will be extremely helpful in learning about MMOs!
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-17-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

If you want to know about something while ingame, just ask. While there are always going to be one or two "unhelpful" people out there (and it's the same in any group in RL) most players will help you with good answers or let you know the best place to find what you're looking for.

That said, also check out the stickied thread at the top of this forum section. There is a lot of good information there, too.

Welcome to Rift! Enjoy!

Welcome to Rift. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Soak it all in, and don't get overwhelmed. There is a lot of usefull info on these forums. Don't spend too much time reading the crybaby posts. Make some friends ingame and above all else... HAVE FUN!!!

Good luck out there.

Shadowlander

Try it all and do what you like. You like to craft? Craft. You like dungeons? Go to it. Try some PvP.

Leave no stone unturned. Don't like sonething don't do it. there is enough content to keep you busy.

Welcome to Rift

Default MMo

Welcome to MMO's. Take it as a tip, and inhale your surrounding content as slow as possible. You'll enjoy even more!
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

+ Reply to Thread