+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 50 and i have a few questions

Soulwalker

Default New 50 and i have a few questions

I am new to lvl 50 . I have a mage and I do pretty well on my own. I am not currently in a guild so I will as questions here. What are synergy chrystals and were do you get them? Also what are they used for? I also have a few pvp questions. I bought some pvp gear and they have +favor on them. How do I know when I am to the point when its time to buy new gear? I see other vendors but I dont see where it says were the next tear of gear is at. Also I would be doing randoms but i dont like running them with people I dont know. What other thing can i be doing other than pvp to get my gear up?

Veq

synergy crystals are items that grant you set-piece bonuses for matching armor pieces; all of which mention the need for said crystal in their description. You can buy them for the pvp armor sets at the 'Unseen' rep vendor. I'm not sure about pve crystals but I'd guess the raid or t1/t2 vendors in your capital city.

The valor bonus on the armor reduces the damage you take from other players.
    If you hit 'K' to pull up the warfront que window and hit the tab at the bottom, you will be able to see your prestige level. It's basically a PvP XP bar that starts at level 50 (this is what people are talking about when they mention P6, P7, etc.). That will tell you when it's time to buy the next set of pvp gear.

There is an epic quest line that will grant you an epic helm and shoulders (and a gator mount). Other than that, I'd recommend getting used to the idea of random groups for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by bustedparts View Post
    I am new to lvl 50 . I have a mage and I do pretty well on my own. I am not currently in a guild so I will as questions here. What are synergy chrystals and were do you get them? Also what are they used for? I also have a few pvp questions. I bought some pvp gear and they have +favor on them. How do I know when I am to the point when its time to buy new gear? I see other vendors but I dont see where it says were the next tear of gear is at. Also I would be doing randoms but i dont like running them with people I dont know. What other thing can i be doing other than pvp to get my gear up?
    Synergy crystals give you set bonuses for PvP gear. You can buy them at the Order of The Eye merchant inside the tent by the PvP vendors.

Each Prestige rank you will have access to new gear. Find the vendor with your current rank and purchase all of it.

Other then doing dungeons/raids, PvP is the only way to getting good gear.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

You can also get PvE synergy crystals via the Hammerknell (T2 raid) raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by bustedparts View Post
    You'll find out very quickly that being a mage in pvp is far from fun. I second the notion that you should try your best to get used to running randoms with people you dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    You'll find out very quickly that being a mage in pvp is far from fun.
    Maybe in your opinion, but I have a lot of Mage friends who love PvP...
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-17-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

+ Reply to Thread