+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about Ability Queue

Default Questions about Ability Queue

What is the Ability Queue and what is the difference between None, Short, and Full?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    What is the Ability Queue and what is the difference between None, Short, and Full?
    Ability queue lets you queues the next ability you will cast (after the current ability and/or global cooldown has ended).

I.e. I am casting "Looming Demise" on a target and I want to cast "Dark Touch" straight after it finishes:

-If I have Ability Queue set to "none" then no matter how many times you hit Dark Touch it will not cast until the first time you hit Dark Touch after the global cooldown ends.
    -If it is set to "short" (which is the default) you can click Dark Touch just before you are able to cast it and it will be added to the queue. Therefore when all other CD's are finished it will instantly cast Dark Touch without you needing to press the button again.
    -If the queue is set to "long" you can queue the next spell at any point during the previous cast (Short only queues actions just before the next cast comes available).

I use "long" because if you suffer any lag spikes chances are you still get the spell off immediately and maintain max dps/heals/whatever. You can still cancel casts by moving/simply queuing a different spell by clicking another spell before the next spell is cast.

Thank you.

Remember, long does have the disadvantage of "Locking in" a spell. I recommend the default setting here.
    Last edited by Naronas; 05-22-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Walker

It doesn't lock in the ability, you can simply move or select another ability to cancel the original selection. I believe that also hitting the esc key on your keyboard will also cancel it, or it may just remove your target, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    It doesn't lock in the ability, you can simply move or select another ability to cancel the original selection. I believe that also hitting the esc key on your keyboard will also cancel it, or it may just remove your target, I'm not sure.
    Assuming it works the same way as WoW, it sends a command to the server beforehand. So there will be a period after which the ability cannot be changed. If your fast, you see it with short too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Does anyone know if this option was removed from the game?

I'm sure it used to be under Settings > Interface > Misc > Ability Queue but I can no longer find it.
    Will Washer says "Arggh! My arm!"
    Will Washer says "My spleen!"

Default Its still there !

It's located under the action bars catagory.

+ Reply to Thread