+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused about souls

Soulwalker

Default Confused about souls

I've had this game for a few days now, lovin it. I'm just a little confused as to how I'm supposed to be spending my soul points. Right now I have a Beast Master, Champion, Riftblade(?). Should I just focus on one soul or spread my points out in one other soul OR spread between all three. Just trying to find what's the norm.

Plane Walker

well, you will find you have more points then you can spend in one soul at a time. While leveling I generally focused on one main soul, putting my extra points into a second soul. If you leave a soul with 0 points you can swap it out for other souls at will.

Not sure if you have made it this far, but at 13 you are able to get quests to open up the other souls, and you can by extra roles from your class trainer. This will be found in your major city.

My warrior is a mix of champion and paragon. I use a 2 hander so I didn't get any of the dual wielding talents from paragon. I mostly focused on getting deep into champion, and extra points into paragon. So far it has served me well in pvp and dps. You can research more warrior builds in the class forums, but these will likely be geared towards level 50.

Hope this helps some, good luck to ya!

Soulwalker

As a warrior, I soloed most of the time leveling up. The mix that worked for me was starting off focusing on Paladin until like level 10 or so, when you get that instant complete heal. That is a life saver, especially when learning the game! I actually just put enough points into Pally to get the one-handed weapon bonuses -- I think like 14 total points.

After that, I put points into Champion. Champ ultimately will get you insta-crit, but before that you'll pick up a powerful attack point based AoE called Bladefury (I think that's it...) and a single target one called Death Blow (?) which does mega damage when the target is at lower health. I'd go Champ until about 31-32.

Then I went with Reaver as my 3rd soul, about 20 points worth. Reaver gives several DoTs and debuffs that can be used at range, great for opening attacks! (oh, and both Champ and Pally have charging abilities that root and/or stun.

I'm sure someone will say that my choices suck, but it is very good for soloing! High damage, high survivability.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Icheron View Post
    Confused about souls
    So are the devs, don't feel bad.

+ Reply to Thread