+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By blahblaj
  • 1 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By caduto

Thread: Lava Field AOE Effect Needs to Be Hide-able

Soulwalker

Default Lava Field AOE Effect Needs to Be Hide-able

I would love, love, love to be able to hide other player's red Lava Field effect when doing DRR's or any other content where you have to keep an eye on the boss' red aoe warnings.
    Last edited by blahblaj; 11-27-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblaj View Post
    I would love, love, love to be able to hide other player's red Lava Field effect when doing DRR's or any other content where you have to keep an eye on the boss' red aoe warnings.

What you see is Legendary Fire Storm from 16 point Pyromancer.

Go to your settings and

1) Settings- Video-Advanced: Untick the box ''fullscreen effect'' (Which is just a bloom that makes birght thigns brighter and it hard to spot a glowing white safezone on glowing snow etc.)
    2) Settings- Video-Advanced: Slide Spell detail to 1. (Propably the most efective one but may also hide some cosmetics)

Use one or both, best you try around.
    That way you see more of what's going on

You should be able to bring it down to this without lowering the overall quality:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-28_021622.jpg
    Last edited by Shas; 11-27-2020 at 05:18 PM.

This is the one main bugs/issues in the game that needs to be fixed imo.
    There is no way to turn off the effects of Firestorm, and there is no way to turn off the effects of the primalist healing spiral effect.

The only thing you can do to avoid seeing it is to put that person or person's in your raid group/party. There is no other way!

I hope one day they fix this.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Disciple

I also find these effects unbearable, especially in a red area like the fire celestial instant adventures. It makes it impossible to see anything when the background and mobs are the same color as a wall of effect that keeps appearing around me no matter how often I move away from it. I don't have Fullscreen FX checked in my settings and lowering the Spell Detail setting makes too many important things in the game invisible to me. We do have the option to hide other players but it is not a toggle, it is a keybind that you have to hold down continually. I've requested it be made a toggle in the past but, like most things that players have issues with, it seems to have been ignored. Maybe it could be made into a flat circle instead of a walled circle.
    Last edited by arachyd; 12-19-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arachyd View Post
    I also find these effects unbearable, especially in a red area like the fire celestial instant adventures. It makes it impossible to see anything when the background and mobs are the same color as a wall of effect that keeps appearing around me no matter how often I move away from it. I don't have Fullscreen FX checked in my settings and lowering the Spell Detail setting makes too many important things in the game invisible to me. We do have the option to hide other players but it is not a toggle, it is a keybind that you have to hold down continually. I've requested it be made a toggle in the past but, like most things that players have issues with, it seems to have been ignored. Maybe it could be made into a flat circle instead of a walled circle.
    Maybe you can try an auto clicker, that clicks on that key that you have to hold. If you put like 10 clicks per second, it's the same as holding that key.

You can toggle the hide other players button.
    instructions can be found in the UI and settings page on cadrift.net
    under the key bindings heading.

https://www.cadrift.net/gameplay/per...-and-settings/

+ Reply to Thread