+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xp Toggle.

Soulwalker

Default Xp Toggle.

Is there any way to toggle exp off, slow down by 50% or do something to revive the lower end game?

Would be nice to stop it at 50 for a fun group to do old raids, dungeons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Psai0Bahb View Post
    Is there any way to toggle exp off, slow down by 50% or do something to revive the lower end game?
    If you are a non-Patron, you are getting XP at the slowest rate possible. The only option you have is to simply stay at lower levels, but you WILL be slightly above intended level.

If you are a Patron, you have a passive +40% XP buff. You can turn that off to slow down your progress to non-Patron levels. That is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If you are a non-Patron, you are getting XP at the slowest rate possible. The only option you have is to simply stay at lower levels, but you WILL be slightly above intended level.

If you are a Patron, you have a passive +40% XP buff. You can turn that off to slow down your progress to non-Patron levels. That is it.

Right - Totally aware, but it would help them game in certain areas if they could create a toggle switch for exp off. You are right about lower leveling non-patron. But what if group of 20-25 people wanted to stop at lvl 50 and raid, then progress at a slow pace?

Now someone will say "Rift Prime died." It would be much easier to play along on an alt and slowly progress opposed to a new server if you ask me.

But what if group of 20-25 people wanted to stop at lvl 50 and raid, then progress at a slow pace?
    Nothing is preventing them from doing that. XP gain from raiding is not that big, so it would last a while, and even if they happen to level up to 51 in the process, so what? If you need to gear up through tons of experts and you're worried that it will give you too much xp, just do a 4-man run with the last one a level 70 until you're all geared up. Sure, it's a boost, it's against the spirit of this thing, but it will decrease XP massively for as long as you need it.

But, it's a choice they make and given that there are very few around with that mentality, it's not something that needs to be implemented in the near future. The game has enough issues that needs fixing as is, without taking time away from the dev to do this.
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are

Default Bump

Would be nice to stop it at 50 for a fun group to do old raids, dungeons, etc.

I would like to see the ability to enjoy older content at its former difficulty level a well.

One can mentor down down 10 - 20 levels and strip naked with no effect to stats. If you wish to try out the older weapon / trinket procs past a certain level advantage they simply quit working despite being mentored.

An opportunity is being missed and years of former development wasted by leaving a wealth of content in irrelevancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzan View Post
    An opportunity is being missed and years of former development wasted by leaving a wealth of content in irrelevancy.
    That holds true for most games with a level system. But then again, that's not as bad as you may think. Take a look at WoW. People solo old content not because it is old or because it is no longer relevant, but because they can and there's something they still want from those places, like mounts, skins or even just simple money. That means it isn't wasted, as people still do it, even if they don't do it at-level. Some people do still form guilds and run raids at-level, because WoW does have the XP lock, but they are the very few and very dedicated.

Rift doesn't have the population or development power to support this feature enough to make it a priority. I don't mean a high priority, I mean not even on the list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzan View Post
    I would like to see the ability to enjoy older content at its former difficulty level a well.

One can mentor down down 10 - 20 levels and strip naked with no effect to stats. If you wish to try out the older weapon / trinket procs past a certain level advantage they simply quit working despite being mentored.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...704/lanzan.png

The EXP lock once was a tickbox in the menu during late 50.
    It just went poof. When twink-and open world pvp was a thing, it could be an annoying thing facing some beefed out twink in blues (had 2 blue weps on rogue in 28/29 it was absolutely borken).
    Now over time, those and the arguments against it are gone

@Lanzan there were a couple interests for 'classic in original souls and gear- fashion only* already.

The balance for those things i pretty off.
    All dps got dumped by 10% at nmt launch.
    All hp got increased by almost double at nmt launch
    Some souls like Harb, Defiler, Sab, BD got significant changes to theyr core gameplay while the already-insane-at-60-Pyro now got a buff which should derail it for low lvl

I support exp lock. There is only so much you can do with a stack of 70 chars. - If you plan on doing og 20 man classics, you defenitly have to set up a couple rules to keep it fair and interesting. (just see where prime went with lvl cap only)
    Last edited by Shas; 05-03-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...704/lanzan.png

@Lanzan there were a couple interests for 'classic in original souls and gear- fashion only* already.

The balance for those things i pretty off.
    All dps got dumped by 10% at nmt launch.
    All hp got increased by almost double at nmt launch
    Some souls like Harb, Defiler, Sab, BD got significant changes to theyr core gameplay while the already-insane-at-60-Pyro now got a buff which should derail it for low lvl

I support exp lock. There is only so much you can do with a stack of 70 chars. - If you plan on doing og 20 man classics, you defenitly have to set up a couple rules to keep it fair and interesting. (just see where prime went with lvl cap only)

I mean... I get it. It is hard to put the genie back in the bottle with so many under-the-hood changes. And I was there on prime with the expectation I would go back to my old fave- The Assassin spec- yet forced to play Sab (which I hated) because they couldn't recreate the authentic experience. Perhaps any hope is forlorn.

Nonetheless I still wish for such things.

Icewall rune procs were cool, winning a tough fight by getting a lucky prock from that vampiric greater essence you farmed the hell out of hunt rifts for was cool, Raid Rifts with tons of unforgiving mechanics was cool (Hell's insurgents anybody?), Traversing the depths of a multi-room enemy raid compound was cool. Getting the Infinity Slayer set bonus was cool. Barely making a dps check on a well tuned fight was cool.

Forgive me.

My nostalgia is showing due in part to the ample opportunity for heavy drinking which this quarantine has provided.

Rift Chaser

Since it was here before , maybe it's still somewhere in the code and shouldn't be that hard to give us back the tick box.

I won't hurt anyone if it come back , people who don't like it won't use it and that's it.

As shas said, some could like it since not lot's of new content is added, old one could be a placeholder for people who wish.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask on Discord, In Game, on my specs guides or via private message.

+ Reply to Thread