+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player needs advice help

Soulwalker

Post Returning player needs advice help

Hello Rift community, I originally started when rift 1st launched. I stopped and played wow and eve online for over 8 years now . And am tired of those 2 games as most of the time ppl are elitist and not helpful much. Iím a retired military man just looking for a good community n good class and hopefully a active server. Can you guys tell me how rift is now also is it worth playing, and is it pay to win or is it still fun for you after all these years...

Thank you for ur advice n help sincerely, Synfurry

Hey man,

It costs you nothing trying it out again. You should be able to tell quite precisely from one short gameplay session at any level and a couple videos if you will end up liking it tbh.

This is for you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESVB25Nowc

I personaly would see Rift closer related to The Sims or painting Miniatures atm.

Once the artstyle and ambient fits you, it's more about having a good time with a couple people you know. Set yourself some long- or short time goals and maybe bash some bosses here and there. Be it outfits, achievements or mastering your class, there are always small chunks you can do every day. There isn't quite a *one big goal* set for you right now so it's a little dependent on you finding a project you are interested in.
    Once you dip into one aspect, you may find how vast and deep even the seemingly basic topics can turn out to be.

In case you are interested in pve/pvp it's somewhat important for you to do your research in advance on what to expect from the classes in endgame. (Clerics are not first choice for healing etc)

It would be unfair not to mention that the game itself is like an aged themepark these days. Alot of good memories and nostalgia in the air but the rides are squeaking and the paint comes off for a while now.
    If you are creative and adventerous however, you can make the slightly anarchic place your sandbox-playground with a rather unique charme.

Pay to win wise: You will have ca. 3 DLC souls per class with tremendously different inpact. From *unnecessary* to *must have* (where p2w starts). Besides from that everything is free/ can be aquired through ingame actions. (You can can also trade in the DLC souls for the basic platinum currency for example)

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Soulwalker

ok so 1. the p2win theory, should i join a p2win guild and if we all are p2win thewn isnt it the same as we all have the same builds etc. ?

2. i see one pvp shard so not sure if i can still pvp in a pve server...
    3. im mainly looking for raid dungeons etc endgame. ive never healed before or tanked so whats the best top dps class or a specific build i shgould be striving for offhand.

and thank you all for the knowledge n adviuce

Good point seeing it only as dlc overall.

One thing: Patron subscription reduces time-to-mount. In combination with 2 consumeables, this can reach 0. Which means instant mounting. Some warfronts allow mounts already and riding off people attacking you is hilarious.
    If there was w pvp, at last this would break it (dot & run with mach 5)

If you want only dps, Rogue has the best package for now.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=708NmqCGp94&t=372s
    High caliber machinegun. Flamethrower with dlc.
    Rogue has the most polished set of dps builds and tricks atm.
    (In case you are sold on this, get the Tactican dlc, it goes a long way for leveling& endgame.)

If you don't mind and want more of a challange:
    Second in line is Cleric Inquisitor st dps. It needs the Runeshaper dlc for max potential tho. Then it is head 2 head with Rogue np.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iU1r20BEIWY
    Dot&burst ranged caster or ice+blood melee.

Primalists are full dlc and pretty rare considering how much they bring to the table. Getting some more capeable Wildlings would be nice but can't be forced ;)
    Melee and ranged fire caster, insane support hybrids.

-> What's wrong with the others:
    Warrior needs dlcs and heals alot.
    Mage has a a wonkey meta atm and is a little dps- underpowered for a main char. Also 1Mage=support duty. (talking about raids)

If you like a good challange, Mage is pretty f2p and can take new people with fresh ideas. Archont support when played right can also bite dps in the *** if they don't watch out.

->
    Nobrainer: Rogue
    Style: Cleric
    Challange: Mage
    Teamplayer: Primalist
    Last edited by Shas; 04-23-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

+ Reply to Thread