+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Arthritis
  • 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12

Thread: Can't finish quests because Volan never pops

Soulwalker

Angry Can't finish quests because Volan never pops

I have some quests for Ashora still, but I can't finish them. They are in the Biofoundry. I need to wait for the Volan zone event which used to pop quite often, but now I almost never see it. It is frustrating because I want to get all my quests done.

There is a lure you can buy to trigger Volan. I think it's in the Store in the "Rifts" section. I think it's called "Of Blood and Bones" or something like that. Buy it then post in chat that you are looking for a group to complete it. It's possible that those who did this event when it was all the rage might be willing to be force mentored to level 60 and help you get it done.

Maybe once you buy the lure you could start a thread in the General Discussion part of the Forums to plan a time and shard (NA or EU) that you'd like to do it. But I'd try in chat first. I'm not sure how many you need to get it done but I know Volan cannot be solo'd.

Good luck! And happy hunting!
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

To pop a zone event you need a certain population of players in the zone, so get all your friends and guildies to AFK in Ashora, ask in global chats for peeps to afk in the zone, when you have at least 20 peeps there, give it 15mins or so and if the event doesnt pop, everyone switch shard to try the next. Keep doing this til you have gone through all the shards. If you can, use the Volan zone event lure that Arthritis explained about, ask in chat for peeps that have it already.

When the event pops you CAN solo it, but it will be a long and tedious affair, if you dont have the right spec to survive while also doing decent DPS then you may go over the event timer and fail. So its best to bring a few peeps, 5 is a good number to start, but obviously the more the merrier.

Once the event is done the Biofoundry will be open for you to quest in for 2 hours only, so ensure you have time to spend after the event is finished. As long as you work quickly you will be able to finish all the quests in the 2 hours and then never have to do it again!

As cad mentioned, all zone events require a certain amount of players to be in a zone for one to trigger. I believe for most events it's 20, but some have been lowered in the past. You can buy a lure with credits to trigger it, but that's more so a an optional choice if one wishes. It's not a requirement though.

As a side note - It seems as though someone is using your post to push his opinion on reddit though: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...sed_as_a_game/

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

General of Telara

I would use the lure over just stacking people in the zone and waiting for an event to pop. It would be highly unlikely that the zone event you wanted would randomly pop just by stacking people in the zone. You could get all shards to pop a zone event and still not get Volan without the lure.

You can as that's been proving with the battle pass since that has a lot of specific zone event dailies. Particularly with tyrant's forget zone event. That one in particular was lowered to 15 or so. There's just no incentive to do volan atm until the Air battle pass hits and put volan in since they've been going with element them quests as of this recent pass.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread