Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Volcano1
  • 1 Post By Kelyk
  • 1 Post By Skiye

Thread: About the mage build

Soulwalker

Default About the mage build

Hello all the developers,

I want to mention some findings regarding mage class. 1st of all in general people has a wrong idea about mage. All the developers think that mage should be healer or support. But this is totally wrong thinking. A mage is the master of all magic so naturally they should be the strongest dps build as well as a healer. But some strange reason the developer of this game made mage less dps than other class build. Every class should have one best dps build, healer and a support. Comparatively Rogue build the mage has less damage build. I find this unjustified. The developer should be neutral, where as in this game it seems that they don't like mage build in some strange reason.

I like to play as a mage but because of this preference of the developers my mage dps is not good enough. I have all the raid 2 gears and everything but still a mage is not good enough in comparison to Rogue for damage done. As a result my Guild mates are not interested to take me in BOS raid. So as a fellow developer I'm requesting to all the developers of this game, would you please look into this problem and make at least one mage as best dps build?
    Last edited by Volcano1; 03-25-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano1 View Post
    1st of all in general people has a wrong idea about mage. All the developers think that mage should be healer or support. But this is totally wrong thinking.
    Hi who are you?

Mage was dps carry for 3 expansions by a margin. Team hickups left the latest Mage buffs unfinished.

I like to play as a mage but because of this preference of the developers my mage dps is not good enough.
    Are you sure that's only because of the class?

As a result my Guild mates are not interested to take me in BOS raid.
    A healthy guild can run any Tank/ heal/ dd class combo in bos.

Feel free to post a selfbuffed dps breakdown with stats and we can have a look what's missing.

->
    99.98% of the Raids done in Rift these days happen with missed potential. No Sigils, missing support buffs, poor timing, heal overkill, **** specs, lazy macros etcpp.
    This means more damage loss than any Overlord or Carnival gear can hope to make up for.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...15/PYrolol.jpg
    A team composition so lackluster that i makes bis geared rogues drop that low and some ****ty Mage alt still ends up in the top 10 mage dmg ever recordet? Is it REALLY the class?

Excusing to exclude a Mage dd only because it's a Mage is unjustified.
    2 reasons:
    Your raidleads are a little misinformed and entitled to preemptively judge
    or your Necro-Warlock is not cutting the edge.

4.5 Mage Raid- benchmarks look 30% worse compared to rogue because Rogues and Clerics have indeed higher default output and then been picked in more favorable groups - which leaves Warrior and Mage dps without proper recent *bis setup* parses.

In reality, you will be able to challange the average pug Rogue or Cleric on Mage and Warrior no problem.
    1/3rd gear 1/3rd spec 1/3rd timing.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-30-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    4.5 Mage Raid- benchmarks look 30% worse compared to rogue because Rogues and Clerics have indeed higher default output and then been picked in more favorable groups - which leaves Warrior and Mage dps without proper recent *bis setup* parses.

In reality, you will be able to challenge the average pug Rogue or Cleric on Mage and Warrior no problem.
    Curious what your advice is for those not seeking the avg Rogue/Cleric? Believe it or not some players still min/max and would like to compete with other classes. Why did they make Inq so OP in the same patch as mage changes yet still left it still subpar? Also isn't your main toon a cleric? how convenient!
    Last edited by Learan; 03-25-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Curious what your advice is for those not seeking the avg Rogue/Cleric? Believe it or not some players still min/max and would like to compete with other classes. Why did they make Inq so OP in the same patch as mage changes yet still left it still subpar? Also isn't your main toon a cleric? how convenient!
    wow bro i can't even start on how much ******** you managed to pack into so little text.
    Do some research please.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-25-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Considering the average cleric still plays Shaman (lol), you can min/max mage DPS and beat, or at least tie, a min/max Shaman. Even the average Inquisitor player might make critical mistakes with raid mechanics or their rotation and you can even out-dps them. Make sure you're actually using the right specs and rotations and there's no reason why your guild would refuse you simply because you're a mage. Unless they have more people than they can fit into 1 or 2 runs and they prioritize players they know are better.

It's very unfortunate that the most recent Mage buffs were left incomplete, but it's Gamigo, so, what can you do.

Hello all the developers,

I want to mention some findings regarding mage class. 1st of all in general people has a wrong idea about mage. All the developers think that mage should be healer or support. But this is totally wrong thinking. A mage is the master of all magic so naturally they should be the strongest dps build as well as a healer. But some strange reason the developer of this game made mage less dps than other class build. Every class should have one best dps build, healer and a support. Comparatively Rogue build the mage has less damage build. I find this unjustified. The developer should be neutral, where as in this game it seems that they don't like mage build in some strange reason.

I like to play as a mage but because of this preference of the developers my mage dps is not good enough. I have all the raid 2 gears and everything but still a mage is not good enough in comparison to Rogue for damage done. As a result my Guild mates are not interested to take me in BOS raid. So as a fellow developer I'm requesting to all the developers of this game, would you please look into this problem and make at least one mage as best dps build?
    If you can pull ~950k dps you're probably fine for entering BoS. If not then you should run some more T1's and read this over on how to properly optimize your playstyle.

If after several years your guild can't handle one non min/maxed dpser then I don't know what to tell ya. But i'd also suggest at least getting good at chloro and Archon. The more you can do the more of an asset you become. Playing 1 role and 1 style misses the purpose of the beautiful soul system that the developers of this game built.
    Last edited by Skiye; 03-25-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Thumbs up

I see all of this talk about how mage is fine with dps or alternatively how its not. lets see some numbers or better yet some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I see all of this talk about how mage is fine with dps or alternatively how its not. lets see some numbers or better yet some videos.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-31_001711.jpgpts stats

It is not fine. Mage buffs got interrupted after the very wrong parts of it got addressed (Dot SP scaling and dmg% stacking instead of addressing LEF/ Neddras dependence) The majority of ideas got ignored aswell as potentially negative sideeffects (inq/ lock in pvp).

However, the absolute majority of players doesn't try. It's a fact. For every detailed question there are 10 calls for an ez pz version. This is not the problem but some individual people who expect special treatment and ready-to-eat-guidelines while calling themselves *raiders* and *minmaxers*.

Heavily delayed Archon cd's **** up a Cleric way more than a Rogue; - there are so many unaddressed construction sites when talking about spec/ class performance.

Casting your first Fire Storm where the boss will not be a second later and not refresh it accordingly to then rant about class imbalance does not work out.
    Not giving feedback when Mage buffs are under construction on pts- to then **** up the people who do and rant about class imbalance or favorism- does not work out.
    Afk farming Vp events for some 62SP 270cp for hours but being *too lazy* to pick up some useful build or question the rotation bc it takes too much time doesn't work out.
    Calling your macros Spam1 and Spam2 and expecting magic from pressing them faster doesn't work out.

Make it work out for you. Creating new specs and strategies is ment to solve problems but apparently, creating new problems is far more fun .. so why are we still discussing such matters

https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/a...8019a1854f.jpg

Squeezing out everything from a underdog class/ charakter can be fun but ofc requires a little more thought that *waiting for macros*.

-> Unless you want to dive deeper into this bs, i am hesitant to enter further arguments as recently inactive. Pm or stuff
    /Weebsout
    Last edited by Shas; 03-25-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Unhappy

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...-31_001711.jpgpts stats

It is not fine. Mage buffs got interrupted after the very wrong parts of it got addressed (Dot SP scaling and dmg% stacking instead of addressing LEF/ Neddras dependence) The majority of ideas got ignored aswell as potentially negative sideeffects (inq/ lock in pvp).

However, the absolute majority of players doesn't try. It's a fact. For every detailed question there are 10 calls for an ez pz version. This is not the problem but some individual people who expect special treatment and ready-to-eat-guidelines while calling themselves *raiders* and *minmaxers*.

Heavily delayed Archon cd's **** up a Cleric way more than a Rogue; - there are so many unaddressed construction sites when talking about spec/ class performance.

Casting your first Fire Storm where the boss will not be a second later and not refresh it accordingly to then rant about class imbalance does not work out.
    Not giving feedback when Mage buffs are under construction on pts- to then **** up the people who do and rant about class imbalance or favorism- does not work out.
    Afk farming Vp events for some 62SP 270cp for hours but being *too lazy* to pick up some useful build or question the rotation bc it takes too much time doesn't work out.
    Calling your macros Spam1 and Spam2 and expecting magic from pressing them faster doesn't work out.

Make it work out for you. Creating new specs and strategies is ment to solve problems but apparently, creating new problems is far more fun .. so why are we still discussing such matters

https://www.meme-arsenal.com/memes/a...8019a1854f.jpg

Squeezing out everything from a underdog class/ charakter can be fun but ofc requires a little more thought that *waiting for macros*.

-> Unless you want to dive deeper into this bs, i am hesitant to enter further arguments as recently inactive. Pm or stuff
    /Weebsout
    I think I see the problem, shame it can't be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I think I see the problem, shame it can't be fixed.
    Uninstalled yesterday, hf m8

Go, make said video yourself.
    Last edited by Shas; 03-26-2020 at 05:54 AM.

wow bro i can't even start on how much ******** you managed to pack into so little text.
    Do some research please.
    Nice deflection. And btw when the changes went on pts we did give feedback about how it wasn’t enough of a buff/change to bring it up to par but it was ignored. We also gave feedback on how op inq was but it was quickly squashed by prominent clerics(not to name any) that have excuses why it should be left alone. We have done our “research” we did give feedback.
    Last edited by Learan; 03-26-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    |AoC|Exposure|Mutiny|Crayons|Virus|Trinity|

nMe@greybriar

Shadowlander

Question Suggestion for Stormcaller

Hi,

I wonder if Stormcaller could get a dps buff through Legendary Ride The Wind.
    At the moment, it is:
    Legendary Ride the Wind
    Self Buff
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Increases movement speed by 50% for 10s. Removes all control and movement impairing effects. Applies Rushing Wind to the Mage which makes their next cast time spell instant.

My suggestion:
    Legendary Ride the Wind
    Self Buff
    Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Increases movement speed by 50% for 10s. Removes all control and movement impairing effects. Applies Rushing Wind to the Mage which makes their next cast time spell instant.
    Passive: Increase Water and Air damage by 30%. Increase all other damage by 15%.

Regards,
    Last edited by Heliodromus; 04-13-2020 at 10:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread