+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taerentym

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Optimizing technicalities

Default Optimizing technicalities

Some things makes this game feel like it's early alpha testing version, things that can be improved.

I have a list here (I will try to update it as I play and find new things):
    • Tracking quests on the map should be improved (right now it's a horrible struggle) - all things should be visible at all times in the form of quest dots (and should be expanded when the dots are clicked)
    • Quest list should be next to the map (not in the separate window) with the option to hide it to make the map larger (see World of Warcraft quest map and log for reference)
    • "Click to move" option should have its own camera follow options to choose from in the interface window and "click to move" should be usable on everything (not just on the nearest ground), i.e. the player should be able to click on the sky and run towards that direction indefinitely with a chosen camera look option. Also change "click to move" default button to right click as right click is an action default button (this should change with player chosing their own action default button)
    • Auto loot should pick up everything by default if checked in interface menu. It doesn't pick up quest items in situations when a player has to pick up NPCs using quest item or event rewards
    • Interface menu is messy. Options are scattered troughout tabs in which they shouldn't supposed to be making interface menu counterintuitive, i.e. "click to move" option should be in the "MOUSE" tab
    • You should add 5 times more spirit healers (angels on graveyards) so the player doesn't have to run half a map to their corpse
    • Add MUCH more portals around the world

I play this game same as you and so I would like to enjoy it in every aspect possible. I like consistency and optimization and that's why I want to help you polish the game where there is a room for improvement.
    Last edited by Zeturion; 02-18-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeturion View Post
    Some things makes this game feel like it's early alpha testing version, things that can be improved.
    All of your suggestions would have been useful, back in beta. Now the game is not only several years old, but also in the hands of a different company. Do not expect any of your points to be changed or even considered
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

You want to say that this new company is blind and deaf towards the community?

Well, right now I'm only killing time until WoW Shadowlands launches because patch 8.3 is dull. If RIFT company does nothing till then to improve the game, I will retire from RIFT again as I have 6 years ago.
    Last edited by Zeturion; 02-14-2020 at 12:31 PM.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

I added this to the list that I will be sending to the rest of the team!

Shadowlander

You want to say that this new company is blind and deaf towards the community?
    Yes

Message too short inserting random letters

General of Telara

[*]"Lock ability buttons" option in action bars should have a key to choose from (i.e. shift) so a player can move abilities using key+click instead of having to bring up interface menu every time
    Maybe I'm missing something here but why are you pulling up any menu to unlock/lock the ability bars? There is a lock icon to the left of the main ability bar. Use this to toggle the locking of the ability bars. If the lock icon is open you can move abilities around. If the lock icon is locked then you can only drop new abilities onto the bar and abilities already there cannot be moved (accidentally or on purpose).

I've noticed it two days ago and forgot to edit the list. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread