+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By profbyte
  • 2 Post By Taerentym
  • 1 Post By Rhipf

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mentor down at Zone Bosses

Default Mentor down at Zone Bosses

I am not a fan of permanent mentoring in low level areas. BUT I think at zone events at the final boss fight all should have the maximum level that the boss have.

The little unicorn event ist lovely and I try to collect the particles and I know that I donīt have a chance to get enough in one event to get a unicorn. But I donīt have any chance with a low level char and slow mount to reach the boss fast enough to get the quest done.

It ist so frustrating to do all the rifts an invasions for the event just to see that the boss (for the quest) falls down in seconds because a level 70 hits it down.
    Although I did everything else in the zone event, it doesn't count at least for the quest.

There should be a solution for all players to to the quest.

Shield of Telara

The easy solution would be to implement a "port to boss" button. That way you will get there in time without mucking around with force mentoring. Even with no level 70 I sometimes have trouble getting to the boss before it dies if I'm low level simply because my "max speed" mount walks faster when I'm level 20 than when I'm level 70 for some reason.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    The easy solution would be to implement a "port to boss" button. That way you will get there in time without mucking around with force mentoring. Even with no level 70 I sometimes have trouble getting to the boss before it dies if I'm low level simply because my "max speed" mount walks faster when I'm level 20 than when I'm level 70 for some reason.
    I don't think they will ever do that, they already have a summon you can buy from the store and requires charges to use which you have to buy from the store, why would they create something that will mess around with that? all the options available to summon people are in systems designed for group content. "guild summon" "summon a friend" etc.

your best bet would be to either start a guild and grow it just for events, or beg and beg and beg the developers to implement the "Teleport" feature from the Instant Adventures into Open World Zone events, for example have people join the event itself and have the event form raids, then when the boss spawns have the prompt summon everyone to it.

I doubt they will listen or even want to implement such a change but who knows, you could try your luck, it doesn't hurt to try.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    I don't think they will ever do that, they already have a summon you can buy from the store and requires charges to use which you have to buy from the store, why would they create something that will mess around with that? all the options available to summon people are in systems designed for group content. "guild summon" "summon a friend" etc.

your best bet would be to either start a guild and grow it just for events, or beg and beg and beg the developers to implement the "Teleport" feature from the Instant Adventures into Open World Zone events, for example have people join the event itself and have the event form raids, then when the boss spawns have the prompt summon everyone to it.

I doubt they will listen or even want to implement such a change but who knows, you could try your luck, it doesn't hurt to try.
    A port to boss button really would be far too much like easy mode. We had a discussion on discord a few days ago about this and the general consensus was that the boss should emit an aura that automatically mentored people down to the level of it (within 50-100m of it). Apparently this has been explored before though and deemed too difficult to code... I don't know if that really is the case or not but as a solution to this problem it's something that could do with more attention.

just an FYI there is a debuff that is supposed to nerf the dps output of an unmentored player, HOWEVER there are many skills that bypass that like consumables, planar skills, masteries, legendaries, eternal and trinket procs that are causing the original solution to that problem designed before many of those became a mechanic to fail now, and I am sure trying to fix it will break the game the way any fix other than making the store work has recently

Soulwalker

There are several solutions that I see possible that are already in use in other parts of the game. You could have a 30 second debuff timer on the zone boss like the Bloodfire Behemoth event. Debuffing an area is certainly possible, just look at nightmare rifts or the Builder's Causeway section of Ashora. Or as a last option you could debuff an entire zone, but only after the boss has been activated. Work with us here devs.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I have this marked down for the team to converse about it!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    A port to boss button really would be far too much like easy mode.
    I guess I'm just too dense to get this but how is a port to boss too much of an easy mode?
    Sure you could jump to shards and wait for the boss button to activate then tag and go but is that really that different from what you could do now (other than getting to the boss faster)?
    If the port to boss was coupled with an immunity timer everyone that wants to get to the boss could before it is downed (assuming everyone is mentored down anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    (assuming everyone is mentored down anyway).
    while there are aspects of this I disagree with and agree with don't forget the key word you used quite well in there hence asking for other solutions beyond that

+ Reply to Thread