+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By derpfx
  • 1 Post By Challengere

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: COD Gifting

  1. #1
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,456

    Default COD Gifting

    it would be very helpful if you could add a COD option to the gifting window so we can more securely handle such transactions

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    it would be very helpful if you could add a COD option to the gifting window so we can more securely handle such transactions

    What is a COD? I cannot think past the game series behind the acronym. If I do bring it up I don't wish to use acronyms with the team. Thank you!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Cash on delivery
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    But is it a gift if you're trading it for money ..
    Fwob - Zaviel

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    But is it a gift if you're trading it for money ..
    No, but the "gift" terminology was used by Trion. Everyone knows that most "gifting" transactions are really a trade for platinum, so it doesn't really make sense. It'd be fair better to just be able to purchase every item/service within it's own lockbox that could then be traded freely, getting rid of any doubt in the sellers/buyers mind as to whether they're actually going to get what they're after.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    143

    Default

    What would happen if the platina was not sent? In the COD system in-game you would get your items back, but that is not a great option for gifting. It wouldn't make sense for a game to have an automated system which sends real money back. That would cost them money. So I don't see them doing this.

    There is a way to get around this without doing real money refunds. They could make items which can be bought with real money or credits tradable. That would reduce the risks. Also sellers could buy tradable packs and put them on the AH.
    Last edited by Dico; 01-28-2020 at 01:39 AM.

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    What would happen if the platina was not sent? In the COD system in-game you would get your items back, but that is not a great option for gifting. It wouldn't make sense for a game to have an automated system which sends real money back. That would cost them money. So I don't see them doing this.

    There is a way to get around this without doing real money refunds. They could make items which can be bought with real money or credits tradable. That would reduce the risks. Also sellers could buy tradable packs and put them on the AH.

    This being a point (I do appreciate you all for explaining COD to me). What if user doesn't have enough platinum to be paying for it? It might get stuck in your mail if you already have the DLC or mount (which I'm sure would be looked into if a system like this would be implemented). How would it be handled though? As if it were to become a gift voucher of some sort it would be easier to just implement the gift into a consumable voucher rather than COD gifting to make it more viable for trades and mail as well (and should be less viable to get stuck in your mailbox as it's now a consumable item rather than auto consuming and potentially failing if you already have it).


    This just being some Devil's Advocate for it, I'll still add the suggestion down however.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    This being a point (I do appreciate you all for explaining COD to me). What if user doesn't have enough platinum to be paying for it? It might get stuck in your mail if you already have the DLC or mount (which I'm sure would be looked into if a system like this would be implemented). How would it be handled though? As if it were to become a gift voucher of some sort it would be easier to just implement the gift into a consumable voucher rather than COD gifting to make it more viable for trades and mail as well (and should be less viable to get stuck in your mailbox as it's now a consumable item rather than auto consuming and potentially failing if you already have it).


    This just being some Devil's Advocate for it, I'll still add the suggestion down however.
    yours and others' points are valid, maybe try making things less account bound so they can be traded with less risk than gifting

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts