Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By derpfx
  • 1 Post By Shas
  • 3 Post By Zyyra
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 4 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By derpfx

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: a few suggestions

Telaran

Default a few suggestions

Simple ones (just QoL changes really):
    • Make Tenebrean Engines account bound.
    • Make Fragment Coffers purchaseable with Ethereal Shards (these things have no use once you have T1 gear, and T1 gear isn't hard to get).
    • Make T1 purchased Gear BoA, further increasing usefulness of Ethereal Shards.

Not so simple ones:

• Bring back level locking (Trion turned this off long ago, but it was fun as hell in PvP).
    • Enforce mentoring in low level dungeons (when queued for) but give similar rewards to SPE experts. Makes them worth running again and if any new blood are in the game (rare I know), gives them a chance to do dungeons as they level. Only applies when used through LFG.

I'd also like to see something similar to the last one also done with LFR, and include all the retro raids but still enforce mentoring so it's not a walkover.
    Last edited by derpfx; 01-22-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Talking

Not so simple:

Auto disable Legendaries when mentored (like the eternal)
    Hellfire Blades and it's friends are just too potent when mentored.
    Force auto mentor on all Zones (will adjust to a zone's recomendet max level)

+More interesting world
    +Chance for some sort of wpvp to come back
    +No eventboss oneshotting
    +Foundation for worldwide weeklies
    +Foundation for old-content-rewards as mentioned before

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

re-enable eternals when mentored, would love to get my energy boost from the warrior eternal using my end game spec below 70 without needing a spec designed less energy starved or lacking the self healing of Deep Breaths and that doesn't consume one of my available roles

Shadowlander

Hire full time dev. Cleaning lady is bit slow on coding stuffs, all broken up and on a good week, we have few typos fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyyra View Post
    Hire full time dev. Cleaning lady is bit slow on coding stuffs, all broken up and on a good week, we have few typos fixed.
    undo Vladd's fragment travesty or remove the RNG from it

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

I marked down the suggestions to bring up to the team! Thank you all for contributing!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Force auto mentor on all Zones (will adjust to a zone's recomendet max level)
    Did you get this idea from Guild Wars 2, which has that sort of auto-mentoring? GW2 also has lots of frequent dynamic events in all the zones and world bosses every 4 hours in several low level zones. The latter especially attracts lots of max level players to those zones.

I'm not sure you'd get all the advantages claimed. If all that is needed for active world PVP was a lot of same level players in a zone then World PVP should be booming among all the 70s in Vostigar Peaks.

Other possible disadvantages of a level 70 auto-mentoring down

- Considerably slows mounted movement speed in low level zones.

- It would take longer to gather herbs, ore, cloth, leather and artifacts and complete many World Event daily quests in low level zones because mobs wouldn't always ignore you.

- If auto-mentored to 20 in Silverwood or Freemarch, would not gain experience from the many mobs under level 13 in those 7-20 zones.

- Would make it impossible for a level 70 to easily solo low level dungeons and raids.

Telaran

I'm not for forcing people to mentor based on the zone they're in... that's an awful idea it would also mean that people would need to be mentored UP if they were lower than the zone. For zone event rewards you already need to mentor and bosses spawn with a buff that stops them getting destroyed straight away... so zone events/zones are fine as they are.

I do think LFR/LFG should enforce mentoring though, whilst yielding your actual levels currencies as reward. Whilst I can already see this somehow being exploited (by simpling kicking someone and having a high level manually enter) I'm sure there are ways and means to prevent this.
    Last edited by derpfx; 01-22-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    - If auto-mentored to 20 in Silverwood or Freemarch, would not gain experience from the many mobs under level 13 in those 7-20 zones.
    not that at 70 we would need the exp but for the lower levels deciding to stay there you do actually gain exp on everything up to level 20 there despite the 5lv spread required everywhere else

instead of forced mentoring how about current level rewards for mentoring down to if not 5 levels below the mobs increasing the rewards based on the increase in difficulty since being 5 levels above in gear 20 levels above gives a super advantage

bounty mobs already require you to be 5 levels below to get the best artifacts possible to drop
    Last edited by Challengere; 01-23-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Wink

Did you get this idea from Guild Wars 2, which has that sort of auto-mentoring? GW2 also has lots of frequent dynamic events in all the zones and world bosses every 4 hours in several low level zones. The latter especially attracts lots of max level players to those zones.

I'm not sure you'd get all the advantages claimed. If all that is needed for active world PVP was a lot of same level players in a zone then World PVP should be booming among all the 70s in Vostigar Peaks.
    To be honest i (like propably most people) have this list of things they would like to see in Rift since years now.
    However i indeed was very surprised seeing how many things from said list were standart in GW2 when i tried it for a day last month.

The problem with Wpvp in 70 is 1st: There is no need to kill each other, the current class design makes 1v1 very unrewarding and it completely optional.
    Indeed Bloodiron is currently the best shard to do daylies on since most people are scared of it and the questitems are always up there

Make little Bloodiron events like the kobayashi arena like a random chest enabling free for all when being in the event radius.

Other possible disadvantages of a level 70 auto-mentoring down

- Considerably slows mounted movement speed in low level zones.

- It would take longer to gather herbs, ore, cloth, leather and artifacts and complete many World Event daily quests in low level zones because mobs wouldn't always ignore you.

Which makes it more intereseting. Too much QoL kills the long time hook.

I think it's a good thing when the world doesn't ignore you and it's not just a farming simulator.

Traveling in Rift already is extreme unimmersive, with a bag full of instant teleports. A moderate travel speed enhances possible pvp and group play. Having a 170% mount already is the equivalent to flying mounts - which -also kill most of the world- interaction of players.

I think a lvl 69 surely does not go to Freemarch to level up. Those 20 exp are neglectable - however he can also not oneshot eventbosses before everyone had a chance to come along with tehyr 60% mounts.

- Would make it impossible for a level 70 to easily solo low level dungeons and raids.
    Soloing old stuff is mainly done due to boredom to be honest. Plat drops got removed and the old-raid-plat-run is a thing of the past. Doing those plat runs wasn't alot of fun; Lvl 60 Hard mode chronicles and pug classic runs was way more fun than oneshotting through stuff that is supposed to be epic and lore relevant.

Level- and gear progression on 70 is already simplyfied to an extend that, in my opinion, there is no need to reward people with being super op everywhere on any place for doing almost nothing for it.

You can already solo 99.9% of the game. I would rather see that trend slowly being removed.
    There is alot of joy in not having access to everything for cheap and rather plan your adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    bounty mobs already require you to be 5 levels below to get the best artifacts possible to drop
    And more ofthen than not people ask for help on those which i think makes the whole process a littlebit more exciting.

- No matter how beefed up he is, i think a player charakter should never be able to dominate the game world by gear alone. (which is possible atm)
    Last edited by Shas; 01-24-2020 at 04:31 AM.

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

+ Reply to Thread