+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 2 Post By Taerentym

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: pls change how auction house works just a bit ...

  1. #1
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    506

    Default pls change how auction house works just a bit ...

    i'v been using auction house more and have noticed something that's bothering me and figured i would come post something here to see if some adjustment could be made.

    when accounts boot up and log in and they check mail and go thru there auction listing, the low listed price for items is refreshed and that in itself is fine but the problem is, it is only that one time only, if you want it refreshed again you would have to actually log out of game completely including glyph and restart again. it becomes even a bigger problem when you have multiple toons and your cycling thru them all to check things before getting on with playing the game. the reason its a bigger problem is because if example, i log in greybrair first, check my ah, at that point the game would see the low price of starfall crab is currently like 25-30g each. if i then log off that toon and go to a different toon on hailol the low price is 1p 50g each (was higher yesterday) but problem is when you go thru your mail and your stack of crab you had on hailol comes back to you unsold and you click the suggested price the game at that point is still going by the low price of 25-30g that was on greybrair cuz that is simply the only price it got when you were there on greybrair. the game doesent seem to care that your on a different toon on a different shard ... that ends up making the prices drop uncontrolled because people don't realize they need to log out completely in between toons to refresh the AH low prices checks. the game needs to check and refresh the AH low price AT EACH TOON LOG IN. not just one time at the start of your first toon on one shard only ... if greybriar wants to sell there crab at 25g each fine but that should not interfere with haloils prices ... i was trying to keep haliols price high cuz i like making plat. in fact i am probably screwing myself by even pointing these prices out but if its for the greater good then fine, ill adjust ... now if you told me that eventually you are going to have one ah for ALL shards then fine leave it alone and finish the process of making one AH for all shards but if the devs have no intentions of doing that for one reason or another the PLEASE make AH lows prices be freshed at the start of EVERY toon log in ...

    its bad enough that we all need to put up with the people that feel if they slash there price of a given mat by some insane amount, that there product will move that much faster (news flash, it don't ... all your doing is messing up AH as a whole for everyone else. if you have that much product then give it to your guild members) ... i don't want to battle those people and at the same time battle the mechanics of how the game works as well ... ether refresh prices on every toon log in or finish the process of making one AH for all shards ...

    ... i hope my long winded rant makes sense. if anyone has anything they want to add or clarify then feel free ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 01-12-2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: idoits are people too ... :P
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    i'v been using auction house more and have noticed something that's bothering me and figured i would come post something here to see if some adjustment could be made.

    when accounts boot up and log in and they check mail and go thru there auction listing, the low listed price for items is refreshed and that in itself is fine but the problem is, it is only that one time only, if you want it refreshed again you would have to actually log out of game completely including glyph and restart again. it becomes even a bigger problem when you have multiple toons and your cycling thru them all to check things before getting on with playing the game. the reason its a bigger problem is because if example, i log in greybrair first, check my ah, at that point the game would see the low price of starfall crab is currently like 25-30g each. if i then log off that toon and go to a different toon on hailol the low price is 1p 50g each (was higher yesterday) but problem is when you go thru your mail and your stack of crab you had on hailol comes back to you unsold and you click the suggested price the game at that point is still going by the low price of 25-30g that was on greybrair cuz that is simply the only price it got when you were there on greybrair. the game doesent seem to care that your on a different toon on a different shard ... that ends up making the prices drop uncontrolled because people don't realize they need to log out completely in between toons to refresh the AH low prices checks. the game needs to check and refresh the AH low price AT EACH TOON LOG IN. not just one time at the start of your first toon on one shard only ... if greybriar wants to sell there crab at 25g each fine but that should not interfere with haloils prices ... i was trying to keep haliols price high cuz i like making plat. in fact i am probably screwing myself by even pointing these prices out but if its for the greater good then fine, ill adjust ... now if you told me that eventually you are going to have one ah for ALL shards then fine leave it alone and finish the process of making one AH for all shards but if the devs have no intentions of doing that for one reason or another the PLEASE make AH lows prices be freshed at the start of EVERY toon log in ...

    its bad enough that we all need to put up with the idiots that feel if the slash there price of a given mat by some insane amount, that there product will move that much faster (news flash, it don't ... all your doing is messing up AH for whole for everyone else. if you have that much product then give it to your guild members) ... i don't want to battle those people and at the same time battle the mechanics of how the game works as well ... ether refresh prices on every toon log in or finish the process of making one AH for all shards ...

    ... i hope my log winded rant makes sense. if anyone has anything they want to add or clarify then feel free ...

    Hey there! So first please don't knock other people down for not knowing to logout before switching shards to refresh AH prices! Secondly I'll add it as a suggestion and a bug separately since it is an issue to be fixed or a task to be completed! I appreciate your report!

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    its bad enough that we all need to put up with the people that feel if they slash there price of a given mat by some insane amount, that there product will move that much faster (news flash, it don't ... all your doing is messing up AH as a whole for everyone else. if you have that much product then give it to your guild members) ... i don't want to battle those people and at the same time battle the mechanics of how the game works as well
    You do realize how an auction works right (well more of a Dutch auction in the case of Rift's AH)? If you don't like that the price is so low purchase up all the low priced items and re-post at the higher price you think they should be at. You will then have to compete with other players that under cut your offer but again, that is the nature of an auction.

    The only time it is silly to overly under cut an offer is if you are offering it at a price below the store buy back price. If you do that though you are only hurting yourself and giving another player free plat.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    You do realize how an auction works right (well more of a Dutch auction in the case of Rift's AH)? If you don't like that the price is so low purchase up all the low priced items and re-post at the higher price you think they should be at. You will then have to compete with other players that under cut your offer but again, that is the nature of an auction.

    The only time it is silly to overly under cut an offer is if you are offering it at a price below the store buy back price. If you do that though you are only hurting yourself and giving another player free plat.

    I believe they are talking about not logging out and logging in seeing the suggested price as half if less than what it normally is on the shard itself because the suggested price for it doesn't refresh? Thus the subsequent auctions going off of suggested prices would mean a large tank for items that might have higher availability on another server.

  5. #5
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    937

    Default

    ^^^

    See the section I quoted. It was a complaint that "we all need to put up with the people that feel if they slash there price of a given mat by some insane amount, that there product will move that much faster". That is the part that I was saying is just part and parcel of any auction.

    I didn't quote the part about the refresh bug since that is a legitimate complaint.

  6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Community Manager Taerentym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    ^^^

    See the section I quoted. It was a complaint that "we all need to put up with the people that feel if they slash there price of a given mat by some insane amount, that there product will move that much faster". That is the part that I was saying is just part and parcel of any auction.

    I didn't quote the part about the refresh bug since that is a legitimate complaint.

    I feel as if the price gets slashed just because of people might be unaware of it being the legitimate issue it is, as some people might not notice login and sell crabs for 50g each go on another server to sell more crabs and it turns out you cut the next person's sale by half just for forgetting or not knowing to log out if you know what I mean It's a legitimate reason as I wasn't aware until I had brought it to the team!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts