+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: add to friends list ...

Default add to friends list ...

any chance we could get a "add friend" or "add to friend list" to right click menu when you right click someone in chat? ... what that would do is simply add person to your friends list.
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    any chance we could get a "add friend" or "add to friend list" to right click menu when you right click someone in chat? ... what that would do is simply add person to your friends list.

I've gone how long without noticing? Man I'm oblivious, I'll add it as a suggestion indefinitely! (It also makes me want to hop in game and see for myself, if there is an add friend button I'll definitely show you!)

there is an easy add friend but you have to group up with the person and then right click their portrait (which gives you many more options than left clicking their name in chat)

you can also type in /friend name
    which is fine, but not great if you are in a rush

adding it to the left click in chat menu is an awesome idea

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    there is an easy add friend but you have to group up with the person and then right click their portrait (which gives you many more options than left clicking their name in chat)

you can also type in /friend name
    which is fine, but not great if you are in a rush

adding it to the left click in chat menu is an awesome idea

I definitely agree! I would love to see that! Hopefully simple QoL for our Dev team!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    I definitely agree! I would love to see that! Hopefully simple QoL for our Dev team!
    While on the subject, could we make the friends list account wide, the way ignore works? I.E. adds firends+alts to all of your characters?

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    While on the subject, could we make the friends list account wide, the way ignore works? I.E. adds firends+alts to all of your characters?
    making friends account wide may not be a bad idea but please do not make it so someones alts automatically gets added. that would get used to troll someone with eventually. some of us has tons of alts and i don't feel that they should know who they all are just because they friended one person. seriously i'm sure there are guild leaders and other very popular people that appreciate the idea that they can fly under neath someones radar and simply play with a alt if they so choose ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 01-13-2020 at 07:45 AM.
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

I definitely support! However maybe not alts (but make a checkbox for it or an "Import Alts as Friends" button might be a good medium!)

making friends account wide may not be a bad idea but please do not make it so someones alts automatically gets added. that would get used to troll someone with eventually. some of us has tons of alts and i don't feel that they should know who they all are just because they friended one person. seriously i'm sure there are guild leaders and other very popular people that appreciate the idea that they can fly under neath someones radar and simply play with a alt if they so choose ...

I agree with this as well, adding a bunch of alts also might clog up your friends list to where you might not even find the people you are looking for! (Because on NA you can have a ridiculous amount of alts just because more shards in this theoretical instance) however making these buttons also won't obligate you to have anyone on your friends lists (might cost a couple/few more clicks but it will save a lot of typing or clicking adding to friends lists through chats!)

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    (but make a checkbox for it or an "Import Alts as Friends" button might be a good medium!)
    i honestly wouldnt even have that because we both know there are certain people that would love nothing more than to know exactly when certain people logs with ANY of there alts and that check would give them all the tools needed to troll anyone they choose to ...

unless, you put the check mark in the social settings somehow so the user making the alt has the control whether they are included with the rest of there toons ... like maybe a "group this toon with all my toons" check box ? ... or something to that effect?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

i honestly wouldnt even have that because we both know there are certain people that would love nothing more than to know exactly when certain people logs with ANY of there alts and that check would give them all the tools needed to troll anyone they choose to ...

unless, you put the check mark in the social settings somehow so the user making the alt has the control whether they are included with the rest of there toons ... like maybe a "group this toon with all my toons" check box ? ... or something to that effect?

Ah I meant in the sense that you add all of your alts, not the ability for users to add all of your alts (you definitely would want confirmation on that)! It might make things a little awkward if you wish to be with separate guilds for an example if it's considered competitive to yours! As if the user wished for you to know alts you could always tell them however definitely importing friends saves some clicking and clacking! (Also if this is not what you mean sorry for reading into it completely wrong!)

I would like to add something which is re: the ignore list, kinda along the same path...

Since /ignore is account-wide, and if you add someone, their alts are auto-added to ignore, I was hoping there could be a way to remove a person from that ignore list a bit more simpler than it is setup now.

Right now, you might have added a main and it would be under his name, which you will not know if this person is on an alt and you wish to clear this person. So, would there be some easier way to perhaps add in a method so that whatever toon that person is on (alt or main) you can type in like: /unignore NAMEOFCURRENTTOON.

For me, who has a large ignore list and others I have seen this happen to...

Example: You have a person in the group you wish to take off of ignore, but you have no idea which toon you originally put on ignore, so you have no way to do this, unless you like get into discord and go over every name you have and ask if that is his/hers. I think it would be quicker since it is account-wide to simply /unignore that person and it unlocks their whole account from being ignored.

No comments about why some people have big ignore lists. its part of the game. be constructive
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    I would like to add something which is re: the ignore list, kinda along the same path...

Since /ignore is account-wide, and if you add someone, their alts are auto-added to ignore, I was hoping there could be a way to remove a person from that ignore list a bit more simpler than it is setup now.

Right now, you might have added a main and it would be under his name, which you will not know if this person is on an alt and you wish to clear this person. So, would there be some easier way to perhaps add in a method so that whatever toon that person is on (alt or main) you can type in like: /unignore NAMEOFCURRENTTOON.

For me, who has a large ignore list and others I have seen this happen to...

Example: You have a person in the group you wish to take off of ignore, but you have no idea which toon you originally put on ignore, so you have no way to do this, unless you like get into discord and go over every name you have and ask if that is his/hers. I think it would be quicker since it is account-wide to simply /unignore that person and it unlocks their whole account from being ignored.

No comments about why some people have big ignore lists. its part of the game. be constructive

Added as a suggestion as I too have run into the complexity of the ignore system (prior to me working on RIFT) I used the "report and ignore feature" however I reported them as I would imagine other people have reported this user but also I didn't wish to ignore them in case they had knowledge that might help out someone who was just starting or still learning. Anyone could help in RIFT definitely but it doesn't mean that unignoring someone should be this difficult if you need to!

Telaran

Make an expanding list for every name entry

So I see “Tom” is online but I don’t know who Tom is, but I can click the little arrow next to Tom’s name and see Tom is actually “Dick”, and my raid groups “Harry”. I run several raid groups and it is a chore to keep up with everyone’s alt on every alt of mine.

To others point maybe add an option for a stealth toon in the social tab, it is a non issue for me I don’t troll people, and don’t attract enough drama to be trolled myself. I don’t know your particular situation but if this is a major concern for you, you may want to consider how your own behavior may contribute to this.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Make an expanding list for every name entry

So I see “Tom” is online but I don’t know who Tom is, but I can click the little arrow next to Tom’s name and see Tom is actually “Dick”, and my raid groups “Harry”. I run several raid groups and it is a chore to keep up with everyone’s alt on every alt of mine.

To others point maybe add an option for a stealth toon in the social tab, it is a non issue for me I don’t troll people, and don’t attract enough drama to be trolled myself. I don’t know your particular situation but if this is a major concern for you, you may want to consider how your own behavior may contribute to this.

In this regard, maybe have sortable folders in regards to friends? Adding sub-categories to which you can name yourself to help you remember who "Caitlyn" is in regards to alts or name it "Raid" for your normal raid group and add people to this sub-category "Raid2" for you backup etc. (Which doing this could actually make it a lot easier especially if you can categorize multiple people into different groups as "Kyle" can have his own list of Alts and be in Raid2).

i wasn't going to add anything else to this thread cuz i got my original point across and am very happy others are reading the idea and even adding or putting there two cents on subject in the thread but i kinda feel like i need to clarify on the above comment ...

unless I'm mis reading the comment above you make it sound as tho if your logging in stealth then maybe you did something wrong and therefor you should think of composing yourself differently so you don't get into that next time. but that is not at all of why i wanted to log in a toon stealth, in fact that was the farthest thing on my mind and that was my fault cuz i phrased it as trolling in my post above you.

maybe you are a guild leader/fan site operator/You Tuber/Gamigo employee or something else and just want some alone time with game with out everyone being alerted that you are on one of your alts? maybe you are getting over a bad relationship or divorce and trying to distance yourself from your old crowd or just don't want your ex knowing every time you log in? same situation for kids, maybe they want to turn over a new leaf for whatever reason but don't want to give up playing rift or go thru the hassle of making a new account just to put some space between them and there previous friends? i could give a lot of examples of why someone would want to log in stealth but i wont cuz I'm assuming you got the idea now. it doesnt have to be because your guilty of something. i never did CS position for anyone but i can almost see someone contacting CS and asking can they remove them self from there ex husbands friends list so they can continue to play rift without him being alerted as soon as they log in. i just think it will be very handy to have something already in place so all CS has to do is say put a check mark in 'such and such box', in your social tab in settings, and the fact your listed on someone else's friends list wont mean anything for that toon in question ... it gives a bit more control to the user logging in over who has them listed on the other's friend's list, as it should be ...

Telaran

unless I'm mis reading the comment above you make it sound as tho if your logging in stealth then maybe you did something wrong and therefor you should think of composing yourself differently so you don't get into that next time. but that is not at all of why i wanted to log in a toon stealth, in fact that was the farthest thing on my mind and that was my fault cuz i phrased it as trolling in my post above you.
    I was responding to your comment about

"i honestly wouldnt even have that because we both know there are certain people that would love nothing more than to know exactly when certain people logs with ANY of there alts and that check would give them all the tools needed to troll anyone"

I can understand there are reasons why you may want a stealth toon you can log on and just zone out, I was more referring to the drama queens like a certain someone who if you play on NA i don't even have to say her name who has hundreds of people on ignore maintains a database of why so in so is on ignore, some of them for simply joining a guild that knows nothing about her and have never even talked to her, shares why she ignores people to anyone who will entertain her, maintains a network of spies, and shadow accounts to track people she perceives slighted her. and then launches attacks against them in cross events, and attempts to get others to also ignore them, who also may have also never even spoken to the now ignored person.

That type of person is toxic and deserves to be trolled, invite it upon themselves and ultimately secretly desire it, because they get the attention they clearly do not in real life.

There are a plethora of tools to not be bothered by others already turn off whispers, move whispers to their own chat box you dont have to look at unless you want to, ignore people, turn off CE, and other public chats, and set your status to afk, which auto rejects unwanted party invites and informs others you are away or otherwise not available to chat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast