+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: add to friends list ...

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I was responding to your comment about

"i honestly wouldnt even have that because we both know there are certain people that would love nothing more than to know exactly when certain people logs with ANY of there alts and that check would give them all the tools needed to troll anyone"

I can understand there are reasons why you may want a stealth toon you can log on and just zone out, I was more referring to the drama queens like a certain someone who if you play on NA i don't even have to say her name who has hundreds of people on ignore maintains a database of why so in so is on ignore, some of them for simply joining a guild that knows nothing about her and have never even talked to her, shares why she ignores people to anyone who will entertain her, maintains a network of spies, and shadow accounts to track people she perceives slighted her. and then launches attacks against them in cross events, and attempts to get others to also ignore them, who also may have also never even spoken to the now ignored person.

That type of person is toxic and deserves to be trolled, invite it upon themselves and ultimately secretly desire it, because they get the attention they clearly do not in real life.

There are a plethora of tools to not be bothered by others already turn off whispers, move whispers to their own chat box you dont have to look at unless you want to, ignore people, turn off CE, and other public chats, and set your status to afk, which auto rejects unwanted party invites and informs others you are away or otherwise not available to chat.

No one deserves to be trolled first off, second off I know you didn't say the user's name however please do not direct comments to people, as I know users do create attacks, until I can find myself some free time from other duties you can always reach out to me in regards to attacks for me to handle them as I'm often available day to night US time!

> Me logging in on some random alt in some random dimension
    > Recieving a random guild invite by *you know who*
    > Person has me on the ignore list

\_(ツ)_/

Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

Rift Master

I would request an additional feature: if someone is on my ignore list they don't get to summon me, invite me into a group, or trade with me. All of those should be turned off by default.

Further, a "stealth me" button in your settings could solve the problem of being on anybody's friend's list if one wanted to be antisocial or just be left alone. Should be per character though.

Lastly, being able to group friends by whatever toon we designate in our mind as their "main / most important / dude I know" would be great! So that if I know "Tom" and then he tells me that "Dick" and "Harry" are his alts, I can group the later two under "Tom".

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    I definitely support! However maybe not alts (but make a checkbox for it or an "Import Alts as Friends" button might be a good medium!)

I agree with this as well, adding a bunch of alts also might clog up your friends list to where you might not even find the people you are looking for! (Because on NA you can have a ridiculous amount of alts just because more shards in this theoretical instance) however making these buttons also won't obligate you to have anyone on your friends lists (might cost a couple/few more clicks but it will save a lot of typing or clicking adding to friends lists through chats!)
    I like these. There have also been other ideas later in this thread (building on existing discussions) that should be considered.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

I added the block users from proceeding with actions that are on the ignore list already to the list to bring up to our team!

I think I remember some command called /Anon or something in the Everquest game.. Perhaps you could add that in if people want to go anonymous? It didn't allow you to see anything but that person's name logging in, i believe, so no guild, no zone, etc. etc. Just a thought

Also, some people do purge ignore lists.. What about a command, if there is NOT one already to remove everyone from the ignore list.. like /clearignorelist ?

You have a command now that is something like /clearfriendslist which removes all friends, I think this /clearignorelist would work out well to remove all people on ignore?

One other thing perhaps.
    Could you include in the IMPORT feature a /import friends?

If you do figure out a way where all the people on a friend's list are populated by account-bound methods, then this last idea doesn't matter

Just some thoughts
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2