+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 2 Post By Taerentym
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 2 Post By Taerentym

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mariel-Taun Ideas

Default Mariel-Taun Ideas

For those of you who work for Gamingo who are new here is some small information about Mariel-Taun. Mariel-Taun is like Valentine's day. It is the day for love and weddings and showing not only your significant other love but your awesome friends. I do not know the actual lore. I wish I did.

Normally we get a silly find the love bug quest. It is a very small holiday compared to the others. I would like to just add a small expansion to it. A vendor who sits in town cute little pink stall. Have it sell little Mariel-Taun gifts. Like any new or old luv mounts, costumes what evers.

Then of coarse the whole point from me, dimension item gifts. Things like reskinned balloons in red, pink, and white any order. Maybe some new single balloons instead of only bouquets. Heart balloons in singles and bouquets. Roses red, pink, white in singles and dozens. A stuffed luv bug would be amazing. Little chocolate heart candy boxes open and closed. Heart pillows. We could buy them with planerite or void stones so even the littles could get in on the fun
    Not asking for new currency or crazy quest lines. Just something cute and fun for the one week to look at and stop by.

Looks at you with sad puppy eyes. You know because we had broken hearts for Autumn Harvest and Fae Yule with no dim items Maybe someone could see it in thier hearts for Mariel-Taun to give us something , even just one thing.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    For those of you who work for Gamingo who are new here is some small information about Mariel-Taun. Mariel-Taun is like Valentine's day. It is the day for love and weddings and showing not only your significant other love but your awesome friends. I do not know the actual lore. I wish I did.

Normally we get a silly find the love bug quest. It is a very small holiday compared to the others. I would like to just add a small expansion to it. A vendor who sits in town cute little pink stall. Have it sell little Mariel-Taun gifts. Like any new or old luv mounts, costumes what evers.

Then of coarse the whole point from me, dimension item gifts. Things like reskinned balloons in red, pink, and white any order. Maybe some new single balloons instead of only bouquets. Heart balloons in singles and bouquets. Roses red, pink, white in singles and dozens. A stuffed luv bug would be amazing. Little chocolate heart candy boxes open and closed. Heart pillows. We could buy them with planerite or void stones so even the littles could get in on the fun
    Not asking for new currency or crazy quest lines. Just something cute and fun for the one week to look at and stop by.

Looks at you with sad puppy eyes. You know because we had broken hearts for Autumn Harvest and Fae Yule with no dim items Maybe someone could see it in thier hearts for Mariel-Taun to give us something , even just one thing.

Hey there Kitasia! I'll bring it up to the team and hopefully we can get this all sorted out before Mariel-Taun!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Pretty easy to find things on google about Marien-Taul.

Even all these years later I find it weird it was removed, I bet someone messed something internal up and it was easier to just remove it all together. I even remember in 2015 it just never appeared without anything official being said. Folks asked about it to no avail, but there was responses the following year yet no reason why.

Odd right? Have a record setting guiness book of records event, update it every year then poof gone - just like that and not a word about it.

That was the beginning of wheels falling off where something breaks, no fixes can be found, say nothing or do right by your customers and explain why just keep going.

For an mmorpg to not have a valentines event, it just seems like a carelessly missed opportunity but more than that Marien-Taul herself is stunning lore for players to enjoy.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 12:36 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Pretty easy to find things on google about Marien-Taul.

Even all these years later I find it weird it was removed, I bet someone messed something internal up and it was easier to just remove it all together. I even remember in 2015 it just never appeared without anything official being said. Folks asked about it to no avail, but there was responses the following year yet no reason why.

Odd right? Have a record setting guiness book of records event, update it every year then poof gone - just like that and not a word about it.

That was the beginning of wheels falling off where something breaks, no fixes can be found, say nothing or do right by your customers and explain why just keep going.

For an mmorpg to not have a valentines event, it just seems like a carelessly missed opportunity but more than that Marien-Taul herself is stunning lore for players to enjoy.

Now hearing it's mysterious disappearance I'll actually have to ask the team to make sure we even have the ability to! As it's disappearance could mean that it might have gotten broken along the way!

Telaran

If we are going to have a "valentines day" event could we also look into the old roman holiday of "CARNIS dies officium et ictu"

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    If we are going to have a "valentines day" event could we also look into the old roman holiday of "CARNIS dies officium et ictu"
    You can't google that without tons of text that can't be translated so might need to give more context of what that actually is

- and its not a matter of "if we are going to," its a matter of "what happened to and can it be revitalized even just for dimensions?"
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-10-2020 at 02:46 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

After asking the team about it, there were some severe bugs regarding a quest during Mariel-Taun that had caused issues? (I wouldn't know about it as it was before my time.) Although we are unsure about it being still functional as an event, it being brought up now might cause further investigation of Mariel-Taun and it's sudden disappearance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You can't google that without tons of text that can't be translated so might need to give more context of what that actually is
    I didn't realize it was that hard to to type "translate: CARNIS dies officium et ictu" into google. As this was a joke, I won't spoil the punchline but you can look up march 14th for a laugh

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I didn't realize it was that hard to to type "translate: CARNIS dies officium et ictu" into google. As this was a joke, I won't spoil the punchline but you can look up march 14th for a laugh
    It's all good, moved on from the subject already and since its a joke and nothing to do with the subject no harm none.

Plane Touched

It's disappointing to hear that the Mariel-Taun event is bugged. It could still be observed in other ways not requiring a major bug fix or even a change to the game such as a Costume contest, a mount giveaway, a Dimension contest or even a mass wedding event. The last two might even be combined in a contest to create a Dimension for a destination wedding.

Some existing Valentine-type items might be offered in the Rift store such as Love Bug potion and the Budgie or Unicorn mounts.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    It's disappointing to hear that the Mariel-Taun event is bugged. It could still be observed in other ways not requiring a major bug fix or even a change to the game such as a Costume contest, a mount giveaway, a Dimension contest or even a mass wedding event. The last two might even be combined in a contest to create a Dimension for a destination wedding.

Some existing Valentine-type items might be offered in the Rift store such as Love Bug potion and the Budgie or Unicorn mounts.

I would love to experience Mariel-Taun myself! As I like all of the events and the potential lore it brings behind events and the community's feelings behind said events (I might not be the biggest dimensionaddict (get it kitasia?) however I like to delve deep into lore)!

EDIT: Also I forgot the other like third of your post, I'll definitely ask the team about a contest we might be able to run, I'm hoping we are able to start an event of some sort! Also I appreciate your suggestion on making items offered in the RIFT store once more, I'm sure some people would appreciate those items for sure, as I would imagine since the event was retired/bugged the items might have not made it back in the store for some time (however I wasn't here for the last Mariel-Taun).
    Last edited by Taerentym; 01-15-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Default downtime

Get your **** together Gamigo

+ Reply to Thread