+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lombry
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 2 Post By Rhipf
  • 1 Post By KaterinaAmaranth

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fix fragments creepiness: make them swapable!

Soulwalker

Default Fix fragments creepiness: make them swapable!

OK, so I think about everyone is having a headhache when it comes to fragments and the main reason is how the system does not allow for failures passed a certain point.

Never encountered these situations?
    1. Oups. I placed my ubber fragment in the wrong Set by mistake (Happened to me 3 times actually). How do I move it back to where it belongs? Well you cannot.
    2. Well that's a potentially interesting fragment but hey I have a not too bad level 15 infused fragment already. I'm not going to take the risk so just dez this new one.

Rings a bell? Well, this has created a situation where you end up waiting for the perfect fragment and nothing else and are in absolute doubt when intending to replace a fully infused fragment. This is an absolutely daunting task for rookies and casual players. And, by my own observations, this has obviously created a rift between players "that know" and "those that don't".

Suprisingly enough, these problems actually have an easy fix! So here is a simple QoL suggestion for the dev team, simple to implement and with a huge impact on the fragment way of life: make the fragment swapable between Fragments sets (and maybe within sets - see last section)

So how does it work? Here is the detailed scenario.

Initial state and conditions
    • The player has two sets filled with fragments, most of them are a bit below Best in Slot.
    • The player has a 3rd set that will be used for swap candidates nuturing. He called it Nursery.
    • The player has an Epic Earth fragment candidate for replacement of the second Earth fragment he has in his first fragments set (the location of the fragment to be replaced will be called S1). The simmetrical position in the 3rd set, the fragment candidate one, will be called S3.

Use case scenario
    1. The player drops the Epic Earth fragment in S3 as it may become neater than the one he has in S1.
    2. The player infuses the fragment in S3 to level 12 and it turns to be better than the one in S1.
    3. The player uses the UI to swap the fragment in S1 and S3.
    4. A message box [informs/asks for confirmation] (your choice of implementation here) about the information to be performed.
    5. Both fragments are swapped: the one in S1 is moved to S3 and the one that used to be in S3 is now in S1.
    6. The fragment now in S3 may be destroyed by the player using the in-game feature if he intend to do so.

Acceptance criteria
    • I can swap two fragments of same type, whatever their infusion level or abilities
    • I can swap a fragment to an empty slot but will be warned when about to do so
    • No fragment is destroyed when swaping

This is a minimal implementation. A full implementation would allow to swap between positions that are not aligned in a symmetrical manner. This may end up making it possible to exchange two fragments of the same type from the same set as this would give total control of the positions of the fragments when combined with the exchange of fragments between sets.
    Last edited by Lombry; 01-02-2020 at 03:23 AM.

Soulwalker

OK so my guild master just informed me that you can infuse fragments out of any Fragment set. I mean the suggestion has little value once you know that fact but damn who actually knows that? This might stay here just to inform the players that such feature actually exists in the game.
    Last edited by Lombry; 01-02-2020 at 08:12 AM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

This is still a suggestion we will take in and talk about never the less to be a little more friendly to newer users starting on their fragments!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lombry View Post
    OK so my guild master just informed me that you can infuse fragments out of any Fragment set. I mean the suggestion has little value once you know that fact but damn who actually knows that? This might stay here just to inform the players that such feature actually exists in the game.
    How? I haven't seen any mechanism other than equipping them into one of the spots.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    How? I haven't seen any mechanism other than equipping them into one of the spots.
    Go into the "Fragment Inventory" tab instead of the "Planar Fragments" tab. Select a fragment and the upgrade window pops up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Go into the "Fragment Inventory" tab instead of the "Planar Fragments" tab. Select a fragment and the upgrade window pops up.
    Thanks *smiles*

yes I have fully infused most replacements before risking replacement to make sure they come out with better 5 stat setup first and then make sure they meet or beat the stats currently equipped in total value as well so I am not dropping stats while working to infuse them since it still takes forever while earning the plats and getting the cores needed

+ Reply to Thread