• 2 Post By Merlin666
  • 1 Post By beefy1212
  • 2 Post By Ambrodel
  • 2 Post By Grimmsie
  • 1 Post By Taerentym
  • 1 Post By Rhipf
  • 3 Post By Hersheykisses
  • 2 Post By Hersheykisses

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: climbing mountains etc

Soulwalker

Default climbing mountains etc

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but can you give us back the ability to climb mountains and stuff? some quests are sooo much easier to do if we can do that. without it we die a lot more and its exasperating. Please put it back? thank you.

I just noticed that when I got back to playing. Yes, it would be much easier if we could climb mountains and stuff again. Great Idea!

no-no, there was a totally legit reason for taking out (it was only bug that you were even able to climb but now that bug has been fixed). manipulating your jumps to get around is part of the game and all us old timers did it just fine. this wont return but i know there are some people that would like it to ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    manipulating your jumps to get around is part of the game ...
    In other words, I know how to still get around it (or claim too), and I prefer to make it obnoxious for everyone else.

Dont be a

climbing mountains etc-various-type-tools-white-600w-306035453.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by beefy1212 View Post
    I prefer to make it obnoxious for everyone else.
    Got nothing to do with that. This is how the game is meant to be played. Yes, it was so much easier with the bug. Yes, many of us would like it back. But no, it's not intended to be done like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

It was mainly taken away because of PVP grief, shame, because it was making things easier for PvErs....

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmsie View Post
    It was mainly taken away because of PVP grief, shame, because it was making things easier for PvErs....

Just because everything was easier doesn't make it impossible though 😉😉

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    Just because it is possible doesn't mean it's enjoyable.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Just because it is possible doesn't mean it's enjoyable.
    so if i understand this correctly, you can no longer enjoy the game because you can't cheat in pvp like you use to? ... or scale the outside of the main building in sanctum? ... or scale the side of a cliff? ... shame, shame shame on Gamigo for making you walk 5-10 feet farther so you can go around then up said object!!

you know, a lot of people enjoyed the game just fine before the jump bug and all the players that knew how to get around, and are still enjoying the game just fine. the real issue for most of you is that you were spoiled, and now they took it away from you so now you cant get all the hard to reach arties like you were able to with bug ... stop trying make this into something its not, most of us are enjoying the game as it is, with the current set of fixes from devs ....

EDIT: this is posted from Merlin666 - i didn't realized i accidentally logged in my alt account to post this
    Last edited by Shadonet; 01-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taerentym View Post
    Try confounding contraptions achievement without help from anyone without the jump bug and let me know how much you miss it and then wonder if they can make it work outside PvP just fine if they know how they broke and fixed it already

making the game more convenient is crucial to keeping your player base

oh and heads up PvP has sucked since the removal of pvp gear after Storm Legion and hasn't recovered since, mountain climbing is WAY more favorable than appealing to the worst aspect of the game in the past 5yrs

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    Try confounding contraptions achievement without help from anyone without the jump bug and let me know how much you miss it and then wonder if they can make it work outside PvP just fine if they know how they broke and fixed it already
    I did it on 4 or 5 char before the bug was even introduced to the game, and it was fun, a few are tricky, but that's part of the enjoyment, if everything was easy, it wouldn't feel worthwhile. It's 110 boxes, and just running up to and collecting them all without any sort of challenge would just be a very boring and long scavenger hunt.
    May the frogue be with you.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shadonet View Post
    so if i understand this correctly, you can no longer enjoy the game because you can't cheat in pvp like you use to?
    I don't PvP so I didn't use the jump bug to cheat in PvP.

... or scale the outside of the main building in sanctum?
    Does it really hurt anyone if I can scale the buildings in the main cities?

... or scale the side of a cliff? ... shame, shame shame on Gamigo for making you walk 5-10 feet farther so you can go around then up said object!!
    It isn't the 5-10 feet difference that I mind it is the fact that without the jump bug there are a lot of areas that I need to go half the map out of my way instead of just letting me jump that extra foot or two higher up a slope. It would be best if they could just fix these areas to make them more logical as to where you can and can't jump to but since there are so many illogical places where you should be able to jump and you can't the jump bug was a nice work around. Does it make the game impossible to play without the bug? No. Just not as enjoyable (for me) as it was with the bug.

most of us are enjoying the game as it is, with the current set of fixes from devs ....
    I'm not sure if most players are enjoying the game without the jump bug or if more players enjoyed the game better with the bug but will defer this point to you. I will also concede that micro-managing your jumps is part of the game it just isn't a part of the game that I particularly care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersheykisses View Post
    I did it on 4 or 5 char before the bug was even introduced to the game, and it was fun, a few are tricky, but that's part of the enjoyment, if everything was easy, it wouldn't feel worthwhile. It's 110 boxes, and just running up to and collecting them all without any sort of challenge would just be a very boring and long scavenger hunt.
    hehe I was the third to complete it on Prime without all the Live toys to aid me, let me know if you ever figure out how to replicate that terror lol. yes I enjoyed the challenge when it was a challenge event, not so much when farming them for the plats on my alts of which I have taken through 9 thus far seeing as max benefit is at 70

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    hehe I was the third to complete it on Prime without all the Live toys to aid me, let me know if you ever figure out how to replicate that terror lol. yes I enjoyed the challenge when it was a challenge event, not so much when farming them for the plats on my alts of which I have taken through 9 thus far seeing as max benefit is at 70
    Nice. I was one of the first to complete it on Greybriar, the only one I used anything other than Mem Cap (just for an easy reset, saves gobs of time) for was the one in Silverwood that's on the tip of the bridge leaning against the tree. Otherwise, a lot of trial and error. XD After doing it once on my main, I completed it on my other account (a Dwarf Cleric without any of the toys or tools) in about 6 hours. For me, that achievement was basically learn how to do it once and then you can just hop through it on other char, like with the help of angelic flight on one of my high elves I got it to less than 4 hours for all the boxes. But yea, I keep debating whether or not I want to do it on all my 70s, it is a nice chunk of plat, but I have dims to build and dailies to do. hehe

As for replicating that terror, I remember in Tok's getting all the way to the top of the pyramid, slipping on one of the stairs leading to the very top that leads to the invisible bridge to the chest, and then falling all the way down and needing to restart with the exception of marking the dominoes the correct number. That wasn't particularly fun, but, oh well. XD
    May the frogue be with you.

Confounding contraptions were always meant to be really really hard, and there are guides to help you with them.

I wasn't going to do them until the jump bug came in, then I went for it :P

Yes, people like me took advantage of it to make some achievements a lot easier, but it's a good thing that the bugs gone. Just enjoy the challenge now or don't, simple, but don't complain, it's nonsensical.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread