• 2 Post By Hokhmah
  • 2 Post By Shas
  • 2 Post By Elitizt
  • 1 Post By Shas
  • 2 Post By Bamul

Thread: Challenging Encounter ?

Rift Chaser

Default Challenging Encounter ?

We didn't have any new content since a really long time now, mostly because it's hard to create and balance a new raid with the current dev team not being as big as the previous one when BoS was launched.

I'll start by saying : for me , looting isn't important at all, with our current gear level it's more than fine we don't need a new T3 gear. But what player want the most is some new bosses to hit, to see others things than BoS.
    The current 32-bit system don't allow us to have a boss HP pool higher than azranel one, maybe a bit more but that don't matter that much. One way to make fight longer without more hp , could result in a "isiel shield" type of spell bosses have for the entire fight, something like 70% reduce damage taken, no purgeable.

The idea would be :
    - take an old 10man raid (even a 20man one , we can deal with some mecanics with 10 players anyway)
    - boost everything at azranel lvl (hp and damage)For example the boss at lvl 50 had 1 million hp and azranel have 2 billion hp, buff boss with a 2000% health increase for this raid. Same goes for damage , at lvl 50 tanks had around 15k hp, now tanks have 800k hp. We have 53 times more hp than before , increase boss damage by 5300%.
    - Add the previous 60 to 80% reduce damage taken buff depending on the difficulty the you want the raid to be.
    - Give us intel as reward and it's all good. Eve skins is enough for those who don't have all of them.

Those bosses will be harder than BoS bosses , with new mecanics we currently don't have in the 70 raids.
    Most people ask for intrepid raids , so doing old content again shouldn't be an issue if they are implemented as lvl 70 raids.
    Most people want challenge , BoS became way too easy after the damage/hp nerf it get, with this it would be easier to create challenging content. (i didn't say easy , but easier than a balanced raid every one can clean once it's out. They should be challenging/nearly impossible that's the hard endgame spirit ;) .)
    I don't care if we can't even kill the boss because of mecanics or enrage timer being too short, but at least we will have fun challenging those bosses while trying to still kill them. And small nerf could come after in term of priority (reducing health from 2000% for 50 raids to 1900% untill we can kill it.).
    It could be a solution without changing the mecanics of those fight and only messing with damage and hp value.

Lot's of idea were given for new content , here is mine add on top of them.
    Feel free to say what you think of it, adding new idea to this without them being too difficult.

Have fun in telera.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 11-21-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Pseudo support, Prima raiding specs
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask on Discord, In Game, on my specs guides or via private message. There is also a Prima Q&A to ask your questions or find some answers.

Rift Disciple

So here's the problem I've encountered whenever discussing this amoungst some friends and guildies, people want to feel like they are progressing, if you do the damage reduction route then people won't be doing as much dps and so they won't feel like they're getting stronger/better with their char.
    My Dad and I were talking about this a few days ago, and he suggested using a shield system instead of a damage reduction, people will still do their amount of dps, and the bosses will effectively have more hp.
    May the frogue be with you.

Rift Chaser

A shield system could indeed work as well.
    Progression can also be seen as how many hp left on the boss. How fast you can kill it.
    I know for some dps is what matter the most, but it shouldn't be that high to begin with , so virtually reducing it is the idea i came with.
    Yes you'll do 1.8m dps on BoS , but we can see as a different type of encounter where dps is lower and you'll have a progression for those specific type of encounter.

But again a shield system could be a nice idea too. Both work as long as bosses are long enough to kill, do there mecanics and really hard
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht
    Discord : Zyggiha#2277 , I can help for everything related to primalist , feel free to ask on Discord, In Game, on my specs guides or via private message. There is also a Prima Q&A to ask your questions or find some answers.

Champion of Telara

I'd be happy about any kind of raid content. If it's up to me, Gamigo could completely remove the enrage timer so that any group setup/pug can clear a raid. Groups looking for a challenge can then fight it out for best times on the leaderboard. For me, the most fun would be to find the perfect raid setup for each encounter and try out new strategies.

im not sure if i agree with enrage timer being removed. rage timer prevents the battle from exceeding a reasonable time frame, if your group aint up to it then they get wiped. if the timer not there then the healer and tank would just keep everything going till the others DPS it down even if the battle takes 10x longer ... the enrage timer needs to be kept in.
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Rift Disciple

Agreed in that both ideas work, that's just what's been discussed amoungst friends and guildies, I like the idea of having 1 boss with damage reduction and another with a shield, like alternating them both, it all works, and yea, just having a new boss/raid to fight would be nice, and might even bring me out of raiding retirement.

Idk how I feel about removing enrage timers, maybe being lenient with them since most players are casuals now, but completely removing means that you have 5 tanks and 5 healers and the boss will die, eventually..... one day, maybe. XD Although it would allow people to play any spec they wanted, I remember a few years having a friend that only played necromancer and refused to learn any other spec, so, he was never brought to any raids because, well, necro sucks.
    May the frogue be with you.

Rift Chaser

Increasing enrage timer to 15min instead of 8min could also work.
    It will help more casual player to kill bosses, and won't make the fight last 3hours. And for veteran/high dps players , it won't matter anyway.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht

Boss healing for 8mil / sec should do the trick really.

This whole progress stuff is a lie everyone put onto himself. If it keeps people engaged, make the endboss impossible to kill. Also make the raid drop T5 Fragments - the one gear piece literaly nobody can claim to have bis-ed out.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Rift Chaser

The thing about healing is you could reduce it by 35% with twisted soul (major) so it will make the fight easier for some group not having this debuff. A shield or damage reduce could prevent this i guess.
    Hokhmah@Brutwacht

I've thought about this a lot and suggested a similar idea to my friends before.
    I like the idea of harder content coming from anywhere, even if it's recycled.

BUT What The game really needs are more farmable Raids like TDez. Taking a few old outdated raid and revamping them to something like TDez would create a ton of interest/intrigue. Making them farmable would give people something to grind out everyday instead of Once, one time a week. It would help the game seem not so stale and buy some time while(if) an actual expansion or T3 raids are being finished.

They could/should drop things like:
    Captured Intel
    An acceptable amount of Planarite
    DECENT OFFHAND FOR DUAL WIELDERS
    Gear that helps fresh 70's get up and running
    Maybe even Legion Datagrams at this point or Storm cells(or something new like "Storm Cell Shards" that you need to collect 10 or 20 of to combine to create a Storm Cell)
    Rune/Essence Unsocketing Devices.
    Runes like EoA
    Token Tablets
    Possibly high level crafting mats(everything from ingredients for gedlo curry to maybe even celestial motes) super low rare mount/s chances. You could even put in something like 1-3day patron passes as a drop and look at it as a marketing promotion thing.

I know that anyone reading some of those drops will be gritting their teeth and spinning in their seats thinking that it's being too generous, but Gamigo could really win people over by stepping away from TRION's formula of constant nickel and diming the players to death. As a player it feels like we are constantly getting wrung like a sponge for all of our time/resources/money. That they want us to invest but give us the bare minimum in return. This is pretty ridiculous since all we are talking about is pixels and code that they already have an infinite well to draw from.
    The more generous you are to your customers, the more willing they will be into opening their wallets in return. Too many companies have forgotten that. They are hardstuck on grinding the customer to dust, instead of making a cohesive, mutually beneficial, symbiotic relationship.

I think 10man is the sweet spot with the population how it is these days.
    The raids should be smooth, fun, fulfilling.
    Focus a bit more on mechanics than dps checks to cover all gear/skill ranges. BUT also don't make them so hard that casuals will get intimidated and scared away from doing them.
    Last edited by Elitizt; 11-21-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...
    1. People with buttons
    2. People who like to push buttons

Twisted soul should defenitly not work on 72 elites. Have you tested Azranel 7% heals with a reaver?

@Elit So a literal raid where you get chests popping useful things like a CR.
    Chests could be in wings with 'just' super hard 'trash' minis or dps checks (crock in leathys bob).

With all the gear and faceroll dps, we could handle coordination encounter like Rusila, IG twins or ga.

GA 70 with more focus on penalties(dmg debuff) and oneshots rather than healing should be 4.5 T4
    Last edited by Shas; 11-21-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Champion of Telara

Level 15 fragments with fixed BiS stats would be an idea to make new raids attractive for those who want a progression. So you could also solve the problem of random based unloved fragments at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Level 15 fragments with fixed BiS stats would be an idea to make new raids attractive for those who want a progression. So you could also solve the problem of random based unloved fragments at the same time.
    Level 15 or Tier 2 or 3 infused to 15?
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Level 15 or Tier 2 or 3 infused to 15?
    Fragments that are already infused to 15 with fixed values so you just have to equip them and get done without all the random crap.
    Last edited by Bamul; 11-22-2019 at 07:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread