• 2 Post By Thontic
  • 3 Post By derpfx
  • 1 Post By Nevina
  • 1 Post By keepor
  • 1 Post By Shas
  • 3 Post By Mozer

Thread: Storm Cells

Default Storm Cells

I NEED two Storm Cells. Like last week NEED. I NEED them to upgrade one item of gear right now. Of course, I will NEED many more in future. But right now, today, I NEED two.

The problem is, and it's not only MY problem but the problem of many others currently in game, is that Storm Cells remain out of reach.

The ONLY surefire way to get a Storm Cell is spend 5000 legion datagrams - a price that is outrageously outrageous! 5000! That's MORE expensive than half the gear. Which means I NEED 10,000 to upgrade an item that cost 8000! Since I can only reliably earn 550-ish datagram per week that means it takes roughly 30 weeks to fully upgrade ONE piece of gear. Outrageous!

Now, I have been told that I can get more datagrams AND maybe even a Storm Cell or two if I run the Bastion of Steel raid (something I have never seen) and EVERY time I see some "LFM BoS" in chat I send a tell asking to join. I have yet to find a group. And I have better things to do with my day than sit in front of my PC staring at Rift chat waiting for someone to post "LFM BoS" in the hopes that maybe THIS time I'll get invited and go in and see what BoS is.

So, other than continuing to go without, I suggest a significant lowering of the price of Storm Cells to a FAR MORE reasonable 50-75 legion datagrams each and/ or adding another option for obtaining Storm Cells that is just as affordable. Like Celestial Remnants. I have hundreds of thousands of those that I could spend to buy 10-15 Storm Cells. Or maybe Prize Tickets like with Tenebrean Engines.

There is another MMO that I will not name here that revamped itself in 2017-2018 and made it so ALL players can realistically get endgame gear in short order (like 30 days or less short order) so that they can effectively play ALL content (even their optional "ELITE" versions of raids.) I think the least that Rift can do if it's not going to completely revamp itself is slash prices so that players can more easily AND more quickly GET and UPGRADE top end gear.

Or remove the Storm Cells requirement from ALL gear and replace with "Close 1000 rifts that grant experience" or "Complete Xarth Skull X# of times."

Lower the price of Storm Cells to 50-75 legion datagrams each and make them more available.

Please. And thank you.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Find a guild to run with, check around on the community discord and be prepared with the necessary specs, roles and dps that is required. Some people will packback, but it's always best to know what you're doing with your class before joining up. There are several groups that run multiple times a week.

A few things to note once you get in:

- The % chance was increased a long time ago so it shouldn't be overly difficult to get the amount you need by the time you get the gear that you want. RNG of course still sucks.

- Purchasing storm cells with datagrams was a convenience added in much later. By the time you get the gear you want (unless you're insanely lucky and get full overlord in a few weeks) you should have plenty of extra datagrams to buy a storm cell every week.

- The base (non upgraded) gear that drops, including vendor gear, doesn't require you to upgrade it in order to get the crystal bonuses. This is something players suggested early on when BoS launched so that you didn't have to wait for long periods of time to get those bonuses back between gear. In short, there shouldn't be any rush to upgrade gear. The stats aren't a huge jump unless it's all overlord and even then that really only semi matters if you're min/maxing.

- There's no raid (that we know of) coming out anytime soon so again... there shouldn't be any rush to upgrade it.

It would be nice if you could eventually pickup raid gear similar to how Nightmare Tide worked, but they didn't go that route and it's not overly difficult to get into a group if you really want to and once you do you'll naturally gear up and stack up currencies and storm cells.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-18-2019 at 11:50 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    ...there shouldn't be any rush to upgrade gear...
    Rush??? I hit 70 last year during Prime. I ground my brains out trying to gear up back then for months. I quit the game because of how ******ed it was to gear up and because Prime wasn't as smooth as it should have been. I stayed away once news broke of Trion's sale to Gamigo - it seemed Rift was only days away from being killed completely.

I've been back now for two months and it's still completely ******ed to gear up, low level gear drops from QF and TDez notwithstanding.

I have zero interest in continuing to spin my wheels trying to gear up for another month or two. I would just as soon delete my account and leave Rift behind forever, which is where I am right now. There is no way that it is too difficult to go into the game code and switch out the numbers regarding the purchase price of Storm Cells and other items and change them to something FAR MORE reasonable than their current outrageously high prices. The game is already bug ridden and broken - changing those values would create no further harm.

Rush? Don't make me laugh. The only "rush" here is on Gamigo's part if they want to keep me paying and playing. Gamigo NEEDS to rush and make Storm Cells EASIER and FASTER to get.

Oh. And on a side note. Immediately after starting this thread I logged into the game and got an invite to my very first BoS. My VERY first one. Where I was told that my 2350 Hit is not good enough for BoS. Where am I suppose to know that BoS has a 2400 Hit requirement? I looked in the game - couldn't find that detail anywhere. Someone mentioned BoS is a T2 raid and the mouseover clearly states 2400 Hit minimum for T2. Where in the game does it say BoS is a T2 raid? If this BASIC information was CLEARLY detailed in the game then I would agree I have no case to complain. But since it's not and I have to learn this stuff through snotty profanity laced comments from other players, I am comfortable voicing my complaints both in the game AND here on the Forums.

Oh. And that BoS pug fell apart since we couldn't find 10 players willing to fill the group. So, I remain a BoS virgin. And who knows how long it will take for me to find love. Maybe I will delete my account never knowing the sweet embrace of BoS even once.

Rush. GTFOH.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

I don't want to be an ***, but I gotta wonder... BoS is the highest end game raid in the entire game, how can you even expect to just wobble in and finish it with some PUG? Especially when you don't even know it's T2 or what the Hit requirement is? That's just plain oblivious naivety.

Join a raiding guild where you can learn what you need to compete in BoS and then you will eventually get it. If you're at a point where you even need Cells, then you can do this easily.
    The chance a PUG will finish it 3/3 is pretty much 0% anyway. If you do this with a guild then it will become quite easy to obtain Storm Cells, as I got 6 of them in my last three BoS runs (two of which I didn't even finish 3/3). I mean, it's still RNG but it will get much easier any way you look at it. This is also actually the most fun thing to do in the game... So if you'd rather delete your account than do this, then why did you come back in the first place?

They're not gonna make the game easier just because you don't have the patience or desire to actually play it.
    Last edited by Thontic; 11-19-2019 at 04:55 AM.

GSB 5/5 | RoS 5/5 | DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4 | ID 7/7 | PF 5/5 | IDH 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | GA 4/4 | PB 5/5 | IG 3/3 | BoB 4/4 | RoF 4/4 | MS 5/5 | TF 3/3 | RtHK 11/11 | IGP 4/4 | MoM 9/9 | CoA 6/6 | QF 1/1 | TD 4/4 | IRotP 4/4 | BoS 3/3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    Someone mentioned BoS is a T2 raid and the mouseover clearly states 2400 Hit minimum for T2. Where in the game does it say BoS is a T2 raid? If this BASIC information was CLEARLY detailed in the game then I would agree I have no case to complain.
    This game has been out 8 years and I've yet to see anyone ever be in such a fuss about this. You can, you know, ASK other players what level a raid is, after all? Also if you've ever been to BoS, you'd immediately know that it's not the same level as TDNM or IRoTP.

Also, you don't NEED storm cells at all. You WANT storm cells but don't seem to want to put the work in required to get them.

You see a little bit dim and want to blame others for it...
    Last edited by derpfx; 11-20-2019 at 05:08 AM. Reason: words

Soulwalker

Good Job Derp

King of Slackers
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Anyone else waiting for T3 release?
    You know Battlesong isn't buged anymore? Might be a little tough.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    put the work in
    Is Rift a job or a game? Games by definition require zero work. You just follow the clearly defined rules and play to win. And since Rift does not have any clearly defined rules there's absolutely no way to win. I guess that means Rift is a job. In that case I'm plugging up the toilet and flooding the restroom on my way out. Rift doesn't pay me enough to put up with this crap. To hell with this place. I quit!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mozer View Post
    Is Rift a job or a game? Games by definition require zero work. You just follow the clearly defined rules and play to win. And since Rift does not have any clearly defined rules there's absolutely no way to win. I guess that means Rift is a job. In that case I'm plugging up the toilet and flooding the restroom on my way out. Rift doesn't pay me enough to put up with this crap. To hell with this place. I quit!
    You're just being silly, like OP.

If you want the highest tier gear, you need to do the highest tier content. Believe me, after raiding for many years, it CAN feel like work, but if you want something you have to work for it. You want everything given to you with no effort? You should play single player games and cheat... so much fun?

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    You're just being silly, like OP.

If you want the highest tier gear, you need to do the highest tier content. Believe me, after raiding for many years, it CAN feel like work, but if you want something you have to work for it. You want everything given to you with no effort? You should play single player games and cheat... so much fun?
    if you have to WORK so hard that it feels like a job then you don't enjoy what you are doing, the nature of most MMOs is to be grindy and yes it may feel like work but if it becomes JOB worthy work then you are no longer enjoying it and should probably find something less stressful to relax to in your spare time

if you enjoy what you do you will never work a day in your life, or:
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life" Confucious

+ Reply to Thread