+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Patch Nov 13

Soulwalker

Default Patch Nov 13

For those of us behind the current story line, changing the rules of the game ruins our experience. The Plane of Water story line and game play is very dependent upon your ability to move vertically among the obstacles. The dynamics of the incline that your avatar can scale has changed and therefore has drastically changed game play.

It is the type of development decision that made me leave RIFT back in 2012 and not look back in over 7 years. Its also the kind of decision that made me hesitant to buy any other game offered by Trion. Just because you can change things, doesn't mean that you should.

Indicative of just how well RIFT is being run is that a day after the patch is live, there are no patch notes available to see exactly what has been done. Posted patch notes are two weeks old.

Once again you've changed the rules of the game mid-stream. Out West, people were shot for such things and the defense "he were cheatin' at cards" was explanation sufficient.

It isn't clever, it isn't challenging, it's a pain in the ***. It's being lazy, and it's very telling how people who enjoy telling other people what the rules are exercise their power to implement policy (or game dynamics) gravitate to work and world where changing the dynamics is all up to rewriting the code. Well done, Agent Smith.

Congratulations. Just when I was starting to find the game interesting again, I find RIFT once again disappointing. Good luck staying in business.

?

Most of us did the zones just fine 3 years ago, before the jumping bug, without any problems

jumping to challenging spots is part of the game ... this game does not need a 'god mode'

altho someone suggested (i forget who) a cash shop item to give very limited sticky feet item which if done right may be a good idea worth looking into but we already have a rune that gives you higher jumps so I'm not sure about that.
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    jumping to challenging spots is part of the game ... this game does not need a 'god mode'

altho someone suggested (i forget who) a cash shop item to give very limited sticky feet item which if done right may be a good idea worth looking into but we already have a rune that gives you higher jumps so I'm not sure about that.
    Oh yeah adding a paywall to a quality of life feature will go over well in a free-to-play mmo...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Oh yeah adding a paywall to a quality of life feature will go over well in a free-to-play mmo...
    yes, what's the problem? you do realize gamigo needs to collect money somewhere in the game otherwise they will just shut it down. they might as well collect it on luxury items that are not needed for game play ...

NOTHING in life is absolutely free ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com

yes, what's the problem? you do realize gamigo needs to collect money somewhere in the game otherwise they will just shut it down. they might as well collect it on luxury items that are not needed for game play ...

NOTHING in life is absolutely free ...
    Imagine defending corporations because they're not making all the money, In todays growin market for video games there hasn't ever before been a bigger pool of consumers to make videogame companies money and It's still growing. more untapped markets are being tapped into than ever before and people like you think there isn't enough money to develop a game and make it profitable? you're very uninformed if you hold that statement to be true, which is not.

The current monetization schemes in the game were taken from other models like mobile/freemium for maximum profit at the expense of the games integrity(what made the game good in the first place) and consumers. you're litterally saying we have to pay more money to gamigo because their executives aren't happy with what "little" money they're making.

Imagine defending corporations because they're not making all the money, In todays growin market for video games there hasn't ever before been a bigger pool of consumers to make videogame companies money and It's still growing. more untapped markets are being tapped into than ever before and people like you think there isn't enough money to develop a game and make it profitable? you're very uninformed if you hold that statement to be true, which is not.
    what the hell are you babbling about? they only got this game to work with to make them money. primarily from patron and cash shop items and packs. they don't advertise so there not getting money from there and money they make from other games do not feed this game so where else are they getting money from for this game?? your making it sound as tho they are just rolling in the doe and how dare they charge for ANYTHING in a free to play game ... if this game is so free to play as you put it then where is my free patron? where is all my free mounts and packs and everything in cash shop that everyone else pays for?

what your referencing makes no sense to me ... are you a 'negative Nancy'?

... all i said is they should charge a fee for something that was not needed in game in the first place. just like they should charge a fee to get past the particle quest that EVERYONE can do accept the select few. and if you give me time to think about it there are probably half a dozen other things i could come up with that they could charge for that would not really affect the free to play model they are in ... come to think of it, too bad i don't live in Germany, maybe i should apply for a job there .. :P

what the hell are you babbling about? they only got this game to work with to make them money. primarily from patron and cash shop items and packs. they don't advertise so there not getting money from there and money they make from other games do not feed this game so where else are they getting money from for this game?? your making it sound as tho they are just rolling in the doe and how dare they charge for ANYTHING in a free to play game ... if this game is so free to play as you put it then where is my free patron? where is all my free mounts and packs and everything in cash shop that everyone else pays for?

what your referencing makes no sense to me ... are you a 'negative Nancy'?

... all i said is they should charge a fee for something that was not needed in game in the first place. just like they should charge a fee to get past the particle quest that EVERYONE can do accept the select few. and if you give me time to think about it there are probably half a dozen other things i could come up with that they could charge for that would not really affect the free to play model they are in ... come to think of it, too bad i don't live in Germany, maybe i should apply for a job there .. :P
    you're clueless

you're clueless
    you could be right, or you could stop looking at every post from someone as a battle that needs to be won ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 11-14-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Default Can't jump anywhere

I've played here since a bit after SL. I recall being able to jump some places. I can't jump anywhere since this patch. This is a little annoying and ridiculous. I jump then slide down.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-14-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I've played here since a bit after SL. I recall being able to jump some places. I can't jump anywhere since this patch. This is a little annoying and ridiculous. I jump then slide down.
    I've been here since beta and getting up the side of cliffs has never really been an issue as long as those cliffs have multiple tiers / enough edges to jump up to. You've never been able to vertically climb up walls and cliffs without side ledges until the bug popped up. Sure, the bug made getting to places and skipping trash in areas/dungeons/raids easier, but it was always enough to do those things long before the bug came along.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    but it was always enough to do those things long before the bug came along.
    This seems to agree with what I just said. I said I could jump up to places more even before the bug. Now I can't seem to jump up to anywhere at all. Also I was in a Karthan wf and simply stepped on the drop down space/area for my opposing team. I was instantly transported back to my team. I actually like this one. If in combat there, and another player is besting a player, all they'd have to do is make one small step over. And they're outta the situation. I dunno maybe this one shouldn't be mentioned or changed.

Was this change previewed on PTS or whatever devs have to test, before it was made?
    Last edited by Sails; 11-15-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Was this change previewed on PTS or whatever devs have to test, before it was made?
    I haven't noticed any specific instances/places being unreachable after the fix that were even before the bug was around. There may have been 1 or 2 warfronts where that was maybe possible, but not without a lot of effort. You shouldn't be able to get to the other teams platform.

This wasn't on PTS, but that's because it was indeed a bug and shouldn't have existed in the first place. To my knowledge, it was likely an engineering change made elsewhere (during storm Legion Prime) that caused it to pop up and it took Avathar a long time to find. I'm glad he finally did though.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

"patch notes'' not posted in forum usually means there are no patch notes at all.. It is then just a server restart/refresh...

For new players who have only seen rift after the jump bug was introduced it must be really confusing to suddenly be so limited about where you can go.

We had 8 years of normal jumping before the jump bug came about.
    It is beyond awful that the jump bug stayed in the game for over a YEAR!
    During that year, many new players have started the game without realising that being able to climb anywhere is not intended!
    Now its been fixed we are back to the normal jumping, the normal jumping that often required tutorial videos to climb seemingly impossible cliffs!
    It feels very cumbersome and slow after more than a year of being to climb anything.. but... it IS INTENDED. There is no area of the game right now that you cannot get to if you NEED to, for cheevos, artifacts, exploration and quests, it just may take longer and you have to really think about your route!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast