+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Ramenpower
  • 1 Post By Shanoah
  • 1 Post By Ramenpower

Thread: Level 70 Greater Planar Essence

Default Level 70 Greater Planar Essence

I am looking to get two level 70 greaters for my focus. I've only run maybe 130 or so DRRs and have collected a couple dozen of the lessers including a few tanking ones which are completely useless for me as I quit tanking back when Trion broke hybrids with patch 1.11.

I plan on continuing to run DRRs so that's already taken care of. I was just wondering how much longer I need to wait before I see a DPS greater drop for my main (me - Warrior.) Just one would be nice. And yes, I absolutely want two and have no shame in stating that desire.

Maybe Gamigo would let me trade in my 20+ lessers for 2 DPS greaters? I dare to dream.

Thanx!
    Last edited by Arthritis; 11-04-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Greaters were always quite rare. Lessers can go in the greater slots (I imagine you have already done that). Bear in mind that only 1 out of six of the types of greaters are going to be any good, assuming you want crit power. So there's that RNG as well, on top of the fact that the greaters are rare, generally. So yeah ... good luck with that.
    Last edited by Linolea; 11-04-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Shadowlander

One of the reasons I wish greaters was behind a rep grind and not dependent on rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramenpower View Post
    One of the reasons I wish greaters was behind a rep grind and not dependent on rng.
    I agree. I feel like there should always be a legit way to eventually earn gear that doesn't depend solely on rng. I think rng can add a fun element, but not the only way to get gear with stats.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Shadowlander

Yea it could of been balanced out by having lessers from rr and greaters from rep. They can still be added to Utilla rep or a new one but not sure if essences will get any attention since it works as it is.

I think adding BiS essences including Greaters to Uttila rep for Ethereal Marks earned in IRotP, Intel or Datagrams would be perfect, link the upgrade paths for them to downing raid bosses so as to make them raid dependent.

+ Reply to Thread