+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bamul

Thread: Dailies, Eternal, Rep, and Levling up your Character

Soulwalker

Default Dailies, Eternal, Rep, and Levling up your Character

Hello, I would like to suggest a huge change in a few area's. I know some folks may not be happy with this suggestion but it would benefit EVERYONE playing RIFT. Most times there are not enough Daily Items to complete quests, in particular with the daily Mech No More. It is always a constant battle and struggle to complete this daily, so could we get either a much faster respawn rate or more Mech Pieces? Another suggestion that would really benefit everyone is concerning the Enternal Weapon. We need to have a few things done. Either Grandfather alts once One Character completes it, Lower the guidelines of the requirements, or change the Grind of what is needed. I've spoken to people in game and they also feel that obtaining your Eternal is simply almost not worth the effort because of the extreme grind it takes to get it. 25 Expert Dungeons don't sound like a lot, but then when you start doing it, it's a lot because no one queues for the dungeon, and even asking for a group in chat don't work. I saw a player ask for a group in chat for 4 hours and he finally just gave up. I don't think there is enough incentive for MOST people to queue for dungeons anymore and thus, people are getting stuck at this part. They are also getting stuck at Colossi. 40 of them is just plain absurd. 400 invasions? Are you kidding me? All those Rifts to close? All those Footholds? For what possible reason? I am a veteran player and this game NEVER was this grindy...EVER!!!!! Im sorry for what previous people went through, but come on; the people that complain about what myself and others complain about are most likely the ones that are "Pay to Win" players. The other issue is Leveling up your Character. There is missing XP while leveling in Celestial Lands. I know this to be factual as while i leveled my mage, i was always 1 level to 1 1/2 levels short of where I needed to be for the next Zone. I had to GRIND another level which took an extra 3 days. Please dont suggest getting patron or grouping with others as this is simply not an answer for these reasons: Patron is useless because of how much downtime the servers have seen lately, Patron isn't exactly cheap for Everyone,(not everyone has money like some does), and grouping with others actually lowers XP gains. The reason xp gains are lowered is connected strait to carnages. Each kill on carnages (which you really shouldn't FORCE people to pick up so please correct that) granted me 812 xp PER KILL. I grouped with others and my xp gain dropped to 342 xp per kill (bonus xp of 23). I wish i had a screen shot of that but i dont. So again, why has this game become so GRINDY?!?!?!?! The last issue I will discuss is Noteriety or Rep as some call it. I find it absurd to make Rep gains take so long and so do others. Once you've gone through your quest line in Celestial Lands, you should have enough Rep in those factions to purchase what ever it is you want. Dailies should be viewed as gaining the currency for what you need to purchase, not Rep Grinds. This is a mistake for a lot of reasons but I will mention two reasons, and they are as follows: #1) The items/gear your purchasing really isn't that great considering how freaking expensive it is to level up to the next tier to gain the stats you NEED (yes ppl think its what you want but its what you need) and you spend more time wasting away half the day Farming Materials you need to make amenders and blowing your Crafters Infusion on ALL your characters just to level up 1 piece of gear. #2) And this one should be so obvious. In game what are we? Ascended, right? The idea of Rep gains is ridiculous given how well (according to game lore) we are known and respected. So what sense does it make to FORCE Ascended to gain Rep when according to our very own lore we already have that and these factions have been WAITING for us to return? See the mistake made here? The current issue all around is your wasting time focusing on Cosmetic issues there are never any real Playable issues fixed and when the whiny Elitests start crying and complaining, you just jump to their every whim and need. I too can sit here and give you literally DOZENS of cosmetic upgrades that people would very much enjoy, but at the end of the day, that doesn't really help the End Game. Please fix these issues. After a while it makes people want to toss their keyboards aside and forget RIFT. People are venturing over to WoW (world of warcraft) due to the broken things inside of RIFT. Stop trying to maintain for a while and start actually making progress to make this game what it should be rather than what the PAY TO WIN players want it to be. That is not being a community. Heck, there is no such thing as a community these days in RIFT because of all the people that take cheap shots at people. Please folks, regulate your game. Blizzard does, why can't you?

you really need to work on your writing skills, way too much info in one tiny spot. my eyes are jumping around ... maybe ill come back again and try to read this after i had a pot or two of coffee ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Soulwalker

lol Im sorry, i get long winded....well long fingered haha, and I type out what is on my mind at the time. I know it's a lot to read and take in. I'll try to summarize better in future posts.

Champion of Telara

I personally thought the eternal quest was fine, but I look at it from a perspective where it was no problem to find groups for experts and raids. With the grind of the Eternal I know at least that I will get the best possible weapon in the end.

What annoys me more are game mechanics that are based on pure randomness like the fragment system or random items stats, especially the items you can buy for captured intel. I hate nothing more than wasting my time due to an uncontrollable factor.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I personally thought the eternal quest was fine, but I look at it from a perspective where it was no problem to find groups for experts and raids. With the grind of the Eternal I know at least that I will get the best possible weapon in the end.

What annoys me more are game mechanics that are based on pure randomness like the fragment system or random items stats, especially the items you can buy for captured intel. I hate nothing more than wasting my time due to an uncontrollable factor.
    I agree, months ago groups were very easy to find. For the past couple months they have been few and far between, and the only reason I recognize this is i have 4 other characters im leveling gear for whom are level 70's. As far as the game mechanics go, RNG is going to be there no matter what, but I agree its a bit TOO random. RNG is nice, but at the same time its taking control from the players.

Thumbs up you're not going to get what you want, they got a good cash cow going.

I've been here for a couple of weeks now as a returning player after being away a couple of months and before that I was actively playing Rift, within these last couple of weeks I've been reading the forums to get a general idea of how healthy the game is and I've also looked up the history of trion/their financial problems/legal issues with lawsuit and their eventual acquisition by gamigo.

I even went as far as to make a chronological order of ingame systems and how they changed over time from storm legion onwards along with happenings within the company during that time (the information was hard to come by since they were a private company for so long but thankfully there are laws that even they have to comply with)

were I to make a post about it all here it would be a really long post that more than likely would get ignore by the main target audience that Rift has (I know for a fact thanks to the interactions I've had in the forums during the time I started posting)

The fact of the matter is, Rift is no longer and will never be the mmo us true mmo fans want because all Rift is now, is the mmo for the older folks that only want to mess around in the game and spend their money on things like mounts/cosmetics and fluff items. This community is the sort of players mobile gaming markets pray upon. (little to no investment effort + positive netflow return ) people in this community are not paying for more raids or fixing the core issues of the game (which there are many) or anything of the sort.

If you're a true mmo player and actually care about your time and money being respected don't play this game. however if you're up there in age and just want a hill to die on this is the game for you.

I'm no longer playing it, and keeping an eye on it for now and see if by some miracle they change business model.

I'm hoping for the best

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    Rift is now, is the mmo for the older folks that only want to mess around in the game and spend their money on things like mounts/cosmetics and fluff items.
    As one of the older players who wants more challenging content and less trivial grind I'm not happy how Rift has evolved. I don't think the preferred content depends on the age of a player, but I'm probably too "old" to think in generalized categories.

+ Reply to Thread