+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Instant Adventure Zone Events?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Lightbulb Instant Adventure Zone Events?

    What do you guys think about making a system that lets us queue/teleport to zone events? A lot of people really dislike (and are tired of) how repetitive Instant Adventures get and how lack luster they can be in terms of rewatds (even more so for players simply looking to do the weekly for T2 raid currency).

    Zone Events are very varied, plentiful & spand many continents/zones, something like this will allow people to get achievements from both Instant Adventures and the more harder to get zone event achievements (since people don't do them anymore thanks to low pop). Some zone events even reward cool mounts if you work hard enought at them like.

    https://rift.magelo.com/en/item/B396...t-Magma-Walker
    Also being able to queue into seasonal event Zone Events would be amazing.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    274

    Default

    This sounds good in theory but if the rewards are decent, a Zone Event IA would be exploited the way current World Event and Call to Action zone events are exploited.

    I was in a Budgie Madness zone event in Freemarch last night with a bunch of level 20 and under players along with one level 68. The level 68 one shot everything and quickly closed the rifts and footholds. I guess it was a speedy way for the level 68 to make 15 Chaos motes but it ruined the experience for the non-cheaters.

    Maybe a zone event IA would work if it was instanced or restricting to level 70 zones to prevent higher level players from exploiting it.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    The level 68 one shot everything and quickly closed the rifts and footholds. I guess it was a speedy way for the level 68 to make 15 Chaos motes but it ruined the experience for the non-cheaters.
    There is absolutely nothing cheaty or exploitative about that. It is a dck move, no doubt, but it is not cheating, exploiting or anything like that.

  4. #4
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    503

    Default

    as been discussed in countless threads in the past, this would not have been a issue if world event bosses had auto mentoring aura around them ... <just sayin>
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There is absolutely nothing cheaty or exploitative about that. It is a dck move, no doubt, but it is not cheating, exploiting or anything like that.
    The google online dictionary defines cheat as "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game."

    I'd say cheat applies quite nicely to the situation described.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Before Intrepid IAs, adventures occurred in Telara. You'd go from zone to done doing things. Oh, you still can do this, but no one does, they just want Intrepid. Anyway, if a zone event popped in the zone while an adventure group was there, the ZE would become the adventure! And everyone cried about it!

    They made it so if a ZE popped (because people were in the zone, it always did) the adventure would be moved to a new shard and/or zone.

    People hated actually having to play the game, they just want an afk leveling system :/ I don't think your idea will be received too well

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    Before Intrepid IAs, adventures occurred in Telara. You'd go from zone to done doing things. Oh, you still can do this, but no one does, they just want Intrepid. Anyway, if a zone event popped in the zone while an adventure group was there, the ZE would become the adventure! And everyone cried about it!

    They made it so if a ZE popped (because people were in the zone, it always did) the adventure would be moved to a new shard and/or zone.

    People hated actually having to play the game, they just want an afk leveling system :/ I don't think your idea will be received too well
    yeah well, this is what happens when they listen to lazy people looking to gain any advantages they can for themselfs. they should have told the people that were crying about the zone event becoming the Instant Adventure to **** off. They were so focused on thier "games as a service" plan they accepted the "input" of the people that really didn't give a **** about the game and where looking after themselfs.

    It's like Trion didn't have a brain for as much as they knew.. They out of all people should have known the implecations of these systems on the game.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-20-2019 at 04:01 PM.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    as been discussed in countless threads in the past, this would not have been a issue if world event bosses had auto mentoring aura around them ... <just sayin>
    yeah they really need to implement something to this extent, like forced mentoring. the people against such systems are only looking out for themselfs and not everyone else in the game.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    This sounds good in theory but if the rewards are decent, a Zone Event IA would be exploited the way current World Event and Call to Action zone events are exploited.

    I was in a Budgie Madness zone event in Freemarch last night with a bunch of level 20 and under players along with one level 68. The level 68 one shot everything and quickly closed the rifts and footholds. I guess it was a speedy way for the level 68 to make 15 Chaos motes but it ruined the experience for the non-cheaters.

    Maybe a zone event IA would work if it was instanced or restricting to level 70 zones to prevent higher level players from exploiting it.
    Noooo, no more instanced content, the world of telara shouldn't be further fragmented. people forget this is an mmo-rpg and it should feel like one. The world needs to be populated not de-populated.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    I'd say cheat applies quite nicely to the situation described.
    Using a higher-than-intended level character for lower level activitied is not cheating. The game allows it without going through the usual hoops that you need to do to actually cheat or exploit. You simply level up and you're done. Anyone can do it, it is part of the game and it is legal.

    Now, here's an example of what COULD be considered cheating and exploiting, but was fixed to prevent abuse: notice how the eternal weapon procs doesn't work below 70? Before that fix, you would have people mentoring down to a very low level, farming tier 1 nightmare rifts solo for planarite. Due to the weapon proc not scaling down, you would get level 70 damage as level 15ish. Instakills meant you were pretty much invulnerable. Obviously that is not intended design and Trion fixed that. Trion has not "fixed" highlevel players instakilling lowlevel rifts because....

    It is not cheating!

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Using a higher-than-intended level character for lower level activitied is not cheating. The game allows it without going through the usual hoops that you need to do to actually cheat or exploit. You simply level up and you're done. Anyone can do it, it is part of the game and it is legal.

    Now, here's an example of what COULD be considered cheating and exploiting, but was fixed to prevent abuse: notice how the eternal weapon procs doesn't work below 70? Before that fix, you would have people mentoring down to a very low level, farming tier 1 nightmare rifts solo for planarite. Due to the weapon proc not scaling down, you would get level 70 damage as level 15ish. Instakills meant you were pretty much invulnerable. Obviously that is not intended design and Trion fixed that. Trion has not "fixed" highlevel players instakilling lowlevel rifts because....

    It is not cheating!
    I think the point of it all is, because the max level mentored players have such strength they rob people of the "experience/enjoyment" of the boss fight therefore generating feelings of being robbed (cucked/cheated) of any fun they could of had. which is reasonable even more so if they were the ones doing all of the objectives only to have the afk lvl 70's waiting for the spawn and kill it faster than they could have arrived to it, This is obviously an issue that needs to be amended to make the experience of playing rift enjoyable as a whole for everyone not just max level players looking to do content as fast as possible because they're in a massive endgame grind and have experienced the content already and just want the rewards. every little bit helps.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-20-2019 at 05:37 PM.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    709

    Default

    I just don't see the problem. You don't get much for closing the rifts of a zone event and a lot of the lowbie zone bosses have that aura that prevents people from hitting it for a minute. I could swear that they also prevent level 70s from doing significant damage, or maybe the game was so laggy... I don't know anymore.

    The point is that there isn't much of an "experience" for lower level characters slowly slogging through the rifts just to spawn the boss. If anybody wants that experience they can go to a random zone and hunt rifts solo. Problem solved.

    Furthermore, in my experience, most level 70s are usually mentoring down before they hit the boss because otherwise they get no credit. Sure, there's the occasional Arsehat but that's human nature and such a low occurrence that we really don't need to waste precious dev resources to fix a problem that is very infrequent and only affects a vanishingly small minority of players.

    That said, an auto-mentor aura around zone bosses would solve most of the problems (including the occasional level 70 who simply forgets to mentor down) but I'm not sure how easy it is to implement. If it's super quick and easy, then sure. If it takes away from more serious game problems, then no way.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    I just don't see the problem. You don't get much for closing the rifts of a zone event and a lot of the lowbie zone bosses have that aura that prevents people from hitting it for a minute. I could swear that they also prevent level 70s from doing significant damage, or maybe the game was so laggy... I don't know anymore.
    you don't see the problem because you're not being affected by it, you're also looking at the Rifts for zone events in terms of physical rewards like lvl 70 currency/items, players doing the content that is relevant to them find it fun because its relevant! It contributes to their feeling of progression / character development / player investment, having a max level player come in and rob them of that fun/experience isn't much fun at all, even more so if they're new to the game. and no not all bosses have that 1 minute protection aura and the ones that do need it to be a little longer than 1 minute, maybe 2-3 minutes would be nice.

    I'm not sure if they fixed the Eternal Weapons procs with ethereal damage that were killing the bosses super fast but even if they did mentored players are still too strong and end up killing the bosses in a matter of seconds instead of a couple of minutes as they should be. If anything the level 70's need to be montored down a couple of levels below the bosses level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post

    The point is that there isn't much of an "experience" for lower level characters slowly slogging through the rifts just to spawn the boss. If anybody wants that experience they can go to a random zone and hunt rifts solo. Problem solved.
    No, this is you being selfish, you only want to do the zone event really fast to get w/e reward/quest completed. If you want to rush things then YOU should be the one doing a zone event alone and not bastardizing the gameplay experience for others, especially if they're new to the game. problem solved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post

    Furthermore, in my experience, most level 70s are usually mentoring down before they hit the boss because otherwise they get no credit. Sure, there's the occasional Arsehat but that's human nature and such a low occurrence that we really don't need to waste precious dev resources to fix a problem that is very infrequent and only affects a vanishingly small minority of players.
    This is true it doesn't happen often but it does happen often enough for it to be and issue, This problem would be further highlighted if Rifts population was bigger than what it currently is. The devs are the ones that get told what to do by their boss, all we can do is point out the problems and hope their game director is smart enough to take the game in the correct direction. to think we have a choice in the matter is dellusional. all we can do is provide constructive feedback/criticism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post

    That said, an auto-mentor aura around zone bosses would solve most of the problems (including the occasional level 70 who simply forgets to mentor down) but I'm not sure how easy it is to implement. If it's super quick and easy, then sure. If it takes away from more serious game problems, then no way.
    yeah something akin to this would greatly help the situation but it wouldn't stop high level players from blazing through the Rifts, a zone wide auto mentor would be much better.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    That said, an auto-mentor aura around zone bosses would solve most of the problems (including the occasional level 70 who simply forgets to mentor down) but I'm not sure how easy it is to implement. If it's super quick and easy, then sure. If it takes away from more serious game problems, then no way.
    I'm strictly against forced mentoring, as this means to take away player choice.

    FF14 did a very good job on this with their dynamic events. When you approach an event that is below your level, a button pops up in your interface. You can press the button, get mentored down to the event's level, and partake; or you don't press the button, get not mentored down, and cannot partake in the event - i.e. you cannot harm the event mobs at all.

    So if you want to do the event, you do it on the according level; and if you don't want to do it (since you just want to get from point A to point B, gather mats, or whatever) the event won't hinder you at all.

    This is what I call an intelligent solution. They also use this system to keep old dungeons and raids relevant for players of all levels, but that's a different story.

  15. #15
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I'm strictly against forced mentoring, as this means to take away player choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    FF14 did a very good job on this with their dynamic events. When you approach an event that is below your level, a button pops up in your interface. You can press the button, get mentored down to the event's level, and partake; or you don't press the button, get not mentored down, and cannot partake in the event - i.e. you cannot harm the event mobs at all.
    these two statements counter dict each other. the only reason you could possibly want to be right near boss if your not battling it is to heal your allies. healing your allies, team or guild mates @70 while they do all the dirty work is just as bad as someone coming in and one shooting boss while everyone else was still trying to get a piece of it ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    So if you want to do the event, you do it on the according level; and if you don't want to do it (since you just want to get from point A to point B, gather mats, or whatever) the event won't hinder you at all.
    so if you really are trying to entirely mind your own business 'for whatever reason' you really cant bare to wait 5 minute while everyone kills boss or better yet JUST HOP TO ANOTHER SHARD that don't have an event going on? ... wow, and i thought i was impatient. i think you got me beat ... :P
    Last edited by Merlin666; 10-21-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    -> Lyie@hailol -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->sourdiesel@wolfsbane
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts