• 3 Post By Nuuli
  • 3 Post By PieGuy
  • 1 Post By Merlin666
  • 1 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By Merlin666
  • 2 Post By Zornar

Thread: How to bring in new Players and Revenue

Lightbulb How to bring in new Players and Revenue

aside from the obvious proof of upcoming content we older players have been waiting 2yrs for now which would be the most productive venture for you and I am sure has presented the biggest hurdle in assuming control of our game as you have been so quiet over what you want to do still unsure of what you can do

I will most likely be chastised and ridiculed for suggesting this but these might be a quick mod you can throw at us until you have a firm grasp on new content that I believe for at least myself is far better than offering us a 40 slot bag for spending $50 and a mount that costs roughly $20 worth of credits

you guys should think about making Ascend a friend rewards relevant again, it encourages bringing friends into game to get rewards for credits they buy, it hasn't been updated since Storm Legion was released and could use some unique and valuable goods like
    Celestial Slayer Bundles,
    Trove of Captured Intel,
    Trove of Legion Datagrams,
    Trove of Ethereal Shards,
    Trove of Challenger Marks,
    1/week Storm Cells,
    Spatial Anomalies,
    Revered Lv 70 Relic Essence Coffer,
    Revered Lv 70 Relic Rune Coffer,
    Revered Relic Fragment Coffer,
    Transcendent Boost Bundle,
    Artifact Tracking Vial Bundle,
    Bag of Innumerable Pockets (separate unique from the store bought),
    Shiny Shiny Wardrobe items,
    full sized companion pets,
    replace the void drake supply crate with a flame drake supply crate,
    add new versions of the Rumble mount and the Anniversary mounts,
    15 day patron passes,
    Level 65 Character Packs,
    Character Slot Extensions,
    Faction Changing Scrolls,
    Last Name Scrolls,
    Rename Character Scrolls,
    Trade Skill Extensions,
    Trove of Individual Reward Charges,
    Planewalker's Call Skill,
    Cosmic Core Bundles,
    Tempest Insignia,
    Dimension Keys and Items unique to the new Dimensions offered,
    A Very Large Bag of Crafting Marks,
    Ascended items similar to the Prize ticket items with Experience, Token and Noteriety boosts

let the trolling begin......

If they want to bring new players they need to start making new content, otherwise game will be dead in a year. Already Eu is a ghost town.
    -Why don't they do a new raid tier taking place in a rift ? That would be easy i guess as they only have to make the boss tacticts
    -Promote more in social medias and gaming sites the dimensions. Game has the best housing in industry.
    -Let players make huge dimensions and add them as zones in game? Would save a lot of resources to the company. Alla gamigo have to do next is add new quest series.
    -Why you scrap the planar disciples and tok 2 when they were developed so much from trion? Especially tok 2 was almost ready

Game is dying. If they don't work in something new, i doubt it would be around next year
    Last edited by simpa1988; 08-19-2019 at 01:14 AM.

If they want to bring in new players they need to start by fixing the ridiculous lag and DC's on EU !
    Last edited by Shadykadie; 08-19-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Ascend a friend would be nice. However, I can't even log in when the game is supposedly up. Everything is falling a part. It seems they are in no hurry to fix these issues.....

I'm not sure I would be recommending anyone I know to the game for the time being. I'd like to see at least some stabilization. It's like we're in Beta, no... Alpha stage of game development. Then, after that, show us some content progress. Or at least adjust events to the current population and throw in some dev promoted events. What say you all?

Telaran

Fix instability.

Acknowledge customer base.

Actually implement new content instead of breaking more things.

And by content I don't mean a new flashy mount, new wardrobe or dimension item.

I mean actual playable content like new raids/dungeons/zones/chronicles...

When you start to do all these things then u can consider advertising and then you might see an increase in your playerbase.

offer a free lvl 40 toon to new accounts, then make sure the game is listed on the popular MMO sites ... Troin did this just before prime was released so all you need to do is follow that same outline and do it again ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Rift Disciple

make sure the game is listed on the popular MMO sites
    Sadly, Rift is not even listed on Gamigo's own site. The only Trion games Gamigo lists among it's many FTP MMOs are Archege and Defiance 2050.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Sadly, Rift is not even listed on Gamigo's own site. The only Trion games Gamigo lists among it's many FTP MMOs are Archege and Defiance 2050.
    that's nothing new in the business world. if i owned a bunch of games, i wouldn't even have them all on one site. it increases the likelihood that if one person grows a dislike for one game they then know what other game not to play as well ... seriously you want them all listed separately or in there own groupings. it makes it easier to manage and keep track of financial stuff like funding and profits or if they would want to sell a game to someone else, they then dont need to untangle it from there rat nest of games ... big box stores do the same thing, store A buys store B out then leaves it as two different names so customers think they are shopping at different places ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    if i owned a bunch of games, i wouldn't even have them all on one site. ...
    I don't know if that is standard or not. Do you have examples? Gamigo has a couple dozen games on their website, including two Trion games. Blizzard and Trion list all their games on their launchers.

Rift is still the third highest rated FTP MMORG at the MMORG.com website. Rift is behind only Guild Wars 2 and Secret World Legends. It's a shame that such a highly rated game receives so little love from the owners.

+ Reply to Thread