+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP(warfront) problem and solution

Soulwalker

Post PVP(warfront) problem and solution

Warfront is interesting content and i like,but not now.Because good gears and status players dominate games,and casual players can hardly do anything.So new casual players cant enjoy and give up pvp.Though this ploblem does not only apply this game.
    My suggestion is that if a player loses three matches in a raw,he gets 15% all status boost buff next match and if he lose five matches in a raw,he gets 30% status boost buff next match and until he wins.
    One more point is support souls cant work in warfront.
    Last edited by yasajo; 07-17-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Endgame PvP isn't very gear dependent if you compare it with for example Storm Legion, and the gear also isn't very hard to obtain if you actively PvP (with the exception of good fragments).

The most determining factor in PvP is your class, soul build and skill. Those you can work on yourself to improve. Giving bonuses for losing matches to beat players with a higher skill does exactly the opposite.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by yasajo View Post
    Warfront is interesting content and i like,but not now.Because good gears and status players dominate games,and casual players can hardly do anything.So new casual players cant enjoy and give up pvp.Though this ploblem does not only apply this game.
    My suggestion is that if a player loses three matches in a raw,he gets 15% all status boost buff next match and if he lose five matches in a raw,he gets 30% status boost buff next match and until he wins.
    One more point is support souls cant work in warfront.
    Meh... I don't know. They still might kick my butt anyway, lol

This is brute force vs. skill & experience. Piling on more stats might help someone to survive a few more seconds, but...

Hmm, well, here. Take this situation, for example:

I'm healing a team mate that's getting beat up. I use all my cooldowns to keep this person alive, including my biggest heal at the end... and then bam!, the enemy player intentionally turns to attack me, knowing that I've just used my most cherished heal and that now it's on cooldown. I promptly die, because he was waiting for that moment when everything's on cooldown. That right there is a player with talent, skill, and a great awareness that I have a lot of respect for. No 15% boost to my stats could have saved me at that point. (Edit: to clarify, I know it was intentional because he told me after, lol)

(sorry, I don't mean to put a downer on your idea. I'd be willing to try it out for a couple months and see how it goes).
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-17-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post
    Meh... I don't know. They still might kick my butt anyway, lol

This is brute force vs. skill & experience. Piling on more stats might help someone to survive a few more seconds, but...

Hmm, well, here. Take this situation, for example:

I'm healing a team mate that's getting beat up. I use all my cooldowns to keep this person alive, including my biggest heal at the end... and then bam!, the enemy player intentionally turns to attack me, knowing that I've just used my most cherished heal and that now it's on cooldown. I promptly die, because he was waiting for that moment when everything's on cooldown. That right there is a player with talent, skill, and a great awareness that I have a lot of respect for. No 15% boost to my stats could have saved me at that point. (Edit: to clarify, I know it was intentional because he told me after, lol)

(sorry, I don't mean to put a downer on your idea. I'd be willing to try it out for a couple months and see how it goes).
    You're bad at rift. Ms. Floor Tank.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Shadowlander

a solution for the battlefields.
    disable the legendary skill and have the pvp changes in open world in bg
    this would make the pvp beaucout more interesting.

When did you think?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    You're bad at rift. Ms. Floor Tank.
    I have a special relationship with the floor. It gets lonely if I'm spending too much time running around.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

+ Reply to Thread