+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Open up the VP dailies to more casual players

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default Open up the VP dailies to more casual players

    I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to open up the Vostigar Peaks dailies to more casual players?

    My friend is kind of stuck at that one quest where you have to go into an instance alone and fight those two bosses (Ahnket and Crucia?). We like to play together and it would we fun if we could do VP dailies together.

    (not that big of a deal, 'cause we can do other stuff together, but just thought I'd throw it at the wall and see if it sticks.)

    For people who might fear that this will allow "casual noobs" to start getting uber gear and wiping your BoS raid, then trust me, there is no risk of that, haha. This is just something fun for us to do together on weekends.
    Last edited by Sarleaf; 07-15-2019 at 07:38 AM.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  2. #2
    Champion Shas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    545

    Default

    (what classd oes he play)

    He is lvl 70?

    Hierosolyma | Katane | Azuren | Jeru | Syenn | Shas | Shaslol | Shastroll

  3. #3
    General of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    917

    Default

    there is a guide for this here that may help..

    https://www.cadrift.net/quests/proph...ostigar-peaks/

    tho i understand that for some people the fight is just too much..

    as you are friends.. and you appear to have done the quest yourself.. i mean.. you could just... log his account and do it for him.

    i dont think they are gonna change the set up of the dailies, for most zones you do have to complete the questline before you can do the dailies for that zone.. but they could make it so the dailies open up a couple of quests before that quest, and then have something extra for peeps who do that quest as well.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    417

    Default

    you can't do them dailies untill that story-line is complete in vostigar in which that final battle is a part of. there is really no way around it. my understanding of it is they already made that battle a little easier. there are videos on the mechanics of the battle if you just google it. not to mention that all tho it is a solo battle you can be mentored by being partied with someone before battle starts as well as you can be buff by other player even tho he wont be there with you if he is a healer ... he/she can do this, i have faith in him/her ... we've all been there
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Just have a mage throw earthen barrier on them and they'll be fine.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    as you are friends.. and you appear to have done the quest yourself.. i mean.. you could just... log his account and do it for him.
    And if you are already helping, can you finish the quest for me, too?
    I had tried this quest several times at the beginning and was...unqualified. I was never motivated to try it again also not, after they made it simpler. I have simply increased my reputation through daily insignia. It'll be full soon….after almost two years.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    (what classd oes he play)

    He is lvl 70?
    Hi,

    He has a level 70 rogue and 70 mage.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Skiye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    While the encounter is fairly easy for a fresh 70 who can perform the mechanics. It wouldn't hurt to allow a friend to enter the instance to help and let this be completed as a group.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

    I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    there is a guide for this here that may help..

    https://www.cadrift.net/quests/proph...ostigar-peaks/

    tho i understand that for some people the fight is just too much..

    as you are friends.. and you appear to have done the quest yourself.. i mean.. you could just... log his account and do it for him.

    i dont think they are gonna change the set up of the dailies, for most zones you do have to complete the questline before you can do the dailies for that zone.. but they could make it so the dailies open up a couple of quests before that quest, and then have something extra for peeps who do that quest as well.
    Hi, Thanks. I know he said he had looked at a guide, but I'm not sure which one, so I'll share the link with him. I have a hunch it's something to do with his timing of using the abilities that pop up. It took me 9-10 times to get it myself, so I know how hard it can be.

    I think if I were to log in to his account and play, I'd do worse than he does. I know extremely little about mages and pretty much nothing about rogues. I'd just be smashing buttons without really knowing what's going on.

    Personally, I do feel a little torn, here. I want to help someone I care about, yet also I thought the quest was good practice to help me get oriented towards raiding, because in raids, you know, you have to pay attention to certain timing, mechanics, etc.

    Hey, is that a rogue in that video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNdmv2YAHsk
    Is that a self-heal macro in the bars? Any idea what that might be? And from which soul?
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Thank you for the encouragement,Merlin666. Hey I recognize the name Weirdo, haha Always fun to see you in warfronts.

    Mrwidoes, not a bad idea. Thanks
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    And if you are already helping, can you finish the quest for me, too?
    I had tried this quest several times at the beginning and was...unqualified. I was never motivated to try it again also not, after they made it simpler. I have simply increased my reputation through daily insignia. It'll be full soon….after almost two years.
    Haha, yeah, I can understand. Sounds like you're in a similar boat as my friend. :P I've advised him to use those insignias on PDF rep.

    But hey, maybe you could try it again? It's been a while, and maybe you're more comfortable with the character now, so it could be easier?
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    While the encounter is fairly easy for a fresh 70 who can perform the mechanics. It wouldn't hurt to allow a friend to enter the instance to help and let this be completed as a group.
    Yeah!

    I mean... didn't they do this with a different instance recently? --One of the quests that are part of the weapon upgrade. I've helped three people already with that one.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Skiye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarleaf View Post

    Hey, is that a rogue in that video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNdmv2YAHsk
    Is that a self-heal macro in the bars? Any idea what that might be? And from which soul?
    Yep, looks like a marksman, tactician, physician build.

    The macro button seems to have Active Treatment as the #show in there. So it's probably something like...

    #show Active Treatment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Urgent Care
    cast Active Treatment

    Then of course from tactician they probably took legendary Curative Engine to get healed each time they're hit.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

    I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Thank you, Skiye! I will share this with him.
    70 Cleric Sarleaf@Hailol, BoS tank, PvP healer
    alts: Frazzleweed@Hailol (lvl 24 mage); Sarifiber@Typhiria (lvl 7 warrior)
    Rift PvP videos: https://tinyurl.com/y2dl6oym

  15. #15
    General of Telara caduto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Yeah thats my self made solo spec with MM/Tact/Phys
    I can rupt, purge, knockback, cleanse, self heal, heal others and do mediocre DPS.
    It is by no means the best DPS solo spec out there, but i like it cos i don't die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts