• 3 Post By Seshatar
  • 4 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Phugly
  • 1 Post By Dairdis
  • 2 Post By Rhipf
  • 4 Post By arus2001

Thread: Stop the Power Levelling Please

Exclamation Stop the Power Levelling Please

IAs have taken over rift, they destroy old game content as being more useful utility for quick exp and gear.

new players to the game don't learn how to do the mechanics right since the HK and MoM are dumbed down so absurdly.

they get to 70 find out they no absolutely nothing about the game and quit out of futility.

we need to nerf at least 75% of exp earned in them, get rid of gear drops in them and make the HK and MoM IAs LFR difficulty sub lv65 raid style.

Celestial IAs need to honestly be removed because they are ONLY power levelling grabs good for farming experience and crap gear unless I am mistaken and they are locked to 65 and up then more power to them since you run out of quests before hitting 70 as Trion intended to promote spending on exp vials.

open world IAs are ok but should reward only gear for the level they are in and experience slightly less than the quests and dungeons for their levels.

please make the game great again instead of a speed grind failure!

If you want to get rid of IAs, then bring back Crafting Daily exp !!!
    :P
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

i really think if you massively nerfed IA's as OP suggested it would help bring back low lvl war-fonts. would this please everyone? no, no matter what you do to game in any of the areas of the game, someone will always find something to complain about. that's why at this point all you can do is make the needed nerf's to force people thru ALL parts of the game. while your at doing OP's recommendation, make it so better xp is gained from old raids AT PROPER LVL FOR RAID DONE. the more you raise your lvl to make it easier the less xp gained ... then at that point i really think you will see more people not only in war-fronts but also in old raids ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 06-25-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

I think it would be better to go the other way around and increase the XP earned in dungeons and warfronts by 300% and additionally add something rewarding for end game players to run old dungeons. Why slowing down the newcomers when like 99% of the playerbase is level 70?

Let's be honest, the tutorial is so outdated and ugly that most players probably don't even make it though it anymore. The HK and MoM IAs at least look cool and it would be nice if they could add PBB and ID for some more variety. It's also the only place where you meet other players as a newcomer.

In an optimal world the whole journey through 70 should be reworked, but I don't see that happen. The easy way is to make people level fast so they can play with the rest of the community.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Speed Levelling is just how some people like to do it, especially for alts, and the option should always be there.
    When speaking to new/returning players, their main opinion is that that the IA is great, that they enjoy the fast pace and grouping, that its a much better atmosphere for them than questing in open world by themselves.

Why would anyone gear up a level 30 character with enough tank gear to be able to tank a dungeon, then spend time finding a healer and 3 dps, creating specs for those roles and then running the dungeon, only to get level 30 gear that will last them around an hour before they outlevel it again.
    If the dungeons dropped gear that scaled with your character for a few levels then 'maybe' the drops would be worth it.. but the XP is definitely not.. the XP should be increased yes by a lot, but then you will still have the very low population of levelling players to contend with.. there simply are not enough 'level 30s' online at a given time to fill up a group reliably.. or any other level bracket.

The levelling experience is such a small portion of the playtime for most people.. but it is the first impression and of course it does matter.
    But removing options or reducing XP gains is not the way to help improve it. XP gains should be increased, for everything, all the way up to level 70.. Levelling should be an enjoyable yet short experience so that peeps can get into end game asap.

As far as specs go.. there is no point at all to learning proper specs til you hit level 70 as the play styles of specs change so much when you add legendaries. However, more focus should be put in game tutorials about how the soul/roles system works, the two little videos at level 10ish are not enough.

Soulwalker

Default PVP

gamigo can make it were it is a mandatory quest line to go through pvp every 10 levels starting at lvl 10. The new players don't understand for pvp its better to start doing it at the lower levels to build up the favor to be able to buy the Challenger Marks and other Marks for the good lvl 70 pvp gear and accessories. I mean if players dont want to do them fine but there are a lot of players that would like to do the lower lvl pvp but not enough on at same time to que up for them. The pvp que system is what is wrong with pvp any ways. Most of the time the qued teams are very uneven. Like one team will have 2 tanks, 2 healers, and a bunch of OP rogues. The other team 1 mage dps, 1 tank, 1 warrior dps, and no healers. And also one team has more players than the other. PVP que needs to provide balanced teams and get rid of premades or have it were premade vs premade and balanced que vs balanced que. Also, get rid of the cheating players that find holes in the maps to hide the flags, take the flag on enemies side and go to enemies respawn point and get tp back to their base with the enemies flag. Climbing ceiling to hide and walls or invisible walls. I have seen players tp from their pvp spawn point all the way across the map to the enemies base flag. Rift use to have one of the best pvp's but Trion hired a new person for about 3 or 4 years ago and they screwed it all up.

Shadowlander

People claim that there aren't enough people for dungeons and LFG, and yet there is rarely a time that you join an IA that there aren't 10-20 people in the group. The truth is there are plenty of people to run those dungeons, but IAs have ruined them. Rift is just another ez mode MMORPG with IAs, and that's a shame, because there is a lot of very, very good content being ignored for the "endgame is all that matters, gimme my max level toon for nothing" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Phugly View Post
    People claim that there aren't enough people for dungeons and LFG, and yet there is rarely a time that you join an IA that there aren't 10-20 people in the group. The truth is there are plenty of people to run those dungeons, but IAs have ruined them. Rift is just another ez mode MMORPG with IAs, and that's a shame, because there is a lot of very, very good content being ignored for the "endgame is all that matters, gimme my max level toon for nothing" crowd.
    amen to that, I hate seeing new players come join <Old Skool>@Deepwood and for lack of players outside IAs need me and my officers to come run content with them, we love helping them really get a good game experience but at the end of the day they are kind of cheated out of the original experience of players their own level and gear quality, because lets face it, mentored to 5lvls below monsters I still do dps an exp beyond the level I am at the time, I have made alts for the mere purpose of having something to run content equivalently proper.

so I am glad to see this pointed out, because yes BP IAs are encouraging even more IA grind than normal and the Devs need to rethink that among all the other possible fixes to that, when I joined Rift Nov 28th 2013 I had a LOT of players around me running similar content despite Dendrome having just launched and players still running GSB as a viable experience, what happened to that guys?

we are 2yrs 8mo since the last expansion was released and you guys are scrambling to get new content, give a reason for players to go back and play the old game to buy yourself some extra time to prevent disappointing new players with the end gamers already in burnout overdrive.

im too for I.A's to be limited per day count.!
    yeah..i agree with almost everyone,is not good for all rest features!

Sword of Telara

Eliminating IAs won't necessarily translate into more players queuing for old dungeon/raids though. The biggest draw for IAs is that you can jump in and out as you please. If you limit the number you can do in a day/week most of those players won't then go to LFG/LFR. Even when player base was a lot higher than what it is now and before the current level 65 IA queuing for LFG could take 10min to an hour to get a group. Then once you did get grouped up you were kind of committed to do the dungeon to completion.
    If I have 20min. of free time to play Rift do you think I would be more likely to do? Queue for LFG and hope I get a quick invite or jump into an IA?
    That being said I am all for increasing the experience gained in open world PvE and dungeons but I don't really see that helping the lack of players playing that content (at least the dungeons).

P.S. As to the OPs comment about getting to 70 and not knowing the game, even if you play through all the quests/dungeons from 1-65 you can get to 65 and/or 70 and be frustrated. You can't really know how to play a soul (for end game content) until you get the Masteries and Legendaries.

I think some grossly overestimate the amount of people leveling within given ranges to even make such a move feasible. Now, this sort of top-heavy population is something one can expect of older games, even if Rift itself is not an MMO most might think of first when it comes to games within the genre.

And even for established players who look into an alt, it's also fairly common for people to seek the optimal path to leveling. Should you remove IAs, it just shifts to something different someone may disagree with because it's not a particular aspect of the game they favor.

From my personal perspective, I am neither a fan of dungeons or PvP. Some might think, "Well, why do you even play these games?!" when I'll simply say I originally sought to see the game's general plot progress, explore the world, and of course enjoy the facets of character building one would typically expect of an RPG with leveling and gear acquisition. This was done way back in the day on me end, so I did see the game "how it was meant to be played" as some may argue, but when it came time to level alts, it wasn't really like the experience changed appreciably. So, the second time leveling a character could've been tolerable, but after that? Eh, can't say I'd blame people for seeking an optimal or "lazy" method like old craft dailies.

As others noted, there is no guarantee that leveling "traditionally" actually imparts the knowledge one needs. Rift is somewhat volatile in this regard between soul combinations and builds having milestones as you level. One could also master a DPS class/rotation, but in turn switch to a tank soul and utterly fail between lesser gear and experience within more complex content. No amount of "just google it" or pushing people to youtube videos can replace actual experience, either. As a result, if you want to actually play with good players, the community needs to take the steps to actually support those in need and not just rage quit after a wipe and/or sling insults. Hoping to be surrounded by pros 24/7 is really just hoping for the lazy way out and reeks of wanting to reap the rewards of their own knowledge/expertise for what likely translates to compensating for one's own shortcomings or desire to slack.

In the end, I don't think some realize how much of a poor move gutting IAs would be. Certainly, you can incentivize other content, but also don't fall into the trap of unique rewards as that's how you tend to build resentment from players. Prior experience with PvP and the token slot during SL should remind some of that past blunder. And the unfortunate reality for aspects of the game like PvP is that other games simply do it better, or have trimmed the proverbial fat by being another genre entirely like an FPS or MOBA. This isn't to say Rift couldn't improve here, but then you have to consider cost efficiency. Is it worth it? PvP fans may say yes, but as a vocal minority, they probably wouldn't like being told it would be a negligible gain if at all. And I say this being mindful it's not as easy as just adding some new maps/modes. You've still got issues with class/soul imbalances, PUGs vs. Pre-mades, bolstering being insufficient (or even frowned upon depending on who you ask), and those that think just because you PvP a lot you should be raid ready (or better) too.

Basically, there's more to leveling than just the number no matter what sort of content you enjoy. Frankly, you need to be happy people are even playing at all, as your average joe isn't going to want to take months just start running endgame dungeons while everyone else is done or pretty deep in raid content and unwilling to backtrack for fresh meat. The frequent assertion of casuals ruining things is also a lame and tiresome rebuttal. I'd be more keen to point my finger at the lack of content or poor QA for what does hit. Then again, some didn't want to hear that Prime would be a bust and here we are now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    If I have 20min.
    I am surprised players with less than an hour at a time to play would even bother with mmorpgs. I barely do anything because I am end game for a few months now and am basically in admin mode running my guild in the absence of my guild leaders who have irl plaguing them atm but I still sit in game for over 8 hours a day, I realize few of us can do this because we are retired or disabled vets but still I wouldnt play with less than an hour, I would check minions, daily crafting and the AH then leave.

+ Reply to Thread