+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Getting rid of all IA's

Soulwalker

Default Getting rid of all IA's

Please get rid of all Instant Adventure and Intrepid Adventures. Because of them everyone is in them leveling and not doing low level dungeons. Have people actually play the game again. Or start them at level 50 plus, prefer 60 plus. And if you lower the cost of xp bottles, you could sell more to the people that want to level faster at the same time.

I'd rather not. Have you considered that people who do IA wouldn't do dungeons anyway? A lot of people just don't like doing dungeons. Leave people the choice to do what they like, why remove content instead of adding it? I honestly only started to do IA short ago, I always only did questing. I'd never touch a dungeon even if paid.
    For dungeons there are guilds anyway, just join one that does dungeons.
    [Faeblight] Yareen Amaltheia Mongke ... [Typhiria] Aiadiyima

Plane Touched

"People aren't catering to MY needs in the game so you should force them to do something they don't enjoy so I can get MY way."

Do... Do you even realize how absurd you sound?

Was this a call to remove content from the game. How ironic.

iv touch on this in past somewhere. what they should do is limit the number times you can enter a IA based on a IA charge of some sort. but the charge would not be about whether not you get loot or good XP it would be based on whether or not can enter the IA to begin with (every main IA boss would consume one charge). if you use all your charges then you will have no choice but to find something else to do or buy more IA charges (ka-ching, cash shop item) once you get to lvl 65, you could remove the requirement for IA charge ... as well as give patrons more flexibility in charges somehow ... by doing something along these lines you would force the flow of people thru the different area's of the game INCLUDING WAR-FRONTS - this could potentially bring back low lvl WF's like everyone i speak to wants ... the reason no one does low lvl WF's is because everyone simply stays in IA until they are 65 cuz there is nothing to stop them from doing so ... Zyra please pass this idea to the new team
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Default IAs breaking the game for New comers

Levelling on IAs is the cheapest way to do it, might as well hand out instant 65 boosts, they never do the HK mechanics which teaches them horrible habits they barely learn their class in a series of easy exp farming tasks and then get butt hurt when no one wants to carry them through dungeons, lfrs, drrs and raids..

IA is the stain on this game keeping us from being a desirable game to play for new players looking for low level game play

Then there is people who just want to make alts cause the game gets boring with only one character and I just kinda like the stuff there is at lvl 70 than questin and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormieee View Post
    Then there is people who just want to make alts cause the game gets boring with only one character and I just kinda like the stuff there is at lvl 70 than questin and stuff...
    and I have enjoyed power grinding content on each of my alts instead of mind numbing IAs so I could learn all five classes

Plane Touched

Default IA grants more XP than Dungeons

Unless dungeons start granting loads of xp no one will dump IAs in favor of them. The grind is already awful but you can see the bar move doing IAs. Yes- IAs are boring and repetitive. But they are quick. Dungeons are not quick. More interesting- perhaps more fun in the right group- but not quick- or worth it if anyone wants to level in some reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Unless dungeons start granting loads of xp no one will dump IAs in favor of them.
    yep that's why it would be better to either get rid of them as OP said or go with what i said above and lock them behind a ia charge then that you would not be deleting content but just controlling the flow ... what Gamigo team really need's to do is figure out what area's of game they can tweak to control the flow of people thru game. kinda like a air gang valve on fish tank, if one area on a tank gets too much air you turn then you turn that valve down a bit to balance things ...

Sword of Telara

So if they get rid of IAs, will lower level content really benefit?

I have a feeling that all it will do is limit the number of alts that people make and actually discourage a fair number of new players. There may be a significant population on the forums that would like to see lower level content more populated but would the average new player want to play that content?

I am making an assumption here but I think a fair majority of new players would actually like to get to end content as quickly as possible.That is the reason that IAs are the main avenue for leveling characters. I don't see lower level WFs actually benefiting from limiting IAs. I also don't see lower level dungeons benefiting from limiting IAs unless the experience is significantly boosted. You can jump into an IA at any time with only a minute or two (max) queue time. WFs queue time is probably in the 1-5 minute range and dungeons (even at level 70) is in the 10min-5hr queue range. You can get lucky and instantly join IAs, WFs and dungeons but I think the above is a good estimate of the average wait times. If you have limited time to play the game and want to get to end content fast IAs are (currently) your only real option.

So in theory it may seem like limiting/killing IAs would help drive numbers to the lower level content but I think what it really will do is lower the already low game population.

I also think if players want to go slower and explore all the older content they will mostly do this through the story line quests and not through WFs and dungeons.(at least for the majority). There will always be new players that would like to do lower level WFs and dungeons but I don't see removing IAs significantly helping them find other players for that content.

Telaran

I like the idea of limiting the number of IAs that people can do per day/week, it makes them persue a different avenue for leveling up... unfortunately that avenue would probably be powerleveling, which is worse than IAs imo, since the one being powerleveled isn't learning anything except how to follow and loot or how to stand around and do nothing and be rewarded... not that that doesn't happen already in IAs.
    May the frogue be with you.

General of Telara

We've already been there. There was a time with no IAs and people leveling through quests. You still couldn't get to open low level instances because no one would tank or heal. It was a pain to level anything and no fun at all.

I say no to your suggestion, sorry.
    Last edited by Maegwynn; 06-14-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch" - NEW: Schlumpfhausen-The Smurfs (Alli), owner guild Schlumpftastisch

Quote Originally Posted by Maegwynn View Post
    We've already been there. There was a time with no IAs and people leveling through quests. You still couldn't get to open low level instances because no one would tank or heal. It was a pain to level anything and no fun at all.
    this is not true ... low lvl WF's stopped when Intrepid IA was introduced. it was like a switch was flipped ...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaltheae View Post
    I'd rather not. Have you considered that people who do IA wouldn't do dungeons anyway? A lot of people just don't like doing dungeons. Leave people the choice to do what they like, why remove content instead of adding it? I honestly only started to do IA short ago, I always only did questing. I'd never touch a dungeon even if paid.
    For dungeons there are guilds anyway, just join one that does dungeons.
    Agreed. The choices are slim, as is. People have different interests, so it makes sense to allow options in activities. Op seems to have an off theory on this. I think the depleting pop. is the reason you don't have enough people to do things with. Even when I hop in IAs, which is usually festival or BP related, there aren't lots of people. Quite honestly Rift dungs and IAs are boring and too shallow designed. I'd rather power level through Gyel if I needed to re-roll a character.
    Last edited by Sails; 06-15-2019 at 12:55 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast