+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Seshatar

Thread: Compensation for EU shard merges

Default Compensation for EU shard merges

Seeing as the 3rd compensation bag didn't hold much and the real compensation will come after the (successful) merge, I'd like to give a few suggestions on that compensation.

The damage is mostly done to players having to remove/delete characters due to character slot max.
    Along with that goes the loss of dimensions, bought/levelled tradeskills, gear, time investments and income.

My suggestion would be to create a number of packs.

One for crafting
    One for dimensions
    One for currencies
    One for gear

Each account gets 6 compensation packs, each consisting of a choice between one of the above four packs.

Crafting packs may include a skill 450 boost, 3 boxes with harvesting mats, 3 with hunting mats, 3 with assasination mats (as they come from the reward calender/minion adventures) and 1 box with chance at special mats (such as the cosmic bag crafting ingredient, celestial matrixes, celestial motes, crafting runes)

Dimension bags may include 10 boxes with 6* dimension items, 10 with 5* dimension items, 10 with 4* dimension items, 10 with 3* dimension items, 5x green boxes, rare boxes, epic boxes and relic boxes dimension items. 3 boxes with special dimension keys, 25 boxes with special dimension items./bundles as were available during Seasonal world events and 1 box with a chance at unique dimension items

Currency bags may include a number of all open world/dungeon/raid currencies available in game, a random amount of each currency between 2500 and 7500.
    next to that a number of regular event currencies, that would be earned through the dailies during world events. This number can vary between 1000 and 5000.
    One special currency bag with a chance at the special event currencies, that come from the weekly quests in world events, prize tickets and chaos motes. The weekly event currencies can vary from 5 to 20, the tickets can range from 500 to 2500, the chaos motes can range from 50 to 250.
    One bag with platinum upto 5000 plat. (if this still is the max for a f2p player, that limit may have to be removed/changed.
    One bag with a chance at upto 1000 credits, a 2-week patron pass or a 1-month patron pass

The gear bags can contain a set of gear, One box for each gear slot, including jewelry and weapons, but excluding the seal. All gear will be for the level of the character that opens the bag, with a max level tier of tier 1 gear.
    One box with a seal that scales to level 70.
    One box with a trinket that scales to level 70
    One box with 5 calling bound planar fragments for each plane, so 6x 5 planar fragments.
    One box with a chance at a gear drop from TD, one of the integrated runes or a greater essence .

That way, people can make a choice in what suits them best as compensation.

It may also be a good idea to extend the guild vault max from 5 to 6 or 7 vaults.
    Next to that, in Rift Store ALL dimension items, gear and service products could be put on sale, giving a discount on both the credit price as well as the ingame currency price
    This could be combined with a free 1-week patron pass
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-07-2019 at 03:56 AM.

For me most of your suggestions sounds like too much RNG and bad economy effects for me. Especially the currency compensation you suggest is completely out of hand.

Each account gets 6 compensation packs, each consisting of a choice between one of the above four packs.
    One special currency bag with a chance at the special event currencies, that come from the weekly quests in world events, prize tickets and chaos motes. The weekly event currencies can vary from 5 to 20, the tickets can range from 500 to 2500, the chaos motes can range from 50 to 250.
    One bag with platinum upto 5000 plat. (if this still is the max for a f2p player, that limit may have to be removed/changed.
    One bag with a chance at upto 1000 credits, a 2-week patron pass or a 1-month patron pass
    OK so lets do the math:
    • 6x5 to 6x20 weekly event currency = 30-120 weekly world event currency, which equals around 10-40 chars doing all weeklies of a normal world event (the ones that give 1 per weekly at least)
    • 6x500 to 6x2500 Prize Tickets = 3000-12,000 Prize Ticket, a lockboxs has average 2 Prize Tickets in them so it equals 1500-24,000 lockboxes of Prize tickets
    • 6x5,000p = 30,000p, the current equivalent of around 4 REX on EU and 7-8 REX on NA, but ofc due to all the alt accounts etc. the inflation would make REX prices skyrocketing
    • up to 6000 credits or 3-6 months of patron time total

I would say even just ONE of those options would be way more than needed compensation, but all of it, also considering that some people have multiple accounts, is just a plain stupid idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough with the rant, but now let's talk about what's good about your idea: giving the players the choice of what they want to have. Everyone plays different, so it's better to offer a nice reward for an individual playstyle rather than a minimal amount of everything, which then for most is nothing.

My suggestion:
    • 1 week patron time for everyone
    • additional 2 weeks patron time for players who have been patron in the problematic time period
    • 3 "Compensation Coins" for everyone with which you can buy a compensation bundle from a special compensation vendor

For compensation coins you could choose for example:
    • 1 Storm Cell
    • 3 Tenebrean Engines
    • 3 Challenger Marks
    • 5 Dimension Supply Crates (the Premium ones from the Store)
    • 5 Regulos Lock Boxes
    • 30,000 Battle Pass XP
    • 3 crafting skill boosters to skill 450
    • 1 random mount box (the one from the Calendar)
    • 1 Captured Intel box (5,000 Intel)
    • 3 Experience Vials 160%
    • 3 Token Tablets 160%
    • 3 Notoriety Vials 160%
    • 5 Rune Unsocketers
    • 5 Planar Essence Removal Devices

The more options the merrier, but it needs to somehow be balanced, not throwing free candy on everyone. I think this would be a good "base" compensation for the server problems.

Now regarding the merge:
    It is hard to make a rule who really was affected by the merge and who not. Therefore I would suggest that all players, who really had a big loss of relevant characters during the merge, should write a list of characters to Customer Service (it shouldn't be that many players) and CS decides on an individual extra compensation. I am talking about players who had to delete level 70 chars here, chars with awesome dimensions on them, chars that had multiple crafting skills maxed out etc. Not some low level alts that have been played for 3 hours or name blocking chars etc. Those players who REALLY (and I repeat: really!) got hit hard and lost hundreds to thousands of hours of playtime invested should then receive a generous and adequate compensation from gamigo, everything from a few thousand credits to multiple months of patron could be adequate, depending on the loss (to be individually decided by CS).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, let me finish this post by saying:

The only compensation that would make me happy would be a good content drop this year, a roadmap for the future and an open communication by the production to the community management so we know what the heck is going on behind the scenes and what we can expect.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    snip
    Naaa, fishing lure refresh > your crappy compensation packs. I'd be so happy to get a pack of 27 fishing lure refreshers so I could fish all the good stuff they removed from loot tables several years ago.

It be also great to get few packs of outdated currencies, even better if you can't even use them in game. That be amazing, since it would show how much Gamigo employees and CMs know about the current state of game and what is considered as compensation. Coin could also compensate a lot, 17 gold would be great, maybe a little less to not create a massive inflation.

Since we been missing out the amazing balanced PVP and it's weeklies/dailies we get about 80% of the time in BP, it be great to compensate that too - I'd say 400 Favor packs, account bound, be great. That would help my main a ton!

Thanks!

maybe you forget it can be handed out to accounts already existing, EU only... and it is also compensating for chars/dimensions/cash paid items being deleted...

And it is a suggestion,
    Not much random about it, just the amounts.. that can be changed if need be..

but count the time and items used to level say 3 chars as patron with bought dimensions, extensions and investments..

You can always change the number of choice packs (one choice-pack being the choice between the 4 themed packs) Or just hand everybody one of each pack.

But what would a crafter want with all the dimension stuff, he would probably prefer the items over dimension keys...

It would help levelling up a char that one has kept for building dimensions one does not want to loose but never levelled, while a higher toon is deleted despite its level, simply because there were less or no dimensions added to that char.

As for the list you posted..

uhm.. lol.. pretty much got all of those items gathering dust in my bags already and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Those with dimensions who paid with real money/credits for many things, but have to delete those high level chars for one reason or another may want to extend dimension max on other chars, that they need/want to level for access to other things...

And well, having over 10k of event currencies and 20 or more special currency from an event.. not that rare... Doing dailies with 40 chars during an event is still 1k normal currency daily.. if you only do 1 daily. More dailies, more currency.. and with boosts./patron it is possible to make 4k event currency from 1 daily...
    those who already have the currencies willl not bother.. and the 6 boxes with chance at 6x month patron might happen to 1 or 2 players, if you set the chances right..

As you may have noticed.. the big reward special boxes is a chance at...

All others have a random amount of more specified currencies/items
    For currency boxes.. older currencies from the old raids/instances would give players who came late in the game a chance to extend their wardrobe with gear from the old days.

the only big currencies would be legion datagrams, captured intel if you didnt farm that already and perhaps the ethereal shards.. and the plat.

And if you hadnt noticed already.. Rex prices have already skyrocketed... one year ago, Rex on EU was around 5k.. it is now 8k.. It usually goes up with around 1k with every world event... .

And keep in mind, the compensation is not just compensation.. it is to make players happy, invest in players.. so yes, maybe some players get a good roll out of it with 3months patron... But isn't that basically what we want?.. To keep players in the game, so there is activity and people enjoy the game as it is now, keep playing a little longer, so Gamigo gets some time to hopefully implement some new content before players leave ?

A good compensation may just keep players in game and yes, that may cost .. but a lot of players are paying that price already with the upcoming merge.

Most damage is done to the EU server, so it would seem logical to only hand out the big compensation packs on EU.
    And preferably to all active accounts, that have been online in say the past 1 or 2 months, so nobody can just create and account to get the currency packs and exploit the compensation that way
    Any special items/currencies can be made soulbound as well, so of no use to other accounts, thus preventing a player with multiple accounts to stack up on w/e patron time he gets and send it to one account/sell in ah

@leatacid

The state of the game is not good at the moment, I agree with that. But the compensation is not intended to compensate for the lack of content .. it is to compensate for loss of dimensions, characters, time invested..

And we can't make everybody happy with the same thing.. So it would be something that could please players of different level, different age, different playstyle, different interests, different year of starting the game..
    Last edited by Aranka; 06-07-2019 at 04:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread